The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 AM
Royal Highness

William and Kate: the future for the parents-to-be according to a numerologist - hellomagazine.com

Old 05-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

William and Kate to lose their principal private secretary, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton - hellomagazine.com

Old 05-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Majesty

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 52m
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge were in Oxfordshire today to celebrate the wedding of close friends William van Cutsem & Rosie Ruck Keene.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton attends wedding - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 52m
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge were in Oxfordshire today to celebrate the wedding of close friends William van Cutsem & Rosie Ruck Keene.
Picture;
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...xlifx1r7u&_rdr

Recycled Topshop dress, and the same jacket worn previously.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
How inane to even suggest that Kate has "inherited" anything from Diana. Sheeesh. If Kate has inherited her style and grace from anyone, it would have been her own mother by example.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's royal wedding website is 'deactivated'-
Prince William and Kate Middleton's royal wedding website is 'deactivated' - Telegraph

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Courtier

From Twitter:

Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 51m
Hello reports a tour to Australia and NZ is being planned for Will & Kate for Spring 2014.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I'm really looking forward to another tour. I wonder if they'll take the baby with them?
Old 05-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I'm really looking forward to another tour. I wonder if they'll take the baby with them?
From the years of watching this couple, I would think the odds of them taking the baby with them is far greater than leaving the child home with nannies. I think Will and Kate are going to be very hands on parents.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Nobility

They'll probably take a nanny along with them ...
Old 05-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I hope not. I thought it was a bit of a publicity stunt when Diana did it. Royal tours are not family vacations. They generally have pretty packed schedules of daily engagements so at best the baby is left in a hotel room with nannies and the parents get to see the baby for a few minutes in the morning before going out and then in the evening while changing for a dinner.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Majesty

I really don't think Charles & Diana took baby William with them for publicity or did it as a stunt. They had a royal tour to take on and naturally they took their baby with them.

I think when William & Catherine do another tour, they will most likely take their baby too. The days of leaving the baby at home while they go to another country is pretty much over. I'll have to wait for some confirmation on this particular trip though.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know; I seem to recall that Diana said taking the baby was a mistake because his routines were all disrupted and it was very difficult to keep to their schedule.

(But of course, everyone loved seeing the baby! I know I would want to).
Old 05-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Majesty

I think it would've been very hard for her and Charles to leave baby William back at home for six whole weeks. I just don't see William & Catherine leaving their baby behind until the baby gets older.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
They'll probably take a nanny along with them ...
Perhaps they will bring Grandma Carole!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't know; I seem to recall that Diana said taking the baby was a mistake because his routines were all disrupted and it was very difficult to keep to their schedule.

(But of course, everyone loved seeing the baby! I know I would want to).
I do think William and Kate will take their baby on their 1st tour after he/she is born, but they might also conclude (as Diana did) that taking a baby on tour is a mistake.

Because for William's 1st birthday, he was left behind with his nannies while Diana and Charles toured Canada.

Here is the story from People magazine's archives:
A Royal First - Birthdays, The British Royals, Prince Charles, Prince William, Princess Diana : People.com
Old 05-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

IIRC, when Charles and Diana did the Australian tour with baby William, I think I read that they were guests at a friend/relative's homestead which they made their base for the tour. William and crew stayed there with Charles and Diana stopping in whenever it was possible to do so. I'd have to look it up in my books to find the exact details that I read.

The idea of Gramma Carole going along for Baby C isn't a far fetched idea either but I would put my bet down on a nanny. We also have to remember we don't know details... just that a possible trip is possible. The length of the trip would make a big difference along with certain other things such as Kate possibly still breast feeding (IF she's going to. We don't know).
Old 05-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

As pointed out by a previous post, the Aussie NZ tour that Charles and Diana did with baby William was 6 weeks, I don't think that the royals do tours of that length anymore. A trip to down under - 2 weeks max. I don't think they would take baby Cambridge with them. Their foreign tours are pretty packed schedule wise. I would think that they would leave the baby and Lupo with Mike and Carole. With technology today, they could check in daily with Skype or FaceTime

Plus people would complain about the extra cost to take the baby, all it's stuff, extra policeman and somebody to watch him/her.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Apparently we have 4 potential weddings next saturday;

MoS Diary: Kate's dilemma: One weekend... four wedding invitations | Mail Online

Rupert Finch is marrying Natasha Rufus Isaacs in Cirencester.
Peregrine Hood is marrying Serena Nikkah’s in Wiltshire.
Nigerian oil heiress Emma McQuiston, become Britain’s first black marchioness when she heads down the aisle with the Viscount Weymouth, Ceawlin Thynn, at his family estate at Longleat in Wiltshire.
Charlotte Goldsmith is getting married to designer Philip Colbert at a trendy affair in East London.