The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge is to recieved her first Honour - The Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth ll.

A diamond brooch with an ivory plaque on a yellow ribbon.

This is the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a female member of the Royal Family.

I expected it soon- where's the source for this?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 08-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
(picks herself off the ground and back into her chair) Stop jumping for joy so much Dman! You're causing earthquakes!

This is incredible news and I'm sure there'll be official confirmation sooner or later. One thing that this honor does suggest to me though is that Kate will have the honor to wear to the Chinese state dinner and most likely was a prime reason to be given it at this time.

Things are looking good.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I expected it soon- where's the source for this?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Sorry HRHHermione - I'm always on a tablet and my internet connection drops out suddenly at times, so I start a post, then go back in and add to it.

(I got caught once too often with a big type up that dissapeared just before I got it sent.)

Angela Levin has written a book - and the "Mail on Sunday"/"Daily Mail-Mail Online" has just posted a very positive article about the Duke and Duchess taken from it - "Kate the great healer".

Angela's book is due out on September 2nd., and is titled "Babies: Kate, William and the Repair of a Broken Family".

And Anmer Hall has been nick-named the "baby bunker".
Old 08-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Angela Levin has a story in the Mail on Sunday. In the article she states Kate is to be presented with the order and will wear it at the Chinese state banquet.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Since they never announce when a RFO is given, she could have received it in the past 2 years. She didn't have one at the Diplomatic reception in early December 2013 and there hasn't been a state occasion with a tiara for Kate until she goes to a state dinner which is hopefully this October. The blip in the mail says the RFO is for "first division senior female royals" but all the older Royal females except Princess Michael has one. The York Girls could have one in theory just never the opportunity to wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah, Duchess of York didn't receive it. I doubt the girls have it. Its a given Kate either has it or will get it.

All the older royal females who have it are "first division senior female royals" in the Queen's eyes.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Majesty

If this is indeed true, then I'm thrilled for Catherine, but if not, I'm sure she'll receive it at some point. She is doing a fabulous job representing the Royal Family, so she definitely deserves it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Royal Highness

How Kate Middleton banished William's ghosts | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
The Queen plans to celebrate her milestone next month – when she becomes the longest-reigning Monarch – by honouring the Duchess of Cambridge.

Kate will receive the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II – the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a female member of the family.

The 33-year-old Duchess is the only senior member not to wear a family honour.

A source said: ‘It is an honour reserved for first division female Royals.’ Sophie Wessex has one, as does the Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne.

The insignia is a diamond- encrusted brooch featuring an ivory plaque of the Queen wearing the Order of the Garter and bearing the Royal cypher. It is worn on a yellow ribbon.

Kate is expected to wear hers to a State dinner when the Chinese president Xi Jinping visits the UK in October.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Glaring error in that Mail article about Nanny Maria being kept in the background for George's christening-hello,she wasn't hired yet .Jessie Webb was there and walked out with Mike Middleton.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
(picks herself off the ground and back into her chair) Stop jumping for joy so much Dman! You're causing earthquakes!

This is incredible news and I'm sure there'll be official confirmation sooner or later. One thing that this honor does suggest to me though is that Kate will have the honor to wear to the Chinese state dinner and most likely was a prime reason to be given it at this time.

Things are looking good.
Again, you know me, Osipi Can't jump at the moment, due to a toothache, but I suspect she's already received her RFO.

Catherine deserves her honors. No just because she's a senior member of the royal family, but because she has worked hard on behalf of the Monarch, Firm and Country. I may think she could step up a little more, but she's done a beautiful job as William's wife.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-30-2015, 12:11 AM
Commoner

So nice for the Queen to recognize the Duchess for the work she has done, and especially for her work in providing a happy home for William and the children. A royal life may look glamorous and easy, but I think it must be very stressful for many reasons. Kudos to the Cambridges for trying to "keep it real."
Old 08-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Still, nothing official yet. And the reports come from the Fail.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Its the DM but in this case its a usually reliable royal biographer. Not a random Mail hack. Angela Levin also writes for the Telegraph.

The palace never officially confirms the royal family order. The next time Kate is at an event that calls for the wearing of orders we will know for certain.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Kate will receive the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II – the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a female member of the family.
isn't it customary to give an order before the marriage? does it mean then that kate didn't receive any orders upon becoming duchess of cambridge?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Brides don't receive orders before the wedding. British orders are relatively hard to come by compared to other royal houses.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
isn't it customary to give an order before the marriage? does it mean then that kate didn't receive any orders upon becoming duchess of cambridge?
The Royal Family Order is specifically at the discretion of the Queen and is an honor given solely to female family members. It is HM's way of acknowledging that the recipient is truly a part of the family and acknowledges their dedication to it.

As it is a private, family thing, it is never announced publicly.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-30-2015, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Although the Order is a private family honor, I think it should be at least announced senior female members of the royal family has received it. That way, one don't have to wait for a person to show up to a special event to see if they have it or not.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-30-2015, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Announcing or not is up to H.M. Buckingham Palace also do not announce who has or has not turned down awards. Honor Blackman, for instance let it slip that she had turned one down.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Although the Order is a private family honor, I think it should be at least announced senior female members of the royal family has received it. That way, one don't have to wait for a person to show up to a special event to see if they have it or not.
I agree with you. Is it possible to expect a event to see that it has received or not? Ok it is the private but again
Old 08-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

We will see in October if Kate as predicted goes to the Chinese State Dinner if she has it. A state dinner or the diplomatic reception, those would be the types of events that a RFO would be wore to.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family