General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most ridiculous articles:previous::ROFLMAO:

Yea that one is even more absurd than normal. God knows prestige award shows hate publicity! The horror!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

JMO, but the whiff of truth behind this article could be that there is indeed discussion of whether Duke and Duchess will attend together, and that they are the reluctant ones.
First, since it seems their attendance together at night events dipped once they became parents, I have always surmised that they had agreed beforehand that except for the most official night events, one would stay home with the children.
Second, I've believed all along that Kate and Co. were managing her popularity via the number, type and timing of events she attends.
Third, they get over the top press when they appear in evening wear together. I think they see press as a tool to be used in pursuit of their social goals. He gets coverage no matter where/what. She gets a lot of coverage,and together they get just a bit more. But the excess coverage when they do evening events is just press coverage squandered. It's celebrity rather than royal press coverage (that's how I look at it). It's not their goal.
But I am sure Bafta would be glad to have them for a date night together.
So while I catch a whiff of truth in this article, I think it only a whiff and turned on its head.
And this might be better discussed on the couple's thread.

This is kind of like the outrage over Kate not going to St Patrick's Day with the Irish Guards. The media loves this event because there are usually great shots of Kate. Here is Kate with soldiers, with a giant dog etc. I don't remember massive coverage of this event when Anne was passing out the shamrocks after the Queen Mum passed.

So last year, it announced that only William will attend. William who is the actual royal colonel of the Irish Guards. The Irish Guards didn't have a British royal as its colonel until William so that why other royals had to give out the shamrocks. Then after the event happens there is massive media outrage that Kate did not attend and broke a unbroken line of royal women passing out the shamrocks. The only women is false and the media ignores that William is the colonel of the regiment so the Guards got their shamrocks from their colonel. It's not like Kate skipped Remembrance Sunday and was then pictured sunning on a beach while everyone was at the Cenotaph.

William has attended the Baftas Awards several times solo. However, if Kate went with him that will draw more eyeballs for the press. Look at Kate in a gown, look at Kate with Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone etc. William would just be an after thought.

Bafta is more than an awards show. We have seen William do a wide variety of engagements for Baftas with a heavy Bafta involvement in his trip to China, the incoming state visit, the young people gaming event in Scotland with Kate, Bafta hosting the Shawn the Sheep event with H & K. So the reported grumbling about William not attending the award shows doesn't seem credible.

I don't have a good place to put this but it seems like interesting information, given it's the current US president saying degrading things about an immediate member of the Royal Family- might make that first state dinner quite awkward.

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1485580623.679043.jpg

There isn't a good place for it because there really isn't one. Its the kind of thing that doesn't warrant being repeated. IMO of course.

There isn't a good place for it because there really isn't one. Its the kind of thing that doesn't warrant being repeated. IMO of course.

I think it's information worth knowing on royal forums when the person who said it is the US President, someone likely to meet William and Kate in an official capacity at some point.

Actually, the statement was made back at the time that the photographs were printed long before Trump threw his hat in the ring to run for President. It has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on his position as President of the United States and the diplomatic relationship between the US and the UK.

That statement by Trump was issued on September 17, 2012. It does not reflect him in his role as president in my book.

Actually, the statement was made back at the time that the photographs were printed long before Trump threw his hat in the ring to run for President. It has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on his position as President of the United States and the diplomatic relationship between the US and the UK.

That statement by Trump was issued on September 17, 2012. It does not reflect him in his role as president in my book.

Personal views of people in government and diplomatic roles that have been expressed publicly are part of the historical record and go into evaluating relationships between public figures.

I'm not suggesting everyone freak out and see this tweet from 2012 as a threat to US/UK diplomatic relationships, merely suggesting that it's a degrading thing to have said, especially by a current US president about a current senior member of the royal family, and that it might one day make state dinner conversation a bit awkward.

I suppose you have a point there. It happens every now and then just like each time there is something going on with China, the media will dig up the statement that Charles made calling the Communist Chinese leaders in 1997 "appalling old waxworks". Come to think of it, Charles even sued the Mail over it. Then again, Charles' comments were made, I believe, in private whereas Trump's were on social media.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2005/nov/19/pressandpublishing.china

I don't think, however, it will make for any kind of an awkward situation. It was an off the cuff remark made by a man that most likely didn't know the extent of the furor over the photographs and like millions of other men, appreciate the female form.

Perhaps that is another big detriment to being so focused on by the public and the media. Don't do anything at all and you're lazy and boring. Any little thing you think, do or say that can be twisted around against you will never be forgotten. Such is life in a fishbowl. :D

I think it's time to drop it, because the topic won't go anywhere.

I don't think the "Kate Effect" triggered the brands downfall, but the designer bringing in Camilla Al-Fayed helped bring it down.

I don't think the "Kate Effect" triggered the brands downfall, but the designer bringing in Camilla Al-Fayed helped bring it down.
I agree. Sure, the fast interest is hard to handle, but selling a majority share to a person in direct contradiction with what gave you that boost was a bad buissness decision.

When did Kate stop wearing Issa? Was it right after the engagement or further along ? Once Kate becomes engaged, she has access to more higher end designers.

When did Kate stop wearing Issa? Was it right after the engagement or further along ? Once Kate becomes engaged, she has access to more higher end designers.
She wore it in Canada and such. She stopped wearing it when Issa got a new owner which is related to Dodi (I think Dodi's father blamed the royal family for Dodis death and called Phillip Nazi and stuff)

This is kind of like the outrage over Kate not going to St Patrick's Day with the Irish Guards. The media loves this event because there are usually great shots of Kate. Here is Kate with soldiers, with a giant dog etc. I don't remember massive coverage of this event when Anne was passing out the shamrocks after the Queen Mum passed.

So last year, it announced that only William will attend. William who is the actual royal colonel of the Irish Guards. The Irish Guards didn't have a British royal as its colonel until William so that why other royals had to give out the shamrocks. Then after the event happens there is massive media outrage that Kate did not attend and broke a unbroken line of royal women passing out the shamrocks.

Nice and all as it must be to have a Royal female - be it of blood, like Anne or marriage like Kate do the presenting, I'm guessing the guys were more than happy to have William do the honours! If I was a member I know I would!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom