The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-03-2015, 01:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I'm betting they did Mustique's Shark Cave dive - an advanced drift dive with schools of black tip reef sharks.
I think the tabloids just discovered that Catherine is certified, but I bet she's been so for awhile. The Middleton's have vacationed in Mustique for years haven't they, ample time for all of their kids to become divers if so inclined.
The deal with sharks and being in the ocean is the same as various animals and being in the wilderness on land.
I'll give a couple of examples: for most of the year the many deer that roam through my mom's California town are harmless and they shy away when I walk by, however, in the fall during the rut, I give the males a wide berth as they can be aggressive. I also know that very rarely (every couple of years) a mountain lion kills one of those deer somewhere in town, and mountain lions definitely will attack and kill humans - yet I still wander around the area. Last summer I ran into a Mountain Lion while camping in Big Sur. I've also seen bears almost every time I visit Yosemite. I still visit these places because any risk from wild animals is small, especially if I am alert and aware.
The marine environment is no different than land, most of the animals, including most sharks, are harmless and the dive operators who run scuba trips in Mustique know what marine animals are likely to be where and whether they are of concern.
I wonder, do the Cambridge's protection officers have to be scuba certified and go on the dives too?

For all our civilization and culture, the wild side of life isn't that far away at times sndral - I'm happy to live in a lion-free environment though.

Makes sense if the Duchess has been doing this for years - I'm always a bit amazed at how physical her sister is with all the bike-rides and marathons - so maybe a long time activity.

I hope the protection guys don't have to take it on though - not everyone's cup of tea. I'd need a pay-rise it that turned up on the job requirements.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Nobility

Why is she called Kate Middleton?
Why?

Old 08-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Why?
Just to get on our last nerve.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Why?
Kate Middleton has more Google/search engine hits (74.4 million) than Duchess of Cambridge does (27.4 million).

'Kate' is also easier and quicker to type then 'Duchess' - both of which will, most of the time, automatically bring up the suggestion 'Kate Middleton' and 'Duchess of Cambridge' respectively when using the Google search bar.

The media calls her Kate Middleton because, after almost a decade-long courtship, that is what the public knows her as/will refer to her as when they are searching the internet for her. The media goes where the hits are, as hits = money.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Vanity Fair Video Report: How the Duchess of Cambridge Became the Most Influential Woman in Fashion. Catherine was named to Vanity Fair's Best Dressed Hall of Fame in 2014.

Watch The International Best-Dressed List | The 2015 Best-Dressed List: How Kate Middleton Became the “Most Influential Woman” in Fashion | Vanity Fair Video | CNE
Old 08-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Royal Highness

Why is Kate Middleton becoming the invisible Princess? | Daily Mail Online

This article is not worth reading, and why will I say such a thing? Because it's written by Richard Kay, and I'm not sure why I posted this nonsense here.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ Everytime you post a story by Richard Kay or Sebastian Shakespeare you say the same thing lol.

He's been around since the Diana years, if you don't know his MO by now, you never will.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

General News and Information for the Duchess of Cambridge

Everybody in the BRF disappears this time of year and in January. There is nothing to write about thus we get killer trees and stupid stories. Soon there will be a story on how many weeks Harry has spent in the UK vs out of country.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Someone seriously needs to give Kay some cheese to go with his whine.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Someone seriously needs to give Kay some cheese to go with his whine.
My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
^^^ Everytime you post a story by Richard Kay or Sebastian Shakespeare you say the same thing lol.
And don't forget Ephraim Hardcastle.

I am of course a supporter of a free media and I respect those (journalists / people) who have a different opinion than me, but Ephraim and Seb and some of their colleagues are not reliable.

They write the most ridiculous things, such as, the Queen doesn't like Charles, she doesn't like Camilla, she wants William on the throne in stead of Charles, she wants William and Kate at the State Opening of Parliament in stead of Charles and Camilla, Charles will not use the Glass Coach because it reminds him of Diana (something I know is wrong because he and Camilla used it as late as 2013) etc etc.

The two are not to be trusted, and Richard Kay is such a big fan of Diana, that he sees her as a saint. In his eyes, she has no mistakes. This is one of the reasons why he does not respect or tolerate Charles and Camilla, and this is also one of the reasons to why he is a bad journalist.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
The two are not to be trusted, and Richard Kay is such a big fan of Diana, that he sees her as a saint. In his eyes, she has no mistakes. This is one of the reasons why he does not respect or tolerate Charles and Camilla, and this is also one of the reasons to why he is a bad journalist.
Lets not forget the fact that Diana was Kay's cash cow and lined his pockets. Its sad that even to this day, he's still using her for his own purposes. He would love to be able to have Kate as his Diana: The Sequel and perhaps the fact that it will never happen is why he writes and alludes to the fallacies that he does.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-21-2015, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Lets not forget the fact that Diana was Kay's cash cow and lined his pockets. Its sad that even to this day, he's still using her for his own purposes. He would love to be able to have Kate as his Diana: The Sequel and perhaps the fact that it will never happen is why he writes and alludes to the fallacies that he does.
I agree with you, but the problem is that people believe in it. They even believe in that ridiculous Ephraim / Seb nonsense.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's August, slow royal news and appearances, and we're used to it, but I can't believe the media made such a big deal out of Catherine not attending an insignificant wedding. They made it seem like she never missed a friends wedding in her life. I mean they really milked her non-attendance to death. Just dumb.

I'll be glad when the Cambridge's official engagements starts back again. Everyone will move on.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-25-2015, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Holly is a fan.

Quote:
Britain's Duchess of Cambridge has the "Grace Kelly" affect.

The 33-year old royal - who gave birth to her second child, Princess Charlotte, in May this year - is as "elegant" as the fashionable American actress who became the Princess of Monaco in the late '50s, according to TV presenter Holly Willoughby.

Holly, 34, gushed: "Look at the pictures from the christening, she's incredible. The way she just floated out in that white dress, pushing the pram. She was born for that role. She's so elegant and gracefull, as if she's from another time. She's got that Grace Kelly thing."
Read more: Duchess Kate Has 'That Grace Kelly Thing'
Old 08-27-2015, 11:14 PM
Courtier

A new portrait of the Duchess is going around - and a very nice one, much prefer it to some previous ones.

(On my tablet, can't link - but it will be everywhere soon I think, if you're interested.)
Old 08-28-2015, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
A new portrait of the Duchess is going around - and a very nice one, much prefer it to some previous ones.

(On my tablet, can't link - but it will be everywhere soon I think, if you're interested.)
I think it got posted in the Royal Portraits thread (Portraits of the British Royals) . Who's the artist, SunLion? There were 3 portraits in that post - none with much detail.

More: The SOAP work http://www.isthisthefuture.com/kate-...i-artist-soap/

Hazel Morgan: http://www.hazelmorgan.com/test-portrait-gallery/

Robert Hannaford: http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-...bert-hannaford
Old 08-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think it got posted in the Royal Portraits thread (Portraits of the British Royals) . Who's the artist, SunLion? There were 3 portraits in that post - none with much detail.

More: The SOAP work Kate Middleton – Airbrush Portrait by Graffiti artist SOAP | Is This The Future

Hazel Morgan: Portrait Gallery - Hazel Morgan

Robert Hannaford: Portrait of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge by Robert Hannaford Auction (0001-2300635) | GraysOnline Australia

The one I saw AdmirerUS, was the Hazel Morgan one - thanks for posting it.

I'm sure some very informed art types would label it as "chocolate box".

But the saying is, "I don't know much about art, but I know what I like".

And that's what I like. Ugly art isn't for me.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
The one I saw AdmirerUS, was the Hazel Morgan one - thanks for posting it.

I'm sure some very informed art types would label it as "chocolate box".

But the saying is, "I don't know much about art, but I know what I like".

And that's what I like. Ugly art isn't for me.
I'm not an art expert either, but I too like the Hazel Morgan portrait.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cambridge is to recieved her first Honour - The Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth ll.

A diamond brooch with an ivory plaque on a yellow ribbon.

This is the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a female member of the Royal Family.

Can't link from my tablet, but a lovely article in the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" - "Kate the great healer", by Angela Levin.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family