General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say my thoughts are too with the Cambridges during this New Year Season. I hope Catherine's sickness will just ease away so she can go on to have a beautiful pregnancy in the New Year.

I also thought the idea of her not being titled Queen in the future is a slap in her face and William's face. This young lady deserves to be called William's Queen Consort.

Kate Middleton as you have never seen her before: Duchess of Cambridge is portrayed in jelly beans, Marmite and Lego | Mail Online
The first official portrait of the Duchess of Cambridge will be unveiled any day now.
The painter believed to have created the picture, which will hang in the National Portrait Gallery, is Paul Emsley, a 65-year-old Wiltshire artist famed for his extrordinarily realistic, almost photographic, portraits.
With Emsley’s picture likely to divide opinion — art critic Brian Sewell has branded his work ‘sickening’ — the Mail commissioned eight artists, from a four-year-old with a box of crayons to a fine artist with a jar of Marmite, to present Kate as you’ve never seen her before.

I really like the one done with the jelly beans the best. Its perfectly Kate even down to the sparkle in her eyes.

I can't wait to see Catherine's first official portrait.

This article is mostly about Diana's work with landmines but I enjoyed the mention of Kate

Now Sandra is a married mother of three – and dreams that one day Prince William’s wife will carry on his mother’s good work.
She said: ‘Princess Diana helped our country. It is a much safer place thanks to her. I would like to meet “Princess Kate”. I have heard that she is doing a lot of charity work and I think she must continue what Princess Diana started. She should come to Angola.’ Sandra, who watched Kate’s wedding to Prince William on the internet and was delighted by news of her pregnancy
Pictured 16 years on: The brave girl Sandra Tigica who won Diana's heart after losing leg in an Angolan landmine blast | Mail Online

I'm just curious are royals allowed to become patrons of anti landmine campaigns? I'm just wondering because I remember Diana got alot of flack for it back in the day. I remember reading something about her melding in politics by supporting it.

This article is mostly about Diana's work with landmines but I enjoyed the mention of Kate

Pictured 16 years on: The brave girl Sandra Tigica who won Diana's heart after losing leg in an Angolan landmine blast | Mail Online

I'm just curious are royals allowed to become patrons of anti landmine campaigns? I'm just wondering because I remember Diana got alot of flack for it back in the day. I remember reading something about her melding in politics by supporting it.
Thank you for posting :flowers:

The Himalayan Times : From an ordinary girl to Duchess - Detail News : Nepal News Portal
Kate came from a working-class stock of coal miners and builders. Her maternal grandmother, Dorothy Goldsmith, became the first member of the family to attempt to improve the family’s social and economic status. She pushed her children to aim high and, as such, Kate’s mother became an airline hostess.
By the time Kate was born, her mother was already looking for new ways to climb the social ladder. In 1987, Kate’s mother founded her own mail-order party goods company, with ambitions of sending her children to private schools. The business was a surprise success, making the Middleton family multi-millionaires.

The Union flag will be flown with pride along the Shankill and throughout Ulster. For God and Ulster!

I think there are church bells rung on royal birthdays on one of the estates too. I think it's at Sandringham.

I think its neat that there is such a salute to Kate on her birthday. Isn't there a special 21 gun salute or something similar that is done when a heir to the throne is born?

Also learned something new today. If one posts several posts with related links instead of editing and adding to one post, one only gets 1 more post to their credit. This old goat learns something new every day. :D

Yeah, I think when the baby is born there will be a 21+ gun salute.

Kate Middleton was spotted today in Pret A Manger in London

Source Twitter
@maisiewillis
@norachou

Eliza Walker@elizarosewalker
Just saw Kate Middleton in south ken #greatspot #whatababe

She was spotted shopping on Kings Road.

Hannah Kay@HannahKayGR
Serving Kate Middleton was crazy #beauty

Caryse M@Brwneyegirl25
Looks like Kate was in Gap today!!

Last edited:
Some journalism really take idiocy to perfection.

I expected worse. It was an innocuous fluff piece compiling all the polls Kate's topped this year. Not that big a deal and hardly the dumbest thing I've seen the press do today.

I've a question. If Northern Ireland (the Loyalist) has a problem with observing flag days of their realm, what do they want to accomplish? Become a commonwealth nation of their own, join the Republic of Ireland or are they just being tempermental and call it Pictland or something?
The Loyalists doesn't have any problems with observing flag days, what they protest against is the fact that the British flag is no longer on display at the Belfast City Hall permanently. The Loyalists are those in Northern Ireland who wants to be a part of the U.K.

Her next public engagement is on 17 March 2013, for the Irish Guards. Whether she turns up for this who knows?
She is clearly not bothered what the public think. She never really worked before she married anyway. I admire Chelsy for at least doing some work. Kate is just being overly pampered. And making excuses all the time.

I think her worst enemy will be indifference by the public towards her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom