General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi guys, I have one question to you guys, what is the agenda of Will and Kate now that they returned Dasu Tour, what are the new appointments?

I hope Kate gains 10lbs soon as this is becoming a sick and twisted game on the internet and in the papers.

More on the wieght loss....

http://www.twirlit.com/2011/07/14/kate-middleton-weight-loss-and-diet-is-she-too-skinny/

“Every little girl at one time wants to be a princess, and these images will not only reach teenagers but middle and elementary schoolers,” said Jill M. Pollack, director of the Center for the Study of Anorexia and Bulimia. She has been treating patients suffering from eating disorders for over 20 years. “To have the Middleton sisters [on pro-ana sites] isoh my God, a disaster waiting to happen.”

Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, and her sister, Pippa, have become the target of pro-anorexia sites seeking "thinspiration" from celebs.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43755965/ns/today-today_health/

The news papers are not the only ones making a buck off Kate

Kate Middleton's old car expected to fetch £30,000 on eBay | Mail Online

Last edited:
:previous: Whilst I agree that it is sick and twisted I find the alarming part is that they didn't have to photo-shop the photo's.

Catherine really has lost a lot of weight. I think she is one of the unfortunate ones that have to watch their weight or they lose it . . . . big time.

I hope their sojourn in Anglesey brings health, happiness, kilos and kids, in that order.

Actually I think the happiness bit seems well and truly taken care of, so that's one down!

According to the Palace, the two will be taking things easy in the lead-up to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. This means very few appearances.

The Jubilee, IMO, will overshadow anything the BRF has pulled out of the hat so far.

Unfortunately there always people who get their moments of fame by taking on some ridiculous issue. Just because Catherine has lost weight does not mean that she carries the responsibility for all those anorexics and bulimics (or potential one) out in the world. The far greater issue in the western world today is gross over weight among children and adults, why is no one addressing that issue so enthrusiastically?

This is truly expecting someone to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders (pardon the pun).

Why does British media continue their destructive intrusion into the lives of the royal family?? The Duchess must love him very, very much in order to put up with all this. I do hope that she will take her inspiration from the likes of Maxima, Mathilde and Mette-Marit and just be who she is, in the size she is comfortable in and love her husband. That is after all the most important thing.
William have seen enough tragedy to last him a life time

Kate and Pippa Middleton: Two plain janes ruling the beauty & fashion heap

I personally think Kate is quite pretty and most an ordinary girl. What do you think about this article?

It is a funny article. The writer has a great wit.

The whole phenomenon of being drawn to look at someone regardless of who else is around has everything to do with 'image' and less to do with charisma and beauty. Its the trick of the camera.

But genuine charisma is quite something else when you confront it.

Beauty is totally subjective. Lets look at her list -

Pippa and Kate Middleton are not ugly women. But neither are they beautiful in the true sense of the word.

I think I agree with her on this. Kate is comfortable looking. Pippa has to pay close attention to presentation - as do we all. As does every model.

You want beauty? Nicole Kidman. Angelina Jolie. Halle Berry. Charlize Theron.

Now here we go - totally subjective. No way Nicole Kidman or Angelina Jolie. Halle Berry - YES! Charlize Theron - YES!

Jennifer Aniston is only attractive and Emma Watson pixie-like.

Is she kidding? Jennifer Aniston turns heads and Emma Watson is gorgeous!

Julia Roberts is only magical

What? :ermm:

Meryl Streep is a classic.

This is a cop out.

It doesn't matter. Both Pippa and Kate may be rich and well-connected, but there's no arguing the fact that they're also plain-looking women, period.

I think this is going a little too far - take anybody's picture on a bad day and they will not look drop-dead gorgeous - but both these ladies clean up very nicely.

I would say the reason that she is not overwhelmed by Kate is because while Kate is doing a fair enough job at the PR she has yet to really be comfortable with it - and that tension manifests. She may be more drawn to William because he is comfortable with his role at this point. What we see as compelling has so many more reasons behind it than 'beauty'. Liking Diana so liking her son, etc., while for others Kate will never be 'beautiful' because not aristocratic. Like that. That's what I think.

Its a funny article, though.

Last edited:
The article was clever, but the comments were pretty appalling, mostly directed to each other. I tend to stay away from boards like that.

I have a feeling Kate probably did quite well in this training due to her physical stamina from her sports activities and her confidence/level-headedness. For someone in her position, it's an advantage to know how to protect oneself in this volatile world. Actually, it's good for anyone to know a few skills, too!

Last edited:
Good for her! If heaven forbid, something like this did occur, she would be able to proactive, rather than reactive, which will make her feel empowered and give her a semblance of some sort of control in the situation. It doesn't hurt to know how to shoot a gun in today's world, because the amount of crazies and wackos with sick and twisted ideas are not exactly dropping.

It's always good for both women and men to learn self defense. With all the craziness in the world it's good to have some knowledge of protecting yourself.

Catherine is featured in a competitive princessing article in this months Tatler, she's up against Tatiana, Rania and MC. Basically it creates an 'olympics' where the tests are fashion, make up and breeding. Unfortunately no results are given. ;)

New Zealand has three main women's magazines; this week all feature Kate. Take your pick, in one she is:

"Sad and Lonely!"

in another she's living in:

"Domestic Bliss!"

and the third says she's:

"Pregnant Already!"

New Zealand has three main women's magazines; this week all feature Kate. Take your pick, in one she is:

"Sad and Lonely!"

in another she's living in:

"Domestic Bliss!"

and the third says she's:

"Pregnant Already!"

lol! I could say the same thing of our magazines!

£375 for Jeremy Clarkson, £655 for JK Rowling: the private eye's lucrative trade - Crime, UK - The Independent

Whittamore was asked to obtain confidential information on the Duchess of Cambridge in April 2002, when she was known simply as Kate Middleton, a 20-year-old student at St Andrews University who had been linked with her fellow student Prince William. The "yellow book" file, one of four colour-coded A4 books kept by Whittamore detailing his business dealings with journalists, reveals that the private eye was given her mobile phone number and asked to locate her family home. He was then required to provide the "Family & Friends" numbers for the Middleton home address in Berkshire and returned with 10 numbers. He charged £500 per number to obtain, using those details, the names and addresses of the family's close circle. The book then records separate inquiries for "Catherine Middleton" and her 18-year-old sister Philippa, known as Pippa. Both jobs are listed as separate Family & Friends searches, presumably made on their mobile numbers. Some of the work was recorded in the files as being carried out by one of Whittamore's associates, a former Hells Angel based on the South Coast.
At the time, Kate Middleton had just come on to the media's radar after appearing at a university charity fashion show in a sheer dress that revealed her underwear. Prince William, who attended the fashion show, had previously played tennis with his fellow student and speculation focused on his future living arrangements. In total, the operation to target the Middleton sisters would have involved more than 50 breaches of the Data Protection Act 1998, Section 55, which covers the unlawful disclosure, procurement and selling of personal information contained within a database. Each time a number is passed on or converted, another breach of the law is committed. To justify its actions, a newspaper would have to demonstrate that its inquiries were in the public interest.
Whittamore was also hired to conduct something he listed as the "Hen & Stag Blag" ahead of the marriage of Prince Edward to Sophie Rhys-Jones in 1999. The luxury Lanesborough Hotel near Hyde Park, which hosted both the hen and the stag party, was targeted by the private investigator to obtain details of the events. A report later emerged comparing the two parties and giving details of guests, cocktails and canapés.

Awarded membership in QEII's Family Order?

Hi, I just happen to take a look at the Wikipedia page regarding The Queen's Family Order (Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and to my surprise, the Duchess of Cambridge was listed as a member, although with no cite given. While I do expect her to eventually become member of the Family Order, I had thought it wouldn't happen for a bit longer. Does anyone know anything about this? I know this isn't announced or anything like that and the only way we know is by looking at pictures where evening gowns and decorations are required, and I'm not sure if they've had such events since she got married.

So does anyone know about this, or is it a mistake on the Wikipedia's part?

Honestly, I would think twice about anything cited on Wikipedia and won't believe it until Kate shows up at a formal occasion wearing the order. To my knowledge, there are no formal announcements given by the palace; usually the royal ladies just show up wearing the order. So it's interesting how Wiki would have gotten that information, unless it's a palace source.

Honestly, I would think twice about anything cited on Wikipedia and won't believe it until Kate shows up at a formal occasion wearing the order. To my knowledge, there are no formal announcements given by the palace; usually the royal ladies just show up wearing the order. So it's interesting how Wiki would have gotten that information, unless it's a palace source.

Exactly--they usually have good info, but like you said, you have to be careful with it. I had known that they don't announce such awards and that it can take a few years to be awarded membership in the family order--I believe the Duchess of Cornwall didn't get the Family Order until a few years after the wedding, so I was expecting it'd be at the least a couple of years. Hence my surprise.

I suspect that whoever put it in there had assumed the marriage meant automatic membership in the Family Order.

The contributor should know that marriage doesn't equal automatic receipt of the Royal Order - Sarah, the Duchess of York, was never given one.

Looks like someone was reading us--they took the Duchess of Cambridge off the list. ;)

I want to say that it takes a few years before any new members of the Royal Family are given any orders by the Queen. The Countess of Wessex received her first one at some point last year, after being married for ten years and doing a few solid years of royal duties and services.

Looks like someone was reading us--they took the Duchess of Cambridge off the list. ;)

Wow, that's hysterical. Don't they know to verify with this forum before publishing anything?:whistling:

And, Daria, I didn't realize that it was just last year that Sophie received her order. Just goes to show that you have to pay your dues as a royal before you can sport that item on your shoulder.

Last edited:
Wow, that's hysterical. Don't they know to verify with this forum before publishing anything?:whistling:

And, Daria, I didn't realize that it was just last year that Sophie received her order. Just goes to show that you have to pay your dues as a royal before you can sport that item on your shoulder.

:ROFLMAO: That would be a very smart move, considering this place is full of knowledgable people.

I read about Sophie while visiting the thread that deal with orders and sashes. One of the more recent posts has a link that mentions that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom