The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, I actually do find their relationship as 'inspirational.' I don't think they are a perfect couple and all relationships have it's ups and downs. I just find it beautiful that their love and friendship as lasted this long. They had to deal with a great deal of pressure and media nonsense over the years but they've kept going forward together and now they are getting ready to welcome their first child in the world.

To me, I think The Cambridge's are inspirational and a beautiful couple.
You're definitely right. I find this couple inspirational as well, because they chose to stick it out, and work on their difference, rather than quit and go their separate ways. Yes, they did take a break from each other, but that break helped them grow and realize that being together was a lot better than being apart. You can see their devotion to one another, and it brings back the notion that finding your own 'happily ever after' is a possibility. We can all find our 'prince' or 'princess', love, and be loved in return.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Truly, I can't find anything inspirational in either of them. That's not a dig, just my truth. They have not been around long enough in any capacity to be labeled "inspirational." Give them time, it may work out that they are.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Catherine wasn't featured on BBC4s "Woman of the year" list today. HM got top position as expected.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2KX5QlT6p

It's hardly a reliable list, everyone after HM shouldn't be there.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Truly, I can't find anything inspirational in either of them. That's not a dig, just my truth. They have not been around long enough in any capacity to be labeled "inspirational." Give them time, it may work out that they are.
On this, I have to agree with you. To me they seem as a couple like millions of others that have progressed a close relationship into marriage. I would also be willing to bet that even though they love each other, they also have those "I don't like you much right now" days that all couples go through. The big test of any relationship that can be called "inspirational" is the test of time and circumstances. They've just not been at it long enough yet.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I have to agree and I find it disappointing that the media in an effort to sell more copies will continue to hold them to an unrealistic image. IMHO this a couple that appears to have a good, solid foundation built on friendship. I hope that their marriage continues to grow and strengthen, but they've only been married less than two years. I agree with KittyAtlanta and that they need time.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Majesty

Very true, William & Catherine have a long ways to go. I reflect on this young generation and the people in my life and all the stuff I (personally) have seen couples go through, I think it's great that so far William & Catherine have remained together through their own struggles. They will no doubt go through many ups and downs but I just think it's beautiful and inspirational to see them grow as husband & wife and friends with each other.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

Lumutqueen you asked for an example of royal couple who did not marry for love. I would put forth GD Jean and GD Josephine Charlotte. She is said to have loved another whom her parents would not let her marry, and to have cried on her wedding day. And she looked grim in photos on her wedding day (although most photographers caught more grim moments back then, in all of their royal subjects). However, it seems GD Jean and GD Josephine Charlotte came to love one another. There are photos on line of her comforting him when he abdicated, and of him crying at her funeral. Love can grow out of an arranged marriage, but it may not be there to start.
I find GD Jean and GD Josephine Charlotte to be an inspirational couple, although she was imperfect in her attitudes, especially toward Maria Teresa. It is not surprising she resented a love match, since she was not allowed to have one, and royal bloodlines were held up to her as trumping love. Hard for her to make the transition to love matches between royals and commoners. But she continued on, with dignity, even through terminal cancer.
A lovely looking pair of blue bloods, who learned to love one another.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Kate is ours in the same way Diana was: we cannot be kept at bay:
Kate is ours in the same way Diana was: we cannot be kept at bay – Telegraph Blogs

Very true, Catherine is the British peoples future Queen but I think it's important to treat your future Queen with some respect. She'll do her part by serving the people, support great causes and dutifully fly the flag for the United Kingdom and Commonwealth but I think it's important to give her some time and space too.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Kate is ours in the same way Diana was: we cannot be kept at bay – Telegraph Blogs

Very true, Catherine is the British peoples future Queen but I think it's important to treat your future Queen with some respect. She'll do her part by serving the people, support great causes and dutifully fly the flag for the United Kingdom and Commonwealth but I think it's important to give her some time and space too.
Well, Diana's dead now, at least in part because of media interest around her. So...I don't think it's the best paradigm to fit Kate into.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Aristocracy

That blog post is...really disturbing. Creepy obsessive, completely dismissive of whether Kate or any of the royal family gets hurt in their stalking, just as long as they have access to her in some form or fashion. "We'll do whatever we want with her because she's OURS!"

I feel deeply sorry for Kate all over again.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Majesty

Public scrutiny is a fact of life for William and Kate:
Public scrutiny is a fact of life for William and Kate | Richard Palmer | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express
Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral View Post
That blog post is...really disturbing. Creepy obsessive, completely dismissive of whether Kate or any of the royal family gets hurt in their stalking, just as long as they have access to her in some form or fashion. "We'll do whatever we want with her because she's OURS!"

My thoughts exactly. I was very disturbed as well. The last thing we need is for history to repeat itself.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

especially written by someone who is a self-appointed ambassadour for God.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Wowzers! That's possibly the most disturbing thing I've read this side of 21st Century.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Nobility

She very well describes public feelings about 'our Royals' - and this is exactly what I find disturbing and unhealthy. A lot of people have no respect for others any longer. And every employee has a right to privacy; and my employees are living of my money, they have no other source of income. But that doesn't make them 'owned' by me. Not since we abolished slavery, Leibeigenschaft, serfdom or any other bond.

(we are all living of 'other peoples money' in a way - that is our kind of economy. We are not living self-sufficient lives from the soil, but buying with money we get by providing some service or other to others) (sorry, my english is not good enough to explain better - but surly you understand, what I mean.)
Old 02-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I don't believe the author believes she is OURS, I think her point is that people like use, royal watchers, believe she is ours.

I think a small way each of us, myself included, is responsible for the media frenzy that surrounded Diana and now surrounds Kate. If we didn't care neither would the Berlesconi's of the world.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I live in the US, so Catherine & the rest of the BRF doesn't belong to me at all. I don't think that about any royal family, just because they are public figures. Yes, I do like to see pictures & read the articles that are published but if they aren't published, I'll live.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^I'm totally in agreement with you, 4Pam. I read about the royals and make comments here regarding them, but certainly don't have a vested interest in them. Life will go on no matter what they do (or don't do).
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Majesty

Prince William and Kate Middleton to encourage British artisic talent?-
Prince William and Kate Middleton to encourage British artisic talent? - Telegraph
Old 03-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Majesty

A good read from Robert Jobson:
Time For Younger Royals to Step Up and Support Queen-
https://mobile.twitter.com/theroyale...30134349611008