The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually these depictions aren't too bad considering they're made out of Play Doh. Whoever made these seem to know William's penchant for his blue suit eh?

Makes us realize just how big and widespread and important to the world the birth of Prince George of Cambridge was in 2013.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
She might have made headlines when a sprinkling of grey hairs were seen marring her glossy locks but that hasn't stopped the Duchess of Cambridge from being voted the UK's number one beauty icon for the third year in a row.

The 32-year-old royal saw off competition from TV favourite Holly Willoughby and Strictly Come Dancing champion Abbey Clancy to take the title, which was bestowed following a poll of 2000 British women.

Completing the top five were singer Beyonce and perennial favourite Cheryl Cole who remained popular despite adding an eye-catching tattoo to her posterior earlier this year.
Kate Middleton crowned top beauty icon of 2013: Duchess beats Abbey Clancy and Beyonce to claim title for third year running | Mail Online

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Has Prince William and Kate's dog Lupo been hounded out of royal household?
Has Prince William and Kate's dog Lupo been hounded out of royal household? | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 01-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

So William and Kate have gone with the Middletons in the past to Mustique for a winter holiday.

Hit me with a brick - will they go this year and will George go along?
Thanks to Skippyboo on the Staff of D and D of C thread for this reminder.

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

Ok, I'm confused - surely that's his own dog?? That's what Daily Mail have been claiming anyway.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
So William and Kate have gone with the Middletons in the past to Mustique for a winter holiday.

Hit me with a brick - will they go this year and will George go along?
Thanks to Skippyboo on the Staff of D and D of C thread for this reminder.
As William is on a 10 week course with (reportedly) 20 hours tuition a week, it would seem unlikely. If there is a "half term" for this type of course, then it is possible. Also it may be that Catherine and George go without William - but the flack that would go with that will be enormous.

I would say, on balance, that they won't.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

I don't understand the flak about them going to Mustique. It's an annual trip for her family just like the Queen goes to Scotland every August. I think because trip is in January and the royal calendar is pretty slow that people complain just to complain. Bea has been skiing and St. Bart's already this yr.

I can see Kate and George going without William if he can't go due to his course. His course may be flexible enough where he could fly out on Thursday and come back for Monday just sleep on the plane.

The dog story is ridiculous. There are photos of James and his dog and Kate with Lupo. They are the same type of dog. If William and/or Kate are not present- it is not Lupo.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Habit - there is always flak about them going to Mustique because "she doesn't do anything except go on holiday"

Anyway, the Queen would have to give permission, I think.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Courtier

I think most people that complain about this type of stuff are just plain jealous that they aren't royals and can't go..........they would never admit to such, yet their comments sure do say something to their character...........not so nice at all.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Ok, I'm confused - surely that's his own dog?? That's what Daily Mail have been claiming anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post

The dog story is ridiculous. There are photos of James and his dog and Kate with Lupo. They are the same type of dog. If William and/or Kate are not present- it is not Lupo.
Here's a picture of Catherine and James and both black cocker spaniels walking together. The two dogs are rumored to have been whelped from the same litter of the Middleton parent's dog.
Kate Middleton Walks Dog in Kensington Gardens : People.com
Old 01-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Nobility

"Hello" Canadian Edition Confused Too...

Hi Everyone,

I just saw the front cover of "Hello" magazine from Canada where, like the "Daily Mail" last year, it referred to the "Spring" tour of Australia W and K are making in April.

Doesn't anyone in the professional media in the Northern Hemisphere understand that the seasons reverse once you cross the equator.

W and K wil be in Oz in Autumn time - they'll have to come back in September/October/November if they're to have a spring tour.

(Though mind you, maybe Australia's autumn would seem like spring - or even summer - to the reporters from the UK and Canada! ).

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Just makes me wonder how much else they publish that isn't right. I still remember the "Daily Mail" headline from last February placing the Mustique holiday in the Mediterranean!)
Old 01-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Since the magazine is for Canada, April is spring for Canada. If the magazine is Australian, they should use fall.

It is the same if money is in the article. For example, if William and Kate attend a fundraiser, the UK papers are going to say the charity raised so many pounds. In the US, they are going to put the amount in US dollars even though it was raised in the UK
Old 01-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Since the magazine is for Canada, April is spring for Canada. If the magazine is Australian, they should use fall.

It is the same if money is in the article. For example, if William and Kate attend a fundraiser, the UK papers are going to say the charity raised so many pounds. In the US, they are going to put the amount in US dollars even though it was raised in the UK

Hi Skippyboo,

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

If they're expriencing one season while on tour, I can't see the point in reporting it as another season.

Let's hope W and K don't ever come to Australia in summer and work up a tan, and have the Northern Hemisphere media report on their "winter" tour.

Best Wishes,

Sun Lion.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

So the 2016 Summer Olympics which will be in August in Rio should really be the Winter Olympics? Since it is in the Southern Hemisphere. :)

Hello is referring more to when they are going not what season it is where they are going. Since Hello Canada would be read by Canadians April is Spring. If it said Fall tour of Australia, I would think they are going in Sept or Oct ( As a Northern Hemispherer)
However, if I am sitting in a park in Sydney reading Australian Women's Day or some other Aussie magazine and it said Fall tour. I am thinking April or May.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Forgot to add Skippyboo that I'm also probably being influenced by some of the comments in the "Daily Mail" article where the anti W and K brigade took the "Spring Tour" headline and seemed particularly resentful that after a disappointing UK summer and harsh winter, the Royal Couple were escaping for a spring jaunt - when in fact of course they'd be missing out on any delights of an English spring.

Best Wishes, Sun Lion.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well this is a way to make something out of nothing.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
So the 2016 Summer Olympics which will be in August in Rio should really be the Winter Olympics? Since it is in the Southern Hemisphere. :)

Hello is referring more to when they are going not what season it is where they are going. Since Hello Canada would be read by Canadians April is Spring. If it said Fall tour of Australia, I would think they are going in Sept or Oct ( As a Northern Hemispherer)
However, if I am sitting in a park in Sydney reading Australian Women's Day or some other Aussie magazine and it said Fall tour. I am thinking April or May.
Australian magazines wouldn't say 'fall' at all. We call that season 'autumn' not 'fall'.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the correction. I'm American so we tend to be Fall people. Hope you aren't baking too much with the heat in Australia.

You have to ignore the Daily Mail comment posters since they will be complaining that their tour will be another taxpayer paid vacation which we know it is not.

Hopefully Kate will do an engagement soon so we have something real to discuss.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 10m
Got an interesting exclusive in tomorrow's Daily Mail:how William & Kate have set up companies to protect their intellectual property rights

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 7m
The move will allow them to protect their image rights & even market products in their names (for charity of course).Harry has done the same

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6m
It must be stressed that the companies are dormant and there are no plans for them to do this any time soon.A precautionary move, palace say
Old 01-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Full story from the DM

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Kate and Wills, secretly set up companies to protect their brand | Mail Online

Couple of points:

- setting up a company is not a secret, it is a matter of public record
- they did it in 2012
- Harry has also done this but obviously doesn't fit in the headline
- This story feels familiar to me, but I dont know how to access older version of this
thread as there is no link on the 1st page. Does this ring any bells with anyone else?