The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

No one is saying that since The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh isn't cutting back enough, the Cambridge's have nothing to do.

What I'm saying is that the Cambridge's should be doing more and they should be handed some royal responsibilities as well. Now the good part is that William is now carrying out Investitures and he and Catherine are taking on more travels on behalf of The Queen. I think Catherine should be given some royal roles as well.

Of course they can carve out their own royal roles and accept many charity offers that will able them to become more active senior royals.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-26-2014, 05:53 AM
Serene Highness

I don't get it...why all the gripping about Catherine nit doing more? I don't think she is lazy, she doesn't have to report to me her schedule.....yet some are making it like she has not lifted a finger her entire life. She married William, just that alone would give anyone here I bet the darn squishy nerves being in that family. Maybe *The Queen* wants it this way, I don't think Catherine has much say in that family regardless of whom she is married to............take a very good look at who is in charge, least we forget................The Queen, Elizabeth 11, the head of the firm!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kate Middleton deserved privacy when dating Prince William, hacking jury told-
Kate Middleton deserved privacy when dating Prince William, hacking jury told | UK news | theguardian.com

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-28-2014, 07:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Im more interested in her new engagements - I think everything that could be said about this has been said at least 3 times - surely its time to move on?
I agree 100%!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Administrator

There is no need to discuss this issue in two separate threads. Since this "issue" happened when the Duchess was in Australia, all posts have been moved to the appropriate thread. You can continue this discussion in http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-36787-27.html

Old 05-29-2014, 04:37 AM
Courtier

Oh thank you Zonk that is a good idea! Was getting tendonitis following that discussion.

http://www.instyle.co.uk/celebrity/n...te-in-scotland
Old 06-13-2014, 12:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 3h
Duchess of Cambridge 'rushed to aid' a guest who fainted during the garden party at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday... SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Gee whiz! That car's a squeeze, Jade | Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Majesty

What a load of codswolop! Catherine was at a Garden Party to which how many hundred were present, and there were no legitimate First Aiders present?

Hmm, didn't see any grass stains on her pretty lace dress.

Ugh, Jade Jaggars new and incredibly silly ride is a least real.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it more that the DOC checked with the lady after the incident. That's how I read it, at least.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think it more that the DOC checked with the lady after the incident. That's how I read it, at least.
That's how I read it too. The lady had fainted and then was given a chair to sit down on. Kate went over to inquire after her and see if she was OK. Its something I think most caring human beings would do in this situation.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
That's how I read it too. The lady had fainted and then was given a chair to sit down on. Kate went over to inquire after her and see if she was OK. Its something I think most caring human beings would do in this situation.
Most certainly agree with you, some of us are caring decent people that would inquire after something like this happened and then there are some who could care less and not give a damn..............that shows the true character of a person everywhere even here.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

When you have a toddler who's just starting to walk, you jump up and run to him/her on a regular basis- it's second nature. So, sometimes, that old adrenaline rush occurs when others need help as well.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

The amount or extent of their public appearances are determined by the Queen or sometimes Prince Charles. If the Queen wanted them appearing at every garden show or country fair in the country, they probably would be. The Queen, DoE, Prince Charles & Princess Anne all have strong drive to be out and about in the public eye. Some of which maybe influence of the abdication. I don't think William will do so much in the public eye which may be influenced by his opinion of the media. As for Katherine, I read somewhere that Charles was not happy with her growing glamour image. It may be a hold over from when Diana made the headlines for just appearing in public and Charles' speeches on major issues made the back page.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The US magazine market comes up with some of the most stupid stories imaginable, and thats because they are imagined. The ongoing pro Diana and anti Charles is part of that.

What William does is defined by the BRf,not the media; there is no issue woth Charles - he is the next King and is secure in his public persona and his private life.

I think that anything written by rags like the Globe, and the DM should be ignored.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Anything written by any gossip magazine is just a make believe story so that they can make money off the uneducated public. William might be his own man, yet he does have his father and grandmother to consider and he will do them proud. I imagine that he is under a great deal os stress a lot of the time in regards to what he is suppose to do, should I do that or should I do this. Given all that he has in the way of material things, I don't think for one minute it is an easy task for him. He really isn't a free/normal man like most men are today............won't want that cup of tea for all the mola in the world.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I was at the grocery store today. The headline on the new Globe magazine was Dying Queen to Abdicate gives Crown to William and Pregnant Kate.
I had to shake my head at the stupidity of it.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

Did anybody tell Queen Elizabeth what she did?

My goodness why aren't these magazines being sued for all their worth for printing such lies? And just think of the number of people that believe this junk.......really says something about our media today and the people of the world......
Old 06-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
These papers are a dire necessity in life. Without them, there would be nothing for birds to gaze at while doing their business and folks would have to find another source to wrap their fish in. Tongues everywhere would stop waggling and there would be a giant social meltdown eventually leading to WWIII.

These rags are good for a laugh though at the supermarket checkout. I would imagine that the majority of shoppers would die of embarrassment if anyone they knew saw them purchasing one. My ex husband loved the Enquirer and that really took my estimation of his intelligence down a notch or two.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 PM
Majesty

...the point I was trying to make was that much was made of little to nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Mail
‘Kate rushed to her aid immediately,’ a fellow guest tells me. ‘It was second nature to her. She didn’t hesitate.’
I was exasperated with the sycophantic reporting. I am sure Catherine did stop by and ask her how she was, but that is not "rushing to her aid immediately nor personally rendering first aid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I thought so too. Since it was a perfectly normal reaction by a member of the host's family it didn't need the Billboard and Lights. It is what one would expect.

I do not highly dislike Catherine, nor even lowly dislike her. I see no point whatsoever in personal attacks against posters...I would rather keep a little objectivity, not to mention a little civility.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family