The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Not sure where to put this but documentary about Willam and Kate (Mostly English with subtitles Dutch)
Videozone

Old 04-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I also loved the implication that Kate was going to save the BRF. Not to get into comparisons but they certainly said that in the past about a blonde and a redhead. While Kate will certainly be a welcome addition to the family and there are certain things that can and should be changed...its not about Kate. Its about Charles and William.
It is my understanding that the blonde made some pretty significant changes in the way the royal family operates and is viewed by people around the world. She changed people's expectations of the BRF. She modernized the monarchy in many respects. You can't have a distant monarchy in the age of information. If her marriage had been a happy one, you never know what she may have achieved, and what further changes she may have made. Charles and William are the main players, but, if all goes well, Kate could have a real impact on the future of the BRF, picking up to a certain extent where Diana left off. Kate gets a lot of grief for being a commoner, but, in truth, it is her biggest asset. It is a great thing, IMO, for the monarchy in this day and age. I look forward to seeing what she does in the future. It will be interesting.

That said, I agree that it's a really poorly researched and cited article.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Not sure where to put this but documentary about Willam and Kate (Mostly English with subtitles Dutch)
Videozone
the video doesn't load. anyone else with this problem?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Courtier

I can't load it either.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Nobility

Makes 3..

Neither can I.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Videozone
So the video probably is blocked for other regions . Could you tell us a little bit what was said?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Royal Highness

Royal Wedding: will Kate Middleton be the most beautiful royal ever? - Telegraph

The Royal Wedding diet: The secrets behind Kate Middleton's slim figure - mirror.co.uk
Old 04-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Courtier

when will she shift to london to prepare for the wedding?
Old 04-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Please note that speculative posts about Kate's weight have been deleted.

As a reminder:
  • Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
Any questions should be directed to the British moderators and/or TRF Administrators via Private Message.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 04-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Royal Highness

'The Women Who Would Be Queen,' CNN's Look At The Royal Wedding (VIDEO)

It might be interesting. And maybe info that royal watchers don't know about Ms. Middleton.

BTW I am in America at the time of the royal wedding and will either watch CNN or YouTube. I enjoy CNN.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

Is the Mirror not a reputable source? I know the Daily Mail is a tabloid (although, it sometimes breaks real stories). The Mirror article (cited above) says that Kate told a member of the crowd (apparently within hearing of a reporter? or is the Mail not reliable on such things?) that she was on a "wedding diet."

Anyway, it was good to read about Kate's college days and her lack of heavy drinking - all the various sources seem to reveal a serious-minded, kind-hearted and responsible young woman.

What's Starmix? Is that like gummy bears? Tangfastics? Anything like Sweetarts?

This is got to be good for England's economy, as now we are much wanting a trip to England to see the sights and peruse the English stores for these intriguing candies (and much else that I'd never heard of until I got into the Royal Wedding - and this forum).
Old 04-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Videozone
i can't upload the video... is it restricted in some countries or regions?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
'The Women Who Would Be Queen,' CNN's Look At The Royal Wedding (VIDEO)

It might be interesting. And maybe info that royal watchers don't know about Ms. Middleton.

BTW I am in America at the time of the royal wedding and will either watch CNN or YouTube. I enjoy CNN.
i enjoy cnn too.
i understand this happen in america, but, is there a thing that british, and even european people doesn't know about kate?
Old 04-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Nobility

Article from a student who did the same Gap Year as Kate in fLorence. Kate spend 3 months in Florence and had 3 hours of italian lessons each day (except the week-end) for 3 months combined with daily lectures on the Renaissance. I really love more and more this girl.

For the last century, it’s stayed pretty true to that aim; both Kate Middleton and I learnt a mixture of art history and Italian. For the equivalent today of £2,800, she got three months of Italian lessons – three hours a day, Monday to Friday – combined with daily lectures on the Renaissance. The Institute also arranges your accommodation. For around £500 a month, Kate Middleton stayed, as I did, in student digs that were clean and comfortable, but not on the flabbergastingly grand scale of the palazzi where we studied.

Kate Middleton’s Italian lessons took place in the Palazzo dello Strozzino, a princely palace built in 1458, with four mammoth entrances and four floors of heavily rusticated stone in traditional Florentine style, each separated by delicate classical cornices and sheltered by deep eaves.

But even this is eclipsed by the palazzo where Kate Middleton had her art history lectures and where the Institute’s drinks parties were held: the 15th century Palazzo Lanfredini, on the south bank of the River Arno. Owned by Harold Acton, Evelyn Waugh’s friend and part-inspiration for Anthony Blanche in Brideshead Revisited, the palazzo was bequeathed to the Institute when he died in 1994.
Palazzo Lanfredini breathes the last enchantments of Edwardian Florence, of the days when the city was a cultural outpost of the British Empire. It’s all very grand, in an old-fashioned shabby-chic way; and has been for decades. Kate’s prospective father-in-law, Prince Charles, and Princess Diana visited the Institute in 1985, when Prince Charles became one of the Institute’s patrons; he still is today, along with Wanda Ferragamo, honorary chairman of Salvatore Ferragamo, the fashionable shoe shop which once shared its palazzo premises with the Institute.
It houses the biggest lending collection of English books in mainland Europe; 50,000 of them, with a particularly good selection of English novels, alongside books on Italian art, history and music. You can read the English papers – including the Daily Telegraph – sunk deep into the comfortable armchairs, or squirreled away at a desk overlooking the river and the 17th century Palazzo Corsini on the opposite bank.
This old-fashioned English grandness has rubbed off on the school’s clientele. There were several Kate Middleton types when I was there, Gap Yah girls with long blond hair that required regular tossing back from the left temple over the right ear. But its art history lectures and tours – in Florence’s museums, churches and palazzi, alongside day trips to Siena and San Gimignano – will have left Kate Middleton positively blasé about being surrounded by Botticellis, Michelangelos and Leonardo da Vincis.
After such an education, the royal art collection and the royal palaces will strike her as pretty good, but perhaps a little, well, hit and miss.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Nobility

Her programm when on Chile:
The royal bride followed Sloane convention by going on a volunteering trip to Chile in 2001, working on environmental projects and a community programme with underprivileged children, organised by Raleigh International, the educational development charity.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Aristocracy

Duchess of Cambridge Friends

I have a question about her friends. She has been with William for so long and I saw a girl from college on tv before the wedding who said she was a close friend. But I just can't see close friends giving interviews. I realize Pippa is probably her best friend but does she have any girlfriends besides family?

I remember a link on Princess Mary's friends and found it fascinating to read about her friendships. I also am a bit curious did she let her friendships fall by the wayside while she was dating William that she really doesn't have anyone that close?
Old 05-28-2011, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Now Is Her Sister Name "Pippa" Or NickName Of Another Name ?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
Now Is Her Sister Name "Pippa" Or NickName Of Another Name ?

The name Pippa is a common nickname for girls named Philippa and this is the case here as well.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVA View Post
I have a question about her friends. She has been with William for so long and I saw a girl from college on tv before the wedding who said she was a close friend. But I just can't see close friends giving interviews. I realize Pippa is probably her best friend but does she have any girlfriends besides family?

I remember a link on Princess Mary's friends and found it fascinating to read about her friendships. I also am a bit curious did she let her friendships fall by the wayside while she was dating William that she really doesn't have anyone that close?
It seems to me, based on her very noticeable lack of career, that Kate made her relationship with Prince William her "career". It does not surprise me that she probably didn't have a lot of time for friends.

Does anyone know how much she gets from the Civil List as her allowance?

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 05-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Presumably Kate helped out in her parents' business??

If not, then she can be forgiven for preparing herself for a potential / possible future with William.

Where's the harm in that?

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family