General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, I posted this earlier but it seems to have disappeared, never mind, here it is again and just as hilarious.

Kate is a "fantastic" wife (hmm, possibly too much information there Wills) and an"amazing" mother.

Love to know what makes her stand out there against all the other mothers of two or three year old toddlers; for example those who have to set an alarm clock to go to work for 8:00 am, other than that boring but very nesessary hair appointment at 11:00 am., nanny in hand of course ....

The transition from independant batchlor to married husband and father?

Independant?! Wills you have been funded by the UK all your life! What transition exactly??!

Prince William wants George and Charlotte to have 'simple aspirations' - BBC News>

Strange, I posted this earlier but it seems to have disappeared, never mind, here it is again and just as hilarious.

Kate is a "fantastic" wife (hmm, possibly too much information there Wills) and an"amazing" mother.

Love to know what makes her stand out there against all the other mothers of two or three year old toddlers; for example those who have to set an alarm clock to go to work for 8:00 am, other than that boring but very nesessary hair appointment at 11:00 am., nanny in hand of course ....

Independant?! Wills you have been funded by the UK all your life! What transition exactly??!

Prince William wants George and Charlotte to have 'simple aspirations' - BBC News>

it didn't disappear, it's right where you posted it, in Wills thread.

I'm not even going to comment on your opinions as its not worth my time. I doubt you'd see my or anyone else's posts and change your mind or even consider that your comments are over the top.

Such controversial statements... I wouldn't be surprised if social services intervened. :p

"As the other parents in the room will testify, there's wonderful highs and there's wonderful lows"

Struggled with the change from single "independent man" to husband and, now, father.

Catherine is a "fantastic" wife and "amazing" mother.

"I've learned a lot about myself and about family just from having my own children"

George, is a "right little rascal sometimes," but a lovely boy.

I want whomever has never heard of or know of or even maybe someone that has never seen someone gifted one to raise their hands. I'm talking about those coffee mugs and t-shirts and plaques that say "Greatest (fill in the blank) In The World". I have one and just about everyone I know of has something similar to it. Its a standard easy buy for Mother's Day or Father's Day or Grandparent's Day or secretary and teacher appreciation week.

I am 100% positive that its only my kids and grandchildren and great grandchildren that would even think of presenting this kind of thing to me. They're not comparing me to all the other mothers and grandmothers in the world but its how they view me themselves.

Someone that has sour grapes about these kind of things and statements, in my book, probably has never experienced being the "greatest" anything in anyone else's life yet. Its a grand feeling.

Last edited:

I would be more concerned IF he DID NOT say these things about his wife.

:previous: Australia's first cafe named after a royal? Surely not.

The fans phenomenon can be scary sometimes....I mean pple can go very far on those things.

Maybe I'm too much of a skeptic and believe only half of what I see but my first question would be "Why is Kate standing around outside of Buckingham Palace?".

Other than hearing the stories of Elizabeth and Margaret joining the crowds outside the palace when WWII ended incognito, its not a prime spot to see royals just walking around.

it didn't disappear, it's right where you posted it, in Wills thread.

I'm not even going to comment on your opinions as its not worth my time. I doubt you'd see my or anyone else's posts and change your mind or even consider that your comments are over the top.

Thanks, I do tend to loose posts(!) around the various threads and also for commenting :lol:

I don't think it's over the top to suggest that there isn't anything more amazing about the Cambridges as parents than any of the rest of us out there.

:previous: what is truly amazing is that people get paid to write this rubbish

Why does the duchess always have a plaster on her hand? Clumsy Kate's catalogue of injuries to her perfectly manicured fingers* | Daily Mail Online

Either getting cut in the kitchen, playing with the kids or paying tribute to Michael Jackson in her own way, lol.

Or blisters of some sort from all the sports she does- tennis, etc.

People who live an active lifestyle often sustain minor injuries. News at 11.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Next headline up from our friend the Daily Mail could read "Kate covers up tatoo with bandages".

Wouldn't put it past them.

No home is complete without a good supply of bandage strips. From slicing and dicing preparation for dinners to prickly stems in the garden to being clumsy and breaking a glass to... well you get the picture. One way to prevent any calamity that would involve wearing such healing strips would be to get someone else to do everything for you. This obviously isn't the case in the Cambridge household.

Oh no here ya go for a headline:

"Kate's secret meeting with Meghan turns into a cat fight over who is more popular"

LaRae

Oh yah!! Time to celebrate the silly season to the max!! :cheers:

Yep....I can't believe people actually think this stuff is true.

LaRae

Kate has occasionally been seen with bandaids on hands and fingers. I remember reading that one of her early biographers interviewed several fellow pupils at Downe Park school. One of the pupils (who was named, I seem to remember) said that Kate was a bit self-conscious about being tall, and about having eczema, which in her case seemed to flare up under stress on her hands and fingers near the fingernails, which seems an odd place for it to erupt, (but that's why I remember it as its been years since I read the review.)

Kate has occasionally been seen with bandaids on hands and fingers. I remember reading that one of her early biographers interviewed several fellow pupils at Downe Park school. One of the pupils (who was named, I seem to remember) said that Kate was a bit self-conscious about being tall, and about having eczema, which in her case seemed to flare up under stress on her hands and fingers near the fingernails, which seems an odd place for it to erupt, (but that's why I remember it as its been years since I read the review.)

Don't remember hearing about her having eczema. Although, she's been wearing band aids for some time.

I agree it's a stupid article and a waste of space. But I have to admit I had noticed she often had bandages on her hands and kinda wondered too. However, if the article has no actual *answers* then it shouldn't have been published.

The type of articles these are conjure up in my mind a hoard of old biddies that have ran out of their homes (barefoot yet in the dead of winter) to leave whatever is cooking on the stove to burn as they congregate to solve the yet unanswered solutions to the problems these insipid articles present.

For some, its their lifeblood and reason for living. For some of us its something that makes us laugh and roll our eyes in disdain. That's the way the cookie bounces. Well... the burnt cookies the old biddies made anyways. :D

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge eye move back to London as family's Norfolk idyll nears its end

Since they became parents three years ago, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have turned Anmer Hall in Norfolk into their perfect family home, offering a “normal” childhood for Prince George and Princess Charlotte away from prying eyes.

In 2017, however, they are expected to leave it behind after deciding Prince George should be schooled in London and that Kensington Palace should be their full-time base.

The Duke and Duchess are also ready to step up their royal duties, with the Duke contemplating giving up his career as a helicopter pilot to take up a full-time public role.

Sources close to the couple have said they are committed to expanding their own Royal Foundation charity by giving more time to pet causes including mental health.

They have told friends they expect 2017 to be a milestone year, in which they settle into roles that will last until they become king and queen.
Read morE: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge eye move back to London as family's Norfolk idyll nears its end

I've long suspected she uses the bags as a shield, but the elegance factor must come to play in it, too. Looking at some of the pictures of Norway's Queen Sonja out and about with a shoulder bag the other day, I was reminded of how much nicer a clutch looks. And while QEII looks just fine with small handbags hanging off her wrist, in 2017 that's sort of an old lady look that wouldn't quite be right for someone Catherine's age.

I've long suspected she uses the bags as a shield, but the elegance factor must come to play in it, too. Looking at some of the pictures of Norway's Queen Sonja out and about with a shoulder bag the other day, I was reminded of how much nicer a clutch looks. And while QEII looks just fine with small handbags hanging off her wrist, in 2017 that's sort of an old lady look that wouldn't quite be right for someone Catherine's age.

In today's world, the purse hanging on the wrist is considered old, but back in the day, the majority of young and old held their purses that way. Some still do.

The thing with Catherine is that she don't hold her clutches in a fashionable way. The way she do it comes off as a shield of protection and not of confidence. The crazy thing is I think she has gained a lot of confidence over time.

In today's world, the purse hanging on the wrist is considered old, but back in the day, the majority of young and old held their purses that way. Some still do.

That's what I'm saying, that it's a once-fashionable way for a young woman to hold a purse, and a once-fashionable size/style of purse...but it's really something that belongs to the Queen's generation and should stay with them.

For stylish women of Catherine's age, it's shoulder bags, big oversized ones carried in the crook of the arm -- neither of which is appropriate for her events as a working royal -- or a clutch. She doesn't need to hold her clutch with such a death grip, no, but there's nothing all that wrong about placing it in front of her body -- better than sticking it under her arm the way some do -- and really no other good option in terms of what bag to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom