The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
IMO she has looked tired for months now. If she's as hands on with the baby as we hear that is probably why. My youngest granddaughter is a year old in a couple weeks and she's still not sleeping thru the night. My daughter looks tired part of the time too.

LaRae

She always has bags under eyes it's just way they are her mother is the same. Most times makeup hides it to a certain degree but on private time less make up means we see bags no big deal no one is perfect even Kate.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 12-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Majesty

General News and Information for the Duchess of Cambridge

I agree with Pranter; Catherine looks exhausted. It's not a criticism, just an observation. I don't expect her to look 'perfect'. She is human, and a hands-on mother. She will look tired and it's OK. I'm not a mother, but I work with children who have special needs. It's exhausting, even with sleep. Now, having to chase an energetic two-and-a-half-year-old, and caring for an infant under a year would make anyone tired, even if that person had help.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
She always has bags under eyes it's just way they are her mother is the same. Most times makeup hides it to a certain degree but on private time less make up means we see bags no big deal no one is perfect even Kate.

It's not just the bags, she looks tired in the eyes.

LaRae
Old 12-12-2015, 11:39 PM
Serene Highness

I think having 2 small ones and constantly on the go would be enough to make you look tired. But then again, I thought they had a full time nanny to take care of the children.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Nanny Maria is there for when William and Kate aren't there. When they are there, it's going to be them taking care of the kids and since William also has a job in addition to his royal work, it's going to fall on Kate.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Recently William talked about how Catherine does most of the "getting up in the night"

Charlotte is probably teething. George is bouncing about like a rabbit! William is working (royal or pilot, he's been busy)

Lack of sleep is possibly the answer

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let's get the thread back on topic. I've moved a number of posts discussing the hours that Maria works, to the Duke and Duchess Staff thread. If you wish to continue the discussion about their nanny (or any other staff), you can do so there.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:09 PM
Commoner

She does look exhausted.....I know her days must be busy and full. Having been there, done that with several children not far apart in age (we had three under five at one time) it does look to me as if it is a bit more. If I had to say, I'd say a bit anemic. She has the kind of tired look that screams that. Anyone else here seeing that?

Old 12-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

No wonder Kate looks shattered! Two young children, three official functions in a week AND Christmas shopping - why the Duchess needs a well-deserved rest

wow, I wonder what the average working mother thinks of this who has young children without staff or nanny AND has to work 5 or more DAYS a week AND has to do the christmas shopping!!

Kate Middleton looks shattered while spotted out in Chelsea | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-14-2015, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
No wonder Kate looks shattered! Two young children, three official functions in a week AND Christmas shopping - why the Duchess needs a well-deserved rest

wow, I wonder what the average working mother thinks of this who has young children without staff or nanny AND has to work 5 or more DAYS a week AND has to do the christmas shopping!!

Exactly! The headline is so shockingly ridiculous thant at first I thought it was snarky sarcasm...
Old 12-14-2015, 10:16 AM
Courtier

The staff doesn't take care of her children and the Nanny works the same amount of hours that a daycare staff work
Old 12-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I don't see why Kate should be blamed for what people are making up about her? She didn't do anything more than look tired in a photo. It's not her fault that people are making up excuses for her or anything. We don't know anything behind that photo. She might be tired or her face might be relaxed and she's halfway to blinking. She could be tired from single handedly taking care of the kids or from having secret wine binge clubs at her home. We have no clue. So let's end it at "she looks tired" and that's it. I mean... even if she had no kids or responsibilities she's allowed to look tired, right?!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

She has looked like this before she had children or got married. She has looked "older" than her years IMO and that could just be her skin, or coloring, or keeping herself thinner than her natural set point. Her face didn't have these shadows when pregnant or a little heavier in her younger days.

All women need to learn to rest more
Old 12-14-2015, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I think this article sums up what we all thought about the rubbish printed by the DM

https://t.co/IL3fal4SQg

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Courtier

To my 25 years old eyes, she look her age
Old 12-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Courtier

For The Daily Mail, the definition of "shattered" is having a vagina instead of a glorious penis.

It's because of the pathology of the British press that I had fervently hoped that Charlotte would be a boy. While other people on this site were celebrating getting a princess, I said "oh, crap".

Anyways, in 25 years this will be Charlotte on the front pages getting savaged and dehumanized, if her looks aren't comparable to a supermodel. And certain people on this site will be blaming Charlotte for those headlines instead of the sleazy media. Same story, new day.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Society hate women miss whirley. Most women in the public eyes get botox and fillers at 20s if they are in the public eye b/c the media is cruel which in turn create this impossible standard of beauty and warp sense of what certain age look like when people see a few women without these botox, fillers and photoshops and the right lighting and angles in photos.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness

IMO, Kate looks her age, albeit somewhat tired. She could be tired for any number of reasons or she could be suffering from a cold or sinus problems. It is amazing how the DM makes up these stories and then this Vine(?) woman comes through with her none too subtle comments. All of which are designed to encourage the nasty chatterers to come forward with comments such as "who does she think she is?" blah, blah blah, when all Kate did was to go shopping .......
Old 12-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
She has looked like this before she had children or got married. She has looked "older" than her years IMO and that could just be her skin, or coloring, or keeping herself thinner than her natural set point. Her face didn't have these shadows when pregnant or a little heavier in her younger days.

All women need to learn to rest more

I agree that it's just the way she looks but like you I think extra weight would help her look better . As I have said many times she doesn't wash, iron, clean ,garden etc etc. so let's forget the poor Kate rubbish. And I'm sure she wouldn't want to be called that.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Society hate women miss whirley. Most women in the public eyes get botox and fillers at 20s if they are in the public eye b/c the media is cruel which in turn create this impossible standard of beauty and warp sense of what certain age look like when people see a few women without these botox, fillers and photoshops and the right lighting and angles in photos.

And why does a princess have to be beautiful ?

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family