The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-22-2016, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've edited and moved a number of posts. Please remember that this thread is for general news and information for the Duchess of Cambridge. If you wish to discuss her fashion choices, you can do so in her fashion thread. Posts regarding the Cambridges’ popularity/press coverage have been moved to the Royal Family Media thread. Posts discussing how many engagements William and Catherine should do, have been moved to William and Catherine: future duties, roles and responsibilities.

As has previously been posted by a moderator, the discussion about Catherine and the St. Patrick's Day parade is just going around in circles. By now everyone has said their piece and it is time we move on.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've just found these by accident:
The Duchess of Cambridge's photographs of the rainforests of Borneo - Telegraph

Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

They released those on their website after the South Asian tour. They are probably still on their website somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Duchess of Cambridge is distantly related to Irish singer Chris de Burgh

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton related to Irish singer Chris de Burgh - IrishCentral.com
Old 04-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Gentry

That book reads like fan fiction. Bad fan fiction at that. The teenage girls on tumblr can come up with better stories than that.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:35 PM
Gentry

Seriously DM?

I'm not always a fan of Kate but she has always conducted herself with grace and this is beyond words.....
Old 04-22-2016, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soula View Post
Seriously DM?

I'm not always a fan of Kate but she has always conducted herself with grace and this is beyond words.....
But what if it's true?
Old 04-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
But what if it's true?
Then I'd want to know why the heck someone was bothering to keep count, if this was such a regular thing.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:04 AM
Aristocracy

Jessica Hay needed some cash, I would imagine, and felt it sounded better with a specific number of times attached.

There's so much that's painfully off in that article including things that are obviously untrue (there's no way that dress was floor length as a skirt, for example). If you're going to embellish that way, it calls into question everything you say.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:06 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
How sexy Kate Middleton flashed her nude bum to male students who passed her second-story dorm window '90 TIMES' and earned moniker 'Kate Middlebum' revealed in new book | Daily Mail Online

Seriously DM?

Quote:
But what if it's true?
Do you really think that it would have remained unknown until now if it were true?

I'm sure the press has dredged through her past with a fine tooth-comb many times over the years and this has only been 'revealed' to this one author now?
Old 04-23-2016, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Then I'd want to know why the heck someone was bothering to keep count, if this was such a regular thing.
Now that is a fair point, and a good question. Perhaps they couldn't believe she was doing it so much and decided to keep count. Teenagers do strange things. While one does the mooning, another one keeps count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soula View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
How sexy Kate Middleton flashed her nude bum to male students who passed her second-story dorm window '90 TIMES' and earned moniker 'Kate Middlebum' revealed in new book | Daily Mail Online

Seriously DM?

Do you really think that it would have remained unknown until now if it were true?

I'm sure the press has dredged through her past with a fine tooth-comb many times over the years and this has only been 'revealed' to this one author now?
It's not remained unknown until now. Just google "Kate Middleton mooning" and you'll find lots of references. In 2012 James Whitaker reported about her going through a phase of doing it, and I've read about it elsewhere, too.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:29 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sometimes I think I have to log out and log in again to be sure I'm at The Royal Forums and not some trashy, gossipy, inflammatory postings of articles just to make a sensation or because a royal's name happens to be in the headlines or someone wants to up their posting numbers and will post just about anything regardless of its content.

It is seriously bringing down to a low level a forum that used to be well respected and informative place to gather and discuss things. Now its getting to be no better than the tabloids these articles are coming from.

Sad. Very sad.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-23-2016, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Jessica Hay needed some cash, I would imagine, and felt it sounded better with a specific number of times attached.

There's so much that's painfully off in that article including things that are obviously untrue (there's no way that dress was floor length as a skirt, for example). If you're going to embellish that way, it calls into question everything you say.

Here's an article by the designer in which she confirms it was made as a skirt but Kate wore it as a dress.

Kate Middleton's £30 see-through dress that caught a prince | Metro News
Old 04-23-2016, 12:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
So is reading what someone actually wrote:

"there's no way that dress was floor length as a skirt"

Nothing in that phrase implies that it wasn't a skirt, just that, as a skirt, it clearly would not be floor length.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Sometimes I think I have to log out and log in again to be sure I'm at The Royal Forums and not some trashy, gossipy, inflammatory postings of articles just to make a sensation or because a royal's name happens to be in the headlines or someone wants to up their posting numbers and will post just about anything regardless of its content.

It is seriously bringing down to a low level a forum that used to be well respected and informative place to gather and discuss things. Now its getting to be no better than the tabloids these articles are coming from.

Sad. Very sad.
I think it is sad that some people either do not want to admit and/or do not want to face the truth about some of the royals' behaviour, and only want to read a sanitised, whitewashed, account. This is a discussion forum, not a fan club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
So is reading what someone actually wrote:

"there's no way that dress was floor length as a skirt"

Nothing in that phrase implies that it wasn't a skirt, just that, as a skirt, it clearly would not be floor length.
Good catch. You've got me there. It would only have been mid-calf length.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I have read that before, and remember the original info came from a school mate at Marlborough. To be fair, this girl didn't say Kate was constantly doing it and it appeared to be a joke among her group of friends, just the sort of thing very silly young schoolgirls can sometimes get up to.

Having said that, if the source of information for the DM is the book 'Game of Crowns' that I recently purchased but, except for the first few pages, haven't yet read, then I'm not impressed with the author's work. He seems to have got several of his stories from British tabloids, so it's a case of cross-pollination!
Old 04-23-2016, 04:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I have read that before, and remember the original info came from a school mate at Marlborough. To be fair, this girl didn't say Kate was constantly doing it and it appeared to be a joke among her group of friends, just the sort of thing very silly young schoolgirls can sometimes get up to.

Having said that, if the source of information for the DM is the book 'Game of Crowns' that I recently purchased but, except for the first few pages, haven't yet read, then I'm not impressed with the author's work. He seems to have got several of his stories from British tabloids, so it's a case of cross-pollination!

Might explain why she doesn't put weights in her dresses 😉😳

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-23-2016, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm surprised it took so long for that comment to be made. It's what a racegoer would call "having form".
Old 04-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Sad. Very sad.
My sentiments exactly.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family