The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

IF he's going to give up the RAF, then why is he concentrating on his flying at the moment to the extent that it has meant regular separation from Catherine?

Also, giving up the RAF does not mean giving up the military.

I think it is too soon for him to be a full time royal.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

I think he's probably made his decision already. I don't know when they'll want to announce it though. I do think he is going to leave the SAR job and transfer to the more flexible job so he gets more time with Kate and the baby and his royal duties.

I just hope if hes leaving the SAR that it happens before the baby is born..because I think it will extremely hard on him to leave his baby and have to spend all that time in Wales.

I feel like whatever he chooses they are going to make a big deal of it. I don't think the reporters are going to be told before hand I think they are just going to get announcement from the palace one day.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
A good read from Robert Jobson:
Time For Younger Royals to Step Up and Support Queen-
https://mobile.twitter.com/theroyale...30134349611008

good article, short and sweet.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
IF he's going to give up the RAF, then why is he concentrating on his flying at the moment to the extent that it has meant regular separation from Catherine?

Also, giving up the RAF does not mean giving up the military.

I think it is too soon for him to be a full time royal.
He could be doing the separating now so he can be with her when the babies arrived. Which would hint he was preparing to become a full time royal. Although nothing hints to me that he's going to do that, he's not taken on more engagements, they've not made a definite announcement for anyone to judge.

William has the option when the SAR gets privatised to take a military desk job I believe, he could do that. But I don't think that's in him. He wants to be as close to the action as possible without going to Afghanistan.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I think he would like to stay in the SAR until 2016 when SAR is privatised. It's a 3 year term. I think he could do SAR at Wattisham, Suffolk, be based at Anmar House on the Sandringham estate and be closer to London. It has even been said that if he continues he will have to leave Anglesey, as this is RAF practice. I think Wattisham (where Harry is based) is the option. He could be upping his hours to enable him to become a SAR trainer which would give him more flexibility.

EDIT sorry for poor typing on dodgy device!
EDIT 2: I've tidied up the typing.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Majesty

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
@royalmarsden paid a firm £1,500 to "print news clippings" following a visit by William and Kate: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21762939 …
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
It looks like bloggers too may now come under Britain's press regulator. Beware republishing Kate pap pics.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It looks like bloggers too may now come under Britain's press regulator. Beware republishing Kate pap pics.
Not a bad thing IMO.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
This reporter is in a real spin about any press regulation and is also fed up that the royal palaces do not give out all information all of the time. He's having a bad time, poor soul

Old 03-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

Not a bad thing IMO.
I'm a blogger, if I reblog a picture of Catherine on my tumblr site from Sunday's appearance is that a bad thing?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm a blogger, if I reblog a picture of Catherine on my tumblr site from Sunday's appearance is that a bad thing?
No it isn't. Richard Palmer is surmising - its not fact. The only issue will be if there is a question mark over breach of privacy, ie the pictures in France. Pictures in an accepted public place will be difficult to ban. There is no way they can monitor every twitter, tumblr or facebook account pictures.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
This reporter is in a real spin about any press regulation and is also fed up that the royal palaces do not give out all information all of the time. He's having a bad time, poor soul
I've been side eyeing him ever since he decided to be mad on the world behalf b/c Will and Kate didn't release Lupo's name
Old 03-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think he would like to stay in the SAR until 2016 when SAR is privatised. It's a 3 year term. I think he could do SAR at Wattisham, Suffolk, be based at Anmar House on the Sandringham estate and be closer to London. It has even been said that if he continues he will have to leave Anglesey, as this is RAF practice. I think Wattisham (where Harry is based) is the option. He could be upping his hours to enable him to become a SAR trainer which would give him more flexibility.

EDIT sorry for poor typing on dodgy device!
EDIT 2: I've tidied up the typing.
Honestly I don't see the senior royals seeing a need to change anything now. There are still many members of the BRF on the "full-time" list without adding the grandchildren. A cynical part of me believes that if the grandchildren are moved on to the full-time list that there will be questions from the public regarding the need for so many especially when covering the cost of their security on a full or part time (royal engagement only) basis. If William, Kate and Harry are promoted to full-time I wouldn't be surprised if there are requests to remove HM's cousins and even Anne, Andrew and Edward to a part-time role.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Honestly I don't see the senior royals seeing a need to change anything now. There are still many members of the BRF on the "full-time" list without adding the grandchildren. A cynical part of me believes that if the grandchildren are moved on to the full-time list that there will be questions from the public regarding the need for so many especially when covering the cost of their security on a full or part time (royal engagement only) basis. If William, Kate and Harry are promoted to full-time I wouldn't be surprised if there are requests to remove HM's cousins and even Anne, Andrew and Edward to a part-time role.
There will be no change to the personal security cost as William, Catherine and Harry are already allocated full-time security. The cost of these three is not met through the new funding mechanism but through the Duchy of Cornwall. So no increase in costs except.. I believe when visiting anywhere (and it doesnt matter who it is) the local police increase security around the event and the level of local security would depend on who it is (ie greater for Catherine than, say, Princess Alexandra).

Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

There will be no change to the personal security cost as William, Catherine and Harry are already allocated full-time security. The cost of these three is not met through the new funding mechanism but through the Duchy of Cornwall. So no increase in costs except.. I believe when visiting anywhere (and it doesnt matter who it is) the local police increase security around the event and the level of local security would depend on who it is (ie greater for Catherine than, say, Princess Alexandra).
The cost might not change and might not in actuality be covered by any form of public funding, but that's not how the people tend to see it.

Granted, whether they're full time royals or not, people are going to see the expense of them existing as funded by the tax payers.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Majesty

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 2m
Yes, we will know about his RAF decision and her new patronages in the next few weeks
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 8m
Looks like Australia and NZ must wait another year: palace officials say William and Kate are unlikely to travel overseas this year.

I think we already knew that.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Majesty

New poll reveals two thirds of Brits think the Queen does a wonderful job but 80 per cent would like to see more of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge:
New poll reveals two thirds of Brits think the Queen does a wonderful job but 80 per cent would like to see more of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online
Old 04-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@HRHDuchesskate: William and Kate's signatures from the 2013 Easter Service in Anglesey (with many thanks to the lovely Kitty Royal) http://t.co/UySZWeURtE
Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Majesty

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 28m
As #William + #Kate's 2nd #wedding anniversary approaches tonight's @omgInsider will take a look back at their last 2 years together.