The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

General News and Information for the Duchess of Cambridge

One the paper in Scotland that was covering the wedding that Pippa, Mike & Carole went mentioned the Cambridges would be in the Strathearn area of Scotland on May 29. With the usually 2 week notice, I would think we would see an announcement next week.

Childrens hospice week is june 13-20 which Kate will probably be involved with. Plus it will be garden party season in June. With William out of the RAF maybe the Cambridges will do Royal Ascot. There was also speculation in the French papers of the Cambridges being involved in the d-day anniversary.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine has probably been at home with her son and husband, the same place her husband has been. William's first engagement since returning from Australia is on Monday.

Frankly I don't expect to see Catherine until the Trooping of Colour.
Um, no, Will's been in Memphis partying. Kate's been at home, getting Georgie used to the climate and time change.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Serene Highness

William left for the US last Thursday and was home Monday morning. He been back in the UK for a while now.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Serene Highness

Kate is probably spent the last 2 weeks baby proofing KP ahead of Cheeks becoming a walker while keeping a eye on the ongoing standoff between Lupo and George's wombat
Old 05-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Nobility

I love it cheeks!

He is very bonded with mum,and protective,making those faces on tour proved that.
I hope as he grows up out of his grumpy temperament and that he becomes a positive one
Old 05-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Commoner

Grumpy???? Baby George is teething and making faces is what babies do!
Old 05-11-2014, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by awcblue View Post
Grumpy???? Baby George is teething and making faces is what babies do!
I'd much prefer George's "grumpy" face rather than the one where they scrunch up their facial muscles and start turning red. You know what's coming then.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Courtier

I don't think George is grumpy. I think he is opinionated.

He is going to grow up to be another Prince Philip.

In the meantime, I think he caught a cold from one of his NZ playmates and Kate is home taking care of him.

It must have been awful for him to be in a strange place, sick, teething, having only partial access to his mother and having to fly back & forth for long distances. (W&K said he didn't like the plane rides.)

(Of course, they couldn't say he was contaminated by a New Zealander but Kate's reaction spoke volumes when the mother of the sick child told Kate that her child had a cold and Kate stepped back.)
Old 05-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

There is no evidence that George got sick from his baby play date in NZ. That was at the beginning of the tour. He won't have gone to the zoo in Sydney or been publicly been displayed boarding and departing planes if he was sick.

Of course, he doesn't like long airplane rides. Most adults won't enjoy being stuck on a plane for 20+ hours.

The Cambridges and their staff were going almost a month on tour. They aren't going to start doing engagements right after landing back home. William has engagements starting tomorrow and we should hear future Kate engagements pretty soon.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge diary of official engagements are being filled and those announcements will come. I think people have to learn to be patient about these things.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge diary of official engagements are being filled and those announcements will come. I think people have to learn to be patient about these things.
I think it would also make sense to realize that the number of official engagements that Kate does is not totally up to her. I am sure that she is consulted and works with her staff in filling her diary but we need to remember also that if she's doing it for "the Firm", "the Firm" also needs to put its seal of approval on it.

I'm sure Kate has plenty on her plate right now with the behind the scenes work that is very much needed before engagements and sometimes these are scheduled months in advance but just not announced until its closer to the date.

If there was any kind of comparison to make between Kate and Diana and engagements early on in their marriages, I think Kate would come up on top in that argument. It is well known that at the beginning, Diana had problems with doing the reading/paperwork before her engagements.

Kate is doing what she should be doing and if "the Firm" is happy with her sense of duty, then I'm not going to complain about it.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Kate is doing what she should be doing and if "the Firm" is happy with her sense of duty, then I'm not going to complain about it.
I agree with this 100%.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:31 AM
Courtier

Although Kate does have a work-shy reputation from her youth that will be hard to shake, I think the RF is deliberately trying NOT to make her into a Diana.

I think William may be the force behind this.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Courtier

She worked hard enough to make top grades and to get a good degree from a competitive university. She chose to work in the family business, and she chose to live her life as she saw fit. Do people really think that young people of means should always put in long hours, long weeks, and vacation-less years of work? I'm sure most people who are obliged to work extremely long hours would prefer to have well-to-do families who could make it possible for them to have pleasanter lives. My husband has been able to build a very successful career without neglecting his family and his household, and I would defy anyone to call him work-shy.

Criticizing Catherine for being "work-shy" is just a meme for those who enjoy being catty and snide about others who have the financial means to have a less stressed-out lifestyle. IMO

And when Queen Catherine is still putting in long years of work in her eighties and nineties, the rest of us pensioners will be playing bingo and dandling our great grandchildren. She will never be able to retire.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Mm...a lot of assumptions to address.

I am wealthy, I do not have to work, and although I have no judgment on anyone of means not working, I do take issue with "admiring" or looking up to someone who has made minimum contribution to society (does not have to be paid work by the way).

Kate does have the reputation of being work-shy (weather we like it or not). That is not to say that this will not change. It may very well be that she does build an impressive resume on social contribution. That would be excellent.

We will just have to wait and see. It may be that the RF thinks as you do. She has plenty of time and will not be able to retire...if she becomes queen and/or if the monarchy still exists.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Majesty

We have to remember that Catherine was given the "work-shy" reputation by the media and those on the internet. They all had in mind what they wanted her to do career wise and when she didn't pick the jobs that they had in mind, people started developing a certain attitude against her. Catherine worked several jobs before becoming an HRH but it was the kind of jobs that others didn't care for.

There are a lot of things that Catherine is doing behind the scenes but a great deal of that don't come to light. We all know that when we don't see senior members of the royal family on public official engagements, they're not really sitting at home and watching TV all day and gossiping over the phone, but are in meetings, hosting lunches and planning their diary of official engagements. They all have rather busy lives and Prince George's arrival has made William & Catherine even more busy, despite them having a full-time nanny, Maria.

I think some of the royal reporters and correspondents have complained that a great deal of William & Catherine's official life isn't being applied as often as it should in the official Royal Court Circular as The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh and Prince of Wales for some reason. That's something that has to be worked out, IMO.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Courtier

I respectfully disagree, AfricanAussie as I do not think there are any assumptions made by ladongas. Nor do I think she hints at anyone admiring Kate.

I will agree with you both that I think it is unfair to criticize Kate's work habits since she came from a wealthy family and married into a wealthy family. I would LOVE not to have to work, and I love what I do.

Lastly, being a mother is the most important job in the world. It seems to me that Kate spends a lot more time with George than Diana and Charles did with William or Harry. I would never begrudge a mother's desire to stay home with her child(ren).

I don't believe it is fair to judge another human being because they aren't doing what I expect them to, though I don't have great expectations for others, only myself. As another poster noted earlier, if the Queen has no problem with the life the heir to the heir to the throne and his wife lead, then who are we to judge.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:58 PM
Courtier

Ah Duchess, you are a good role model. Thank you for your respectful post.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Courtier

Talk about the RF not wanting to have another Diana:
SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Kate's charity gala no-show 'angers' donor Ralph Lauren: Fashion house 'paid £1.2m to sponsor soiree... not knowing duchess was staying in to babysit' | Mail Online
Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

What nonsense...

LaRae

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family