The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Something tells me that granny will be babysitting that day.
Something tells me either the nanny will be babysitting or William's off on his own. I would never take a 2 month to a wedding.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Aristocracy

I don't see that happening. Too far to travel with such a young baby. I assume William will attend alone and then maybe when George is a little older he'll be taken to Anglesey. I think the only major trip in George's immediate future is to Balmoral so he can meet his Great-Grandfather.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

It sounds a bit far to take such a small baby for a day or two unless the family will be planning to stay an extra few days. I also doubt that the couple will take their baby to a wedding yet.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
It sounds a bit far to take such a small baby for a day or two unless the family will be planning to stay an extra few days. I also doubt that the couple will take their baby to a wedding yet.
Well, as far as I am concerned they can take the child where they like, provided it goes in a private car with firmly closed windows so that other travellers do not have to hear him screaming the place down as so orften happens when parents see fit to take their small, unruly children on holiday and consistently end up sitting either behind or in front of me on the plane/train/bus/coach/boat! Obviously if it actually was Prince George sitting behind me I wouldn't mind one bit!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Thats funny. :) I know how you feel though. Nothing like a screaming child or crying baby to listen to. I suppose if they want to take the baby, they will. Im not sure they would though, considering the little Prince is so young.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know much about babies but I didn't think that all babies were confined to home. I've seen babies out in cars, planes, trains, buggies etc. for years.

People need to travel and the fact is, at a very young age they need to be with their mother. Ergo, babies travel.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Majesty

He is a baby - a trip for a couple of hours in a car won't harm him, or them.

Crickey many parents in Australia take their babies those sorts of distances at his age as a matter of course e.g. my colleague who had a child in April has already taken said child to both South Africa and the UK and back again for the simple reason that neither set of grandparents can travel anymore due to age and one set is in South Africa and the other in London. They took a three week old and a two year old with no problems - the two year old has done the trip annually since birth so is quite used to it and helped with the baby in some ways by playing with it while mummy and daddy got things organised. Since the trip one grandmother has already passed away - but she did see both her grandsons only a week before she died.

George is no different and so if they wish to take him to Wales - a few hours drive, or to Balmoral, a bit of a longer drive or a flight, then so be it - he will be fine.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I don't know much about babies but I didn't think that all babies were confined to home. I've seen babies out in cars, planes, trains, buggies etc. for years.

People need to travel and the fact is, at a very young age they need to be with their mother. Ergo, babies travel.
Oh, absolutely, babies travel and go places all the time (especially when you consider that a lot of people can't necessarily afford a nanny or a babysitter and so, if the parents need to go somewhere, the child goes along). In general, it's absolutely fine, unless there's a particular health concern of some kind, I believe. I know I took my first plane flight when I was only a few weeks old (well, maybe 2 or 3 months) so that I was able to visit my father's family - my grandmother was too elderly to travel, and I believe it was the only time I got to see her before she died.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Courtier

Please, Kate, stop pretending you are 'normal'... get George a nanny! A passionate and provocative plea from a fellow mother | Mail Online

What point is she trying to make??
Old 08-11-2013, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Why should she get a nanny when she is on maternity leave? Surely she would like to take the time to spend and look after the little Prince when she can. Most likely she would get a part time or full time nanny depending how busy her agenda gets when she is back at work.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:00 AM
Nobility

She is very probably narrowing down her choices and putting out inquiries though.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Courtier

I don't know if this is the right place but fake Twitter Accounts: http://www.royalcentral.co.uk/sitene...-twitter-14174
Old 08-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

This made me chuckle. If true, this is a way to genuinely cut the paps off at the ankles.
Kate Middleton to choose Prince George family pictures as official portraits instead of formal photoshoot - Mirror Online

Remember how Catherine showed of her snaps of the trip last year. Something tells me they had already thought about the idea of these photos.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
This made me chuckle. If true, this is a way to genuinely cut the paps off at the ankles.
Kate Middleton to choose Prince George family pictures as official portraits instead of formal photoshoot - Mirror Online

Remember how Catherine showed of her snaps of the trip last year. Something tells me they had already thought about the idea of these photos.
If I remember right, Kate's always been avid about taking photos. I think this idea of William and Kate sharing their own family photos is so much better than a bazillion paps behind a barrier taking photos of a wee one put "on display".

I'm really looking forward to seeing these pictures.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

She can take photos of just George and William with George. He can take ones of her with the baby. You just need someone to take a photo of all three.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Courtier

Pippa or Carole? The article said the photos were taking while at her parents house
Old 08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Andrew dabbled in photography, did he not? Maybe Will asked him to take the family pictures, depending on how close they are.

I like the pictures that the DRF publishes if the CP's children that Mary takes herself, they seem to be better than the professional pictures. I can't wait to see the pictures of little George!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Majesty

Royal baby likely to be kept at arm's length from media by savvy parents:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will protect their child just as they have successfully protected themselves in past few years-
Royal baby likely to be kept at arm's length from media by savvy parents | Roy Greenslade | UK news | theguardian.com

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-01-2013, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by renauld View Post
Has Nico popped question to Pippa on romantic Mustique holiday? | Mail Online

Gossip I know but makes for amusing reading. Btw, I don't believe any of it.
Pippa has her own thread in the In The News section :)
Old 09-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Anglesey is beautiful.