The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was an aide alongside William, I believe.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Nobility

Article about possible tiaras for the Duchess at the state dinner next week.

Will Kate Middleton borrow a tiara from the Queen for first ever state banquet? | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

The DM and their great journalism 😔

The information about the first tiara - Spencer Tiara is wrong. W&H didn't inherit it. It belongs to Earl Spencer as part of the Spencer estate to be passed down to future earls.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-28-2015, 03:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Leave Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge alone says AMANDA PLATELL* | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-29-2015, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Richard Godwin spends the afternoon at Chance UK’s early intervention mentoring programme with the Duchess of Cambridge

Quote:
“I feel so proud to watch this,” whispers Caroline Hopkins, the programme manager at Chance UK. “I found myself welling up when the children began to talk to her.”

We are at Islington Town Hall as the Duchess of Cambridge meets children on Chance UK’s early intervention mentoring programme. As Kate examines a picture of a princess painted by one of the children,

Faith Buchanan, eight, I too get sentimental. From the year I spent as a Chance UK mentor, I know it’s not always easy to draw smiles from these children — and Faith is beaming.
Read more: The day I met Kate Middleton: 'She's kind and assured, and seems like a real person' | London Life | Lifestyle | London Evening Standard
Old 10-30-2015, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Chance UK's chief executive Gracia McGrath spoke with People magazine.

Quote:
Princess Kate is a royal with heart.

As PEOPLE observed her working earlier this week, she was far from formal, learning about the challenges facing young people and spreading cheer as she did.

Joining a group of children and their mentors from Chance UK, there was laughter and some raw emotion.

"This isn't someone smiling and nodding," Chance UK's chief executive Gracia McGrath tells PEOPLE. "She is asking intelligent questions and knows what happens when children go off the rails and go off the rails early."

For Kate it was the latest stage in a series of visits as she highlights the roots of some of society's toughest challenges. She has been setting her sights on helping attention on the early intervention for young people, whether they have mental health difficulties or face other social issues.
Read more: Princess Kate Not Just 'Smiling and Nodding' As She Tackles Kids' Welfare : People.com
Old 10-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Richard Godwin spends the afternoon at Chance UK’s early intervention mentoring programme with the Duchess of Cambridge

Read more: The day I met Kate Middleton: 'She's kind and assured, and seems like a real person' | London Life | Lifestyle | London Evening Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Chance UK's chief executive Gracia McGrath spoke with People magazine.

Read more: Princess Kate Not Just 'Smiling and Nodding' As She Tackles Kids' Welfare : People.com

These accounts are all the evidence I need to know that Catherine is genuine, and cares about those who benefit from her involvement in given causes. The woman is a gem, plain and simple.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm glad there's an article that's actually focused on her work and the issues she's highlighting.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-02-2015, 01:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

No TV interviews, and few public speeches…is the media is so obsessed by how the Duchess of Cambridge looks, because we rarely hear what she says?
Why Is Kate Middleton so Silent? - The Daily Beast

It would be great to actually hear from Catherine.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that's partly true. Not entirely accurate, as the media are always interested in women's fashion choices and particularly in Kate's... but when she recorded both videos about EACH and palliative cares etc most of the news were about her message. So I partly agree with that...
Old 11-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think that's partly true. Not entirely accurate, as the media are always interested in women's fashion choices and particularly in Kate's... but when she recorded both videos about EACH and palliative cares etc most of the news were about her message. So I partly agree with that...

I agree, her fashion will be of interest regardless. I also agree that the media do focus on her messages she puts out on behalf of her charities.

I think most royals are very nervous when it comes to public speaking. I think the only way to practice it is by doing it. The nerves may never go away, but at least your voice is being heard. Perhaps it's down to her wanting to learn more about the causes she's supporting, so she can have something meaningful to say on it's behalf. She releases support letters through her press office, but it would be great to hear from her more often though. She could also do a short interview on behalf of her charities. William, Harry, Sophie, Charles, Eugenie and Beatrice have done so.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I agree, her fashion will be of interest regardless. I also agree that the media do focus on her messages she puts out on behalf of her charities.

I think most royals are very nervous when it comes to public speaking. I think the only way to practice it is by doing it. The nerves may never go away, but at least your voice is being heard. Perhaps it's down to her wanting to learn more about the causes she's supporting, so she can have something meaningful to say on it's behalf. She releases support letters through her press office, but it would be great to hear from her more often though. She could also do a short interview on behalf of her charities. William, Harry, Sophie, Charles, Eugenie and Beatrice have done so.

I don't know how much she practices, but she gives me the impression she reads her speeches just before going to the engagement she has to attend...
Old 11-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't know how much she practices, but she gives me the impression she reads her speeches just before going to the engagement she has to attend...
I don't agree at all. I think she has practiced alot, almost to the level of over practicing but still have no conidence in it so she reads it. That is what happened alot in school, and it got stiff.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I don't agree at all. I think she has practiced alot, almost to the level of over practicing but still have no conidence in it so she reads it. That is what happened alot in school, and it got stiff.
mmm I think it has to do with her accent. She has changed her accent since getting married, and I would prefer her using her original Berkshire accent...
Old 12-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if this is the right thread,but Kate was spotted dining with her mother Carole (and possibly Pippa and James) on Tuesday 1st december.

I could only find a decent link to this blog:

[Updated] Royal Girls Night at Clos Maggiore! Kate, Pippa, and Carole Spotted at London Restaurant
Old 12-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Don't get the chatter on Twitter about the Duchess of Cambridge's engagement yesterday. I thought the focus was primarily on the engagement and less on what she was wearing.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Don't get the chatter on Twitter about the Duchess of Cambridge's engagement yesterday. I thought the focus was primarily on the engagement and less on what she was wearing.
Did you read that too? Many posters were on point though. It seems she didn't get much coverage , or at least, that's what I understood.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I thought there was some good coverage. There was some articles in DM, there was Twitter buzz and everything. I don't get what they're talking about. Am I missing something?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I thought there was some good coverage. There was some articles in DM, there was Twitter buzz and everything. I don't get what they're talking about. Am I missing something?

I honestly don't know, as I read just some of the tweets... they were suggesting that only royal watchers are really interested in her charities but most of the others want to see clothes etc... and Plamer was disappointed that the coverage wasn't big as earlier times.. maybe try and read the rest... strange vibe though
Old 12-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Its Palmer being Palmer.

It just wasn't about Kate. He said on Twitter today that interest in Harry is also waning. He said newspapers didn't really cover his tour in South Africa.

He said no one is interested in Charles and Camilla. He said no press covered Charles and Camilla in Australia.

It was just a rambling mess.

He was basically having a pop at the British Royals.

I stopped following him but read his timeline today.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family