General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a grand total of 1 days work (probably not even that).He's 31, left the military, taking a year off and is considering his options. How do you think that looks to a member of the general public?

He's done more than the investitures and meeting with the South Korean president. Those were just examples. He's had engagements, and he's now in a land management class.

And honestly, I think members of the general public who don't follow the Royals as closely as we do (I believe the majority of them don't), haven't got a clue what William or Kate does or doesn't do except the few occasions they see or hear about them on the news ... and probably couldn't care less.

Well, I'm a Brit and I do care. I have supported these 2 and I still do but I don't believe in following blindly. I can see problems and I've said my piece. IMO they are heading for trouble in the UK. How they are viewed outside of the 16 realms is not an issue.

Some media outlets are already starting to mention that this merging of communications teams is a power play by Charles jealous of his son's and Kate's popularity.
Remember Charles being jealous of the attention Diana received, well if the notion Charles is taking punitive action against his own sons and daughter-in-law gains traction,he may as well take the first rocket to the moon because his days as King will be doomed.
Charles seems to be a through-back to the divine right of kings. He believes he should be the centre of attention and repsect for no other reason than he is who he is.

You can't believe everything you read in the media, as everyone well knows, especially when it's to their advantage to put a certain spin on things and rile up the public. Just because the media wants to push buttons by saying Charles is jealous of his son and DIL doesn't mean it's true. And give me a break with playing the hackneyed Diana card. I think Charles has what it takes to be a very effective king; he's certainly put his time waiting to very good use. It doesn't seem to me that his actions are driven by jealousy and it's unfair to say that his days as king will be doomed. I think it's very effective and cohesive to merge the communications teams together for better PR control and output of news, and I'm actually fascinated to see how the new look of the monarchy is evolving. If Charles wants to bring back the mystique of royalty by starting to implement changes, good for him. Personally, I'd love to see more of the Queen's mystique, dignity and reticence continue on in his reign.

Last edited:
Well, I'm a Brit and I do care. I have supported these 2 and I still do but I don't believe in following blindly. I can see problems and I've said my piece. IMO they are heading for trouble in the UK. How they are viewed outside of the 16 realms is not an issue.

I care, too. But we're here as followers of the Royals. You mentioned members of the general public, and that's who I was referring to. I'm sure those people exist in the UK as well as the US or any other country, the ones who don't follow everything that William or Kate or Harry or any other Royal does on a day-to-day basis ... the man on the street, the next-door neighbor, the guy we bump into at the supermarket.

Some media outlets are already starting to mention that this merging of communications teams is a power play by Charles jealous of his son's and Kate's popularity.

Which media outlets? From what I have observed the Prince of Wales seems to be genuinely fond of Kate and I have not seen anything reliable to suggest he is jealous of William.

Which media outlets? From what I have observed the Prince of Wales seems to be genuinely fond of Kate and I have not seen anything reliable to suggest he is jealous of William.

It was in the Yahoo feed a couple of days ago. It was garbage so I didn't post the link. But it was incendiary. I'll post it if I can find it.

It was in the Yahoo feed a couple of days ago. It was garbage so I didn't post the link. But it was incendiary. I'll post it if I can find it.

Unless it was a reliable article with appropriately referenced sources (rather than the anonymous kind) don't worry. Thanks all the same.

Well all I can say is, if the KP crew's PR comes under the BP umbrella, it can only be for the better. The way Prince William's leaving the RAF and what he is going to do now is a disaster and has been handled with all the finesse of a brick through a window. We are all left wondering . . . a gap year? Hasn't he already had one? Does he intend to stay home and wash the dishes or maybe have a shot at the gardens?

And as for Harry's leaving the Army Air Corp . . . it couldn't have been handled in a more ham fisted way if they had actually planned it. Hooray Harry's bored with not being able to kill people any more so we'll send him back to the Blues and Royals . . . but they aren't exactly keen . . . I know! A desk job. How utterly perfect, there's nobody better equipped to polish a chair! Not.

Don't get me wrong, I do not actually believe that, but speculation thrives in a vacuum and that is what the Prince's PR team have created. A decent PR team could have managed both transitions almost seamlessly and, would have put a positive spin on both situations and not left us thinking they haven't really got a clue and are making it up as they go.

Oh yeah, The Mirror is already saying he left flying so he can spend more time with his girlfriend! :bang:

I agree. If anything I believe that Charles doesn't want his sons and daughter-in-law to face the OTT media obsession that he and his late wife dealt with in the 80's and 90's .

If I may synopsise and editorialise events:

1. announcement in respectable media - Telegraph and the like - all THREE press offices being merged into one at BP under leadership of Charles current person because The Queen's has left to go elsewhere

2. day or so later lesser media pick up story - DM etc - and run with the merging of CH and BP so that Charles is 'moving a step closer to being King' (being one heartbeat away for over 60 years seems pretty close to me and I don't how much closer he can get without actually being king but...)

3. week or so later the garbage media - CelebrityDirtyLaundry for one - run with the merging of KP into the other two as an extra step and a sign of Charles taking over and being jealous of his son and daughter-in-law's popularity and doesn't like the type of coverage they are getting.

Moral of this post - read carefully both the content and the source - what is the agenda of the outlet.

It was said right from the get-go that the three offices were to merge but as that didn't allow the Charles attackers enough ammunition they had to make out that it was initially just BP and CH and that then Charles, unilaterally, decided to take over KP as well.

Probably, while at Sandringham or elsewhere, the three major principals - The Queen, The Prince of Wales and The Duke of Cambridge - sat down and discussed the matter before making this decision.

There may be some truth in Charles wanting to be more controlling but given the way the PR has been handled around William and Harry and their recent moves that may not be a bad thing.

Last edited:
Osipi: Sarah is not royal. She ceased being a royal when her divorce from Andrew was finalized. Its a common misconception though to most as she still is allowed to use the courtesy style of Sarah, Duchess of York. :ermm:

I always thought that she was royal because she is still the Duchess of York and seems to be treated as such around the world, every where she goes she is labeled the Sarah Duchess of York.......thank you, learnt something new. I realize that in the last decade her life has not been a bowl of cherries yet she has made her life what it is, no one pours booze down her throat or makes her go on a huge shopping spree till she is broke, Sarah really needs to stop clinging to her former life and start standing on her own 2 feet, Yes she has tried and she has let her emotions control her decision making process which has made her what she is today, that is really sad for she at one time had a great future ahead of her, something little girls dream of and some times big girls also have the dreams of not just a prince but a guy who loved her like Andrew loved her and I believe still does deep down.

Osipi: Sarah is not royal. She ceased being a royal when her divorce from Andrew was finalized. Its a common misconception though to most as she still is allowed to use the courtesy style of Sarah, Duchess of York. :ermm:

I always thought that she was royal because she is still the Duchess of York and seems to be treated as such around the world, every where she goes she is labeled the Sarah Duchess of York.......thank you, learnt something new. I realize that in the last decade her life has not been a bowl of cherries yet she has made her life what it is, no one pours booze down her throat or makes her go on a huge shopping spree till she is broke, Sarah really needs to stop clinging to her former life and start standing on her own 2 feet, Yes she has tried and she has let her emotions control her decision making process which has made her what she is today, that is really sad for she at one time had a great future ahead of her, something little girls dream of and some times big girls also have the dreams of not just a prince but a guy who loved her like Andrew loved her and I believe still does deep down.

Mods: Could we please move this discussion to the appropriate thread for Sarah?

Whenever you see a female addressed with their first name followed by a title such as Sarah, Duchess of York or Diana, Princess of Wales it denotes a divorced wife of a peer. Its usually the only time a female's given name will be used. Took me a while to grasp that concept myself. This is why Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge would be wrong and The Duchess of Cambridge correct.

When I think of Sarah, what immediately comes to mind are the words spontaneous, flibbertygibbet, big hearted and open. She has a good soul but has no concept of planning for the future or thinking ahead sometimes. She's a good poster child for the expression "If it feels good, do it!". I don't think she ever intentionally meant to cause havoc in her life but it happened and she's been very lucky to still have Andrew to catch her when she falls. One thing she has never done is stated anything to malign or denigrate the Queen or any of the BRF though and I don't think she ever wanted to or meant to bring disgrace on the family.

She's been doing good things lately. Perhaps she's hit her stride in life. I hope so.

Last edited:
William remained in London for his course. Apparently Kate travelled to Mustique with the Middletons and George.

But she does make headline when she is out working. You are always critical of what she is wearing at each of her appearance.

Last edited:
The headlines of her working is coming because the royals really start back working this month. The official and ceremonial year is about to begin.

Prince George is enjoying his first foreign holiday after flying out with his mother the Duchess of Cambridge to the Caribbean.

Kate and her son joined the rest of the Middleton clan on their annual jaunt to the isle of Mustique, leaving her husband Prince William studying in Cambridge.

Six-month-old George travelled with the family and three royal bodyguards on a scheduled 747 Jumbo jet last weekend and was said to have behaved impeccably during the 8,500-mile flight.

Duchess of Cambridge takes Prince George to Caribbean whilst Prince William stays at home | Mail Online

Its time that she makes headlines because she's working.

I really am not overly surprised that Kate and George went to Mustique with her family. Its something they do every year as a family and I would imagine that if the Middletons were renting out the place, they probably also paid for Kate and George's airfare. Its a family tradition and its obvious that this close family stays together.

Kate will be making the press when she returns as she has an engagement on the 14th.

I really am not overly surprised that Kate and George went to Mustique with her family. Its something they do every year as a family and I would imagine that if the Middletons were renting out the place, they probably also paid for Kate and George's airfare. Its a family tradition and its obvious that this close family stays together.

Kate will be making the press when she returns as she has an engagement on the 14th.

And an earlier one at the National Portrait Gallery on 2/11//14. :)

And an earlier one at the National Portrait Gallery on 2/11//14. :)

That's the one I meant. Seems I have my dates confused these days.

It would be nice if Catherine took some historic jewels on this trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom