The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-16-2015, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Five-year-old girl who dressed as Duchess of Cambridge receives letter from Kate | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
AFTER playing princess by dressing up as the Duchess of Cambridge during her school play, five-year-old Scarlett Gillis enjoyed a royal surprise by receiving a letter from the future queen herself.

The young schoolgirl was chosen to re-enact royal occasions as Kate alongside her leading man, Joshua Rogers, also five, who played Prince William.

Scarlett, a pupil at St Bede's College Prep School in Whalley Range, Machester, loved playing the Duchess so much she decided to pen a letter to the royal.

She told Kate about starring in the school's 'A Tale of Two Birthdays' play and how she loved dressing just like her.

Kate, who is currently pregnant with her second child, was also treated to a photo of the young princess, so she could see exactly what Scarlett looked like.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Royal Insight: Is the Duchess of Cambridge doing too much?

Royal Insight: Is the Duchess of Cambridge doing too much? | Royal | News | Daily Express

I think with helpful advice from her doctors, Catherine is doing what she's comfortable with before she gives birth. She's enjoying carrying out her official engagements.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:

Royal Insight: Is the Duchess of Cambridge doing too much? | Royal | News | Daily Express

I think with helpful advice from her doctors, Catherine is doing what she's comfortable with before she gives birth. She's enjoying carrying out her official engagements.
I think you are taking this article too literally. I believe this is what my British friends would call "taking the pi**"
Old 03-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:

Goodness me she is now doing too much. She wasn't doing enough a month ago.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the thread "Duchess of Cambridge shopping" woul be more appropriate! (No kidding)

What Would Kate Do @WWKD_Official · 5h
The Duchess of Cambridge was seen shopping in Norfolk today. She shopped at @TheRangeUK, a home and garden shop.

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official
The Duchess of Cambridge also visited @CPWTweets in King's Lynn and reportedly purchased a new printer.

Nearly Jamie ‏@JGCinHD 11h
@tarirawr Swear down. Accompanied by about six suited men in two range rovers. She's on our CCTV and everything.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think the thread "Duchess of Cambridge shopping" woul be more appropriate! (No kidding)

What Would Kate Do @WWKD_Official · 5h
The Duchess of Cambridge was seen shopping in Norfolk today. She shopped at @TheRangeUK, a home and garden shop.

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official
The Duchess of Cambridge also visited @CPWTweets in King's Lynn and reportedly purchased a new printer.

Nearly Jamie ‏@JGCinHD 11h
@tarirawr Swear down. Accompanied by about six suited men in two range rovers. She's on our CCTV and everything.

A lot of shopping sightings the last few weeks Mary91 charmed.

Did you see the Duchess had been spotted buying her Easter eggs at the Conran shop a little while back?
Old 04-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
A lot of shopping sightings the last few weeks Mary91 charmed.

Did you see the Duchess had been spotted buying her Easter eggs at the Conran shop a little while back?

Here a new pic: it seems her, I am not sure though... (Supposedely taken in Norfolk)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBsya6bUAAAL6Vh.jpg
Old 04-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Here a new pic: it seems her, I am not sure though... (Supposedely taken in Norfolk)

I wonder how many people get told they look like Kate from behind? They would be look-behind-alikes?
If not her,it's someone who dresses as she does.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Looks like the coat Catherine wore when she arrived in New York so I'd move it up to probable from possible

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't doubt that she was spotted shopping, but this particular photo looks like it might be an older one - from maybe before or possibly earlier in the pregnancy. The coat seems way too small in the waist for it to be something taken recently.

I remember this has happened before. Older photos being passed off as something taken recently.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Courtier

Sorry if this has been posted before, and I missed it -

Husband and I sat down and watched the Royal Variety Performance that was broadcast here in Oz on Good Friday, and one of the comedians had been at school with the Duchess.

Catherine's long jump record from her school days hasn't been broken yet and still stands at the school.

(The comedian worked a routine around it.)
Old 04-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I wonder how many people get told they look like Kate from behind? They would be look-behind-alikes?
If not her,it's someone who dresses as she does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Looks like the coat Catherine wore when she arrived in New York so I'd move it up to probable from possible

Admirer: I had the same thought... I wasn't sure that was her, but there is not only the coat, bur her boots and style plus color of hair...

Cepe: I think this photo may be older... She seems to have a thin waist from behind...
Old 04-13-2015, 07:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCZYkk0UAAAqQbA.jpg
Photo from last week, Kate stuck in traffic in London.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Aww you can see George in the back.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

1. Kate spent the weekend in Bucklebury & was photographed with #PrinceGeorge at Bucklebury farm park yesterday. #DuchessofCambridge

It seems that pictures will emerge...
Old 04-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Makes me think that all systems are go and they're ready to head to the Lindo wing as soon as the time comes. What better place for George to be than to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa while Mummy and Daddy go to the hospital to get the new baby. William may still be in East Anglia doing what he's supposed to be doing and can be back in London as soon as the alarm is raised that he's needed.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-16-2015, 11:57 PM
Courtier

It's being reported that the Duchess of Cambridge has written to the local Sandringham Estate branch of the WI, expressing interest in becoming a member.

(They wrote to her prior to Christmas inviting her to join them.)

There are currently fourteen members and they meet one evening a month in a hall ten minutes walk from Anmer.

The Queen attends one meeting a year, and the Duchess of Cornwall is also a membe of the WI, along with the Countess of Wessex.

The Princess Royal is an associate member, and the Queen Mother used to be the President of the Sandringham branch.

Once a year this branch has an evening garden party at the home of a member - I bet they would love it to be held at Anmer Hall.

The WI generally is trying to attract younger members, so it may be a good help if the Duchess does indeed join.

(Australia has a similar thing, the CWA - "Country Women's Association".)
Old 05-20-2015, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why 'Prickly Princess' Kate is content to be a stay-at-home mum-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-princess.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

What is wrong with Kate being a stay-at-home mother??? She has 2 small children. Diana did not have much choice, she was the Princess of Wales and was married to a man who wanted to stay constantly active. But Kate is married to a man who has a private job in addition to royal duties. I do not see the firm wanting Kate doing royal appearances 24/7 while William is off flying air ambulances. Also what is this about $1M from Duchy of Cornwall??
Old 05-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
What is wrong with Kate being a stay-at-home mother??? She has 2 small children. Diana did not have much choice, she was the Princess of Wales and was married to a man who wanted to stay constantly active. But Kate is married to a man who has a private job in addition to royal duties. I do not see the firm wanting Kate doing royal appearances 24/7 while William is off flying air ambulances. Also what is this about $1M from Duchy of Cornwall??
Just complete rubbish cooked up to fill column inches on a slow news day.

I am sure the press would love Catherine to have a full-time role. It is clear that is not happening in the short term, and she remains focussed, as she should IMO, on her children. It is the lack of stories on the Cambridge's that may lead to the press turning on them.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family