General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So nice for the Queen to recognize the Duchess for the work she has done, and especially for her work in providing a happy home for William and the children. A royal life may look glamorous and easy, but I think it must be very stressful for many reasons. Kudos to the Cambridges for trying to "keep it real."

Its the DM but in this case its a usually reliable royal biographer. Not a random Mail hack. Angela Levin also writes for the Telegraph.

The palace never officially confirms the royal family order. The next time Kate is at an event that calls for the wearing of orders we will know for certain.

Kate will receive the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II – the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a female member of the family.

isn't it customary to give an order before the marriage? does it mean then that kate didn't receive any orders upon becoming duchess of cambridge?

Brides don't receive orders before the wedding. British orders are relatively hard to come by compared to other royal houses.

isn't it customary to give an order before the marriage? does it mean then that kate didn't receive any orders upon becoming duchess of cambridge?

The Royal Family Order is specifically at the discretion of the Queen and is an honor given solely to female family members. It is HM's way of acknowledging that the recipient is truly a part of the family and acknowledges their dedication to it.

As it is a private, family thing, it is never announced publicly.

Last edited:
Although the Order is a private family honor, I think it should be at least announced senior female members of the royal family has received it. That way, one don't have to wait for a person to show up to a special event to see if they have it or not.

Announcing or not is up to H.M. Buckingham Palace also do not announce who has or has not turned down awards. Honor Blackman, for instance let it slip that she had turned one down.

Although the Order is a private family honor, I think it should be at least announced senior female members of the royal family has received it. That way, one don't have to wait for a person to show up to a special event to see if they have it or not.

I agree with you. Is it possible to expect a event to see that it has received or not? Ok it is the private but again :ermm:

We will see in October if Kate as predicted goes to the Chinese State Dinner if she has it. A state dinner or the diplomatic reception, those would be the types of events that a RFO would be wore to.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree with you. Is it possible to expect a event to see that it has received or not? Ok it is the private but again :ermm:

Unless Kensington Palace acknowledges Catherine has received the honor, we won't know until Catherine is seen arriving at a State Banquet, Diplomatic Corps Reception or another special event wearing the Order.

The British royals are my favorite, but sometimes mystery stuff like this puzzles me.

Actually I find it nice that there are some things that still are private within the family. There are certain occasions too such as the Ghillies Ball the Queen holds and from what I know, it was started by Queen Victoria and it was an occasion to swap roles and just generally kick up a good party and that is always private.

As much as the BRF is in the limelight and public eye, they really must treasure those times when they can be totally private.

Actually I find it nice that there are some things that still are private within the family. There are certain occasions too such as the Ghillies Ball the Queen holds and from what I know, it was started by Queen Victoria and it was an occasion to swap roles and just generally kick up a good party and that is always private.

As much as the BRF is in the limelight and public eye, they really must treasure those times when they can be totally private.
I agree. And this way people don't count days. For ex. "Diana got hers 2 years and 56 days after marrige while sophie etc etc" People just get a general idea that somewhere between x and y it was given out.

The Ghillies ball has been filmed but yes there are occassion's when the Royal Family dance with staff. I suspect that they love their 'time off'.

Announcing or not is up to H.M. Buckingham Palace also do not announce who has or has not turned down awards. Honor Blackman, for instance let it slip that she had turned one down.

I think it was a CBE that Blackman turned down. The order only goes to family

Thanks for that, I was not meaning to imply that Honor was a family member:)

Hmm. I was about to agree with Dman, but you do have a point. It's probably good that they keep some things private - not only for the sake of the BRF members as individuals, but also because I do think it helps maintain a certain level of mystique that is important to how the monarchy is viewed. The fact that there are traditional family events that we know about, but never (or rarely) see just makes it a bit more intriguing. At the same time, it can make things a bit frustrating. I mean, I certainly wouldn't mind if they released more pictures from state dinners and that sort of thing (on the few occasions the BRF get all gussied up and put on their tiaras, we usually don't get to see it!)

I do think it would be nice if it was formally announced when private Orders are given, but then I can see that there's something fun in finding out by actually seeing it (that is, if we're actually given a good glimpse of the occasion!)

They are regarded as formal state occassion's on behalf of the country.

The Duchess of Cambridge is being reported as having spent her summer creating pencil sketches of little George and baby Charlotte.

Journalist Charlotte Griffiths has details - including that the Duchess has had to resort to photos because, obviously, Prince George has a lot of things to do and can't just sit around being drawn. :lol:

Last edited:
How do we know that is Kate? It isn't a very good picture.

How do we know that is Kate? It isn't a very good picture.

Well, IMO she is Kate. And several blogs and forums reported that Kate was with him, but didn't attend the rugby match. And to be honest, she has the same hair, same body and same facial features of Kate. Who can she be? A stranger brunette sitting next to William?

Edit: It has been told she is not Kate. From Twitter:
"I've been reliably told it was not Kate who was photographed in Cardiff yesterday. (with thanks to @RE_DailyMail)

There are comments saying those are 2 lookalike... LOL

Last edited:
It didn't make sense for "Kate" to go to Cardiff and not go to William's events. She is part of the Royal Foundation and went to 2 different coach core launches plus several rugby matches in Cardiff with Wills.

Was that even William? What are the chances it was those Kate and William impersonators?

Wow, that's just silly! Why would they do that?!

I'm not 100% sure they are the lookalike but William doesn't look like William. Anyway, for money and attetion I think. Don't forget the stunt they set up during the great kate wait, when they were misunderstood (for few momements) for William and Kate entering the hospital.:lol:

I'm not 100% sure they are the lookalike but William doesn't look like William. Anyway, for money and attetion I think. Don't forget the stunt they set up during the great kate wait, when they were misunderstood (for few momements) for William and Kate entering the hospital.:lol:
Yeah, but those I can kind of understand... kindof in a way at least... but I mean... what would be the reason for being in that car?

Maybe they were hired for one of the luxury suite advertiser parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom