The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2016, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

This is from the New Idea magazine in Australia (the one that caused Harry's first tour of duty in Afghanistan to be cut short.) I'm posting it because I'm curious to know where they sourced this story from, and I've a faint idea (not the DM or British tabloids, I think.)

Wills' fury! Kate's day out with a flirty friend - New Idea

Old 05-31-2016, 11:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I half agree with William Hanson, the bloke in the (History Girl's link) to the article about normality and royals, that it is a problem, not just in the BRF but with younger royals elsewhere. Sometimes I agree with Duc when he says on other threads that younger people will increasingly look at royal families and say 'Well, you're just like us. Why are we giving you all this money/privilege/respect...?'

Old 06-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royalty have always been normal people, but with titles, privileges and money. One can't expect the royals to act like the royals of the past. The younger royals are brought up in a modern age. If they acted too high and mighty, everyone would accuse them of living on a different planet.

I think the person who wrote those comments have been watching too many seasons of Game of Thrones.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-01-2016, 12:10 AM
Aristocracy

True. It requires a balance. Both extremes would be detrimental to the monarchy. If they can't find that balance, then trouble may arise in the future. However, at the moment, I don't truly see any real problem.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
This is from the New Idea magazine in Australia (the one that caused Harry's first tour of duty in Afghanistan to be cut short.) I'm posting it because I'm curious to know where they sourced this story from, and I've a faint idea (not the DM or British tabloids, I think.)

Wills' fury! Kate's day out with a flirty friend - New Idea

Poor Nicole she really cops it from these trashy mags either getting divorced or having twins every week Anyway sorry back to the topic he's a good looking man so I guess they can make up any amount of rubbish from a couple of snaps.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-27-2016, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Is it confirmed that The Duchess will attend Wimbledon this year, if so, which days?
Old 06-27-2016, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Is it confirmed that The Duchess will attend Wimbledon this year, if so, which days?
Nothing has been made public or confirmed.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:04 AM
Commoner

Ellen DeGeneres wants to start hanging out with the Duchess
Ellen DeGeneres wants to hang out with cousin Kate Middleton
Old 08-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

A different Duchess!!!

https://t.co/vr8dDXuwni
Old 08-12-2016, 04:47 AM
Courtier

Quite remarkable! thanks, eya
Old 08-17-2016, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

From Hotels.com

Kate Middleton is the person most US tourists want to meet!
Old 08-18-2016, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton tops 'most stylish woman' poll ahead of Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid
Old 09-10-2016, 04:03 AM
Heir Apparent

It’s Been Five Years, Why Do We Still Call the Duchess of Cambridge “Kate Middleton?" | Vanity Fair
Old 09-14-2016, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Her wardrobe isn't exactly cutting edge but when it comes to style icons, Kate Middleton is the fashionista women in the UK most want to emulate.

The FROW (Fashion Front Row) at London Fashion Week, which kicks off on Monday, will see a stream of celebrities taking a pew, clad in the latest designer gear.

However, according to new research, the likes of Suki Waterhouse and Cara Delevingne are not a patch on the Duchess of Cambridge when it comes to influencing the masses about what to wear.
Read more: Kate Middleton voted UK's most influential style icon ahead of London Fashion Week | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Vogue editor Alexandra Shulma kept kate Middleton cover a secret for four months | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton's Vogue cover was not top selling of the year | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton to be played by Charlotte Riley in upcoming drama
Old 11-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Courtier

So I learned earlier this week - from a British celebrity who sat next to her at a wedding - that the Duchess of Cambridge does indeed eat lamb chops.

But, not too much.

Catherine offered to swap with this chap, when her's was three times bigger than his.

And now I've learnt - from Mrs Obama's makeup artist - that the Duchess recommended a natural botox-like product to the First Lady of the US.

And Michelle is using it regularly to great effect.

"Daily Mail/Mail Online" has the details.

And maybe I need to get out more now the weather is getting better.

But I do like these little snippets just the same.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Elsewhere on a Duke of Cambridge thread, he's been called out for saying she's a wonderful mother and there is some discussion of that. Since I want to comment on her, I'm putting this here.
One way I assess the wonderfullness of any parent, is their ability to deal in a practical and expeditious way with the various fluids that come out of their children. It's a sign that, as a parent, you are up close and personal to the everyday bits of raising your little persons.
We've seen Catherine use expensive frocks and her own hand to wipe away the drool and nose dribble of the Cambridge kids. A woman who leaves the care and maintenance of her children entirely in the hands of her nanny and housekeeper would not do that.
She may have help, but every time I have seen her with the children she has appeared to me to be a completely hands on Mom who does not call "Nanny" ever time a child requires attention. You can be both hands on and have help, it's not an either/or situation.
There are no perfect Moms, and I am sure Catherine is not ideal. But I am equally sure that when she is not working, she is there with her kids and their needs.
Thanks for allowing me to get that off my chest.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

One sing that shows how George and Charlotte are taken care of thier mother is ther stretching their arms to Kate, how the looked for her in every public situation we have seen. That speaks volumes imo.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family