General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I remember Camilla carrying a purse. Don't recall Sophie with either...although possible she does.

I think miss whirley was more making a comment on the fact that she us called Kate Middleton, then on a real inquiry if Sophie and Camilla carry purses.

People need to just realize they are going to call her kate Middleton. They are online articles, they need hits. Kate Middleton gets googled more than duchess of Cambridge. The same first apply to the other two. Very few people likely know their maiden names, though Camilla Parker Bowles is likely still googled by many. It's all about how they were introduced to the public and what sticks in minds for general public. Kate was known for years. Camilla was a Parker Bowles when people learned of her. Sophie most people only know after the wedding. Meghan if she marries Harry will likely be Meghan Markel in many articles.

But for the record Camilla does both clutches, and smaller hand bags she wears over her arm, not holding the handle. More commonly a clutch.
http://www.gettyimages.fi/event/mem...bbey-to-attend-the-annual-picture-id141176669
http://www.gettyimages.ca/event/cam...visit-to-the-de-la-warr-in-picture-id74802031

Sophie is the same. Mainly clutches but the very rare hand bag.
http://www.gettyimages.ca/event/pri...-of-the-autumn-meeting-at-picture-id153454180
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...d-designer-dress-racy-peek-boo-waistband.html

I like clutches for. But I agree, the way she holds them is awkward. It gives the feeling she in uncomfortable even if not.

Last edited:
I think a small clutch is the best option and seems to be what most younger royal women carry when on duty but I have seen Crown Princess Mary carry the bigger handbag that is usually held at the crook of elbow (picture). I know that Diana carried small bag with a long shoulder strap (picture) but I don't recall seeing that used much these days.

The issue with Catherine is that she carries the bag in a way that it looks like the bag is being used as a shield, which is actually the premise of the article. I disagree that the reason is that she doesn't want to shake hands. Also compounding the issue is that adds to her having less than good posture.

Last edited:
I have to go with the second opinion in the article from Charles former butler. She can't very well swing her arms like a sailor and walking around with her arms behind her back like Prince Philip would look stupid.

As he said, keeping your hands crossed in front of you is a commonly used pose by many people in public life. Nothing to do with a shield.

Kate does have a tendency to grip her clutch in front of her like grim death, not just her folded hands. It's a stance you don't see with any other female member of the BRF (or with foreign royals.) IMO the clutch gripping in front of her is not unfriendliness but a nervous thing which began when Kate was a new Royal years ago which has now unfortunately become a habit. It can be seen in thousands of pictures of her, and is remarked on in forums, Tumblrs, Twitter etc.

I don't think there is anything 'unfortunate' about it. I have my hands crossed in front of me in my wedding photos. As Charles' former butler said, it's a pose used all time. The clutch just adds a bit of style.

Your hands are either behind your back, at your side or crossed in front. You have to have them somewhere.

Kate does have a tendency to grip her clutch in front of her like grim death, not just her folded hands. It's a stance you don't see with any other female member of the BRF (or with foreign royals.) IMO the clutch gripping in front of her is not unfriendliness but a nervous thing which began when Kate was a new Royal years ago which has now unfortunately become a habit. It can be seen in thousands of pictures of her, and is remarked on in forums, Tumblrs, Twitter etc.

lots of royal ladies do this.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/18/article-2161129-13AB1803000005DC-563_964x1172.jpg

http://www.glamour.com/images/fashi...rince-william-kate-middleton-wedding-h724.jpg

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibt...incess-mary-crown-prince-frederik-denmark.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+Netherlands+Opens+Sustainable+jL_xZLvFxIFx.jpg

and there are lots more but I just can't be bothered.

I have to agree cepe and thank you for providing the photos. It's a slow time for the media when it comes to royal news so I expect we'll see more stories like this one for a few more weeks.;)

The others don't do it incessantly though, Cepe, in virtually every photo. I post on other forums that show Sophie, Maxie of the Netherlands, Victoria of Sweden in tons of large photos. Yes, of course the clutch is held over the royals' stomach/ groin area at times with other Royal females when a photo is taken. It just seems to happen a great deal with Kate. And, as I've said, I believe it's a nervous habit, especially as I've seen photos of Kate gripping her clutch so tightly that her knuckles were white.

She holds her clutch in front of her like lots of women. Again it either has to be in front, by her side or behind her back. Take you pick. Does it really matter if she holds it front. Why would holding it at her side be any better?

The report in the Mail is not a serious article - its a fluff piece used as clickbait. This is my favourite response from Twitter

omid mio scobie ‏@_mio
i just hope we'll soon get to the bottom of why kate wears shoes to engagements

Kate Middleton's tricky 2017 with danger of being overshadowed by Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

Seriously, this article actually disturbed me. The vile implicit bullying on an individual is grotesque. This article is extending the pathetic previous article on exposing her apparent passive-aggressive clutch handling.

If in the minute chance Kate, or her PR team read this thread/forum, please be assured the majority of the human population do not hold Kate in such, or any contempt as the British media.

:previous:

I can also add that the Mailonline does not represent the British media or British opinion.

People from overseas read it a lot on-line and if its the only source used, it will distort opinion on what is happening in the UK.

The report in the Mail is not a serious article - its a fluff piece used as clickbait. This is my favourite response from Twitter

omid mio scobie ‏@_mio
i just hope we'll soon get to the bottom of why kate wears shoes to engagements
:lol:

That is a brilliant response to this type of "journalism."

That moment when a writer invokes, unironically, Prince Philip's quote about the press. In an article about the Cambridges. An article published in the Daily Fail.

Prince Philip, who once wrote, in a resigned letter to the film and stage star Pat Kirkwood, with whom he was accused of having an extra-marital affair: ‘Invasion of privacy, invention and false quotations are the bane of our existence.’

:eek:

The others don't do it incessantly though, Cepe, in virtually every photo. I post on other forums that show Sophie, Maxie of the Netherlands, Victoria of Sweden in tons of large photos. Yes, of course the clutch is held over the royals' stomach/ groin area at times with other Royal females when a photo is taken. It just seems to happen a great deal with Kate. And, as I've said, I believe it's a nervous habit, especially as I've seen photos of Kate gripping her clutch so tightly that her knuckles were white.

Maybe they were taken on cold days?! :lol:

Seriously, how daft is this?

A clutch is easier to control than a shoulder strap bag and is usually more decorative as an accessory, it can be changed from hand to hand or if needs be put under your elbow.

In Kate's case they are obviously just an accessory to finish off her ensamble.

If someone sticks out a hand in front of her I doubt a clutch will be sufficient protection!

:previous:

I can also add that the Mailonline does not represent the British media or British opinion.

People from overseas read it a lot on-line and if its the only source used, it will distort opinion on what is happening in the UK.

Thanks for confirming this, i'm one of those overseas people and had hoped that indeed the mailonline comments were *not* the general opinion in the uk :)
Glad to read it isn't

I challenge everyone to compare the same royal (public figures do this too) in photos over time and to look for their own personal "tic." They all have them (excepting perhaps The Queen who has become a so solidly neutral in movement that at times I think she appears animatronic). It's off topic to discuss those tics - but they exist.
You all have them too. If someone followed you around with a camera you would learn a lot about what you are doing with your eyebrows, hands, head, neck, etc.

Although good for a headline, the hats are made under the Fairtrade label by local artisans using alpacas, killed in the harsh climate.

There's no need to kill Alpaca's for their hair. They are shorn similar to sheep.

LaRae

Exactly. They sheer them in the spring, so they are cool in the summer, and hAve time for the hair to grow back in time for winter. That is one reason it is incorrect to refer to it as fur and not hair/fibre.

From the article, it stated that the material was gleaned from alpacas that died from the harsh climate. Other than that, its taken by shearing the animal. Shearing does keep the animal cooler in the summer. It is actually making use of something that the animal no longer needs similar to how they get wool from sheep.

Not inhumane at all.

From the article, it stated that the material was gleaned from alpacas that died from the harsh climate. Other than that, its taken by shearing the animal. Shearing does keep the animal cooler in the summer. It is actually making use of something that the animal no longer needs similar to how they get wool from sheep.

Not inhumane at all.
Exactly - I have 2 skeins of alpaca which was sheared from an alpaca named Oliver who lives nearby on an Alpaca farm w/ his fellow alpacas. After shearing it was spun just like wool and I bought it at a local knitting shop. I liked the slightly darker color of Oliver's undyed 'wool' compared to the colors (off whites, beiges, grays) of his herd mates also on offer.

Not inhumane at all.

Yup, here they are before:in_love:[FONT=&quot]:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d2/a8/4c/d2a84c14db81e4fef51da0f2c0305ad4.jpg

and after, alive and well:D[FONT=&quot]:[/FONT]

http://cdn.lifebuzz.com/images/57244/lifebuzz-542e07c904982662318e5a45aed92540-limit_2000.jpg

Wonderful article from the DM !
What next "Kate wears wool made from sheep" ?:whistling:

Not serious , but do you see my point ??

I always have thought the she was one of the most beautiful mothers in the door of the hospital that I have ever seen. Those dresses in my eyes were so nice in her.

The other royals to make the list are Charlotte Casiraghi, Queen Rania and Sheikha Mozah.

They're under the heading 'High Society'. Also included are Michelle Obama and Lee Radziwill

The most ridiculous articles:previous::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom