The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

As far as I 've read some time ago,on Facebook there was a blond woman under the same name as Kate's,her profile was deleted.Then it came on the surface that she is just another Kate Middleton in her own right.
What strikes me is that now on FB there is one or some Kates and I doubt anyone of them is Kate.So I do not understand why they stay on FB under a celebrity name,if the previous girl was not allowed.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Aristocracy

Well I suppose if their name is legitimately Kate/Catherine Middleton, it's a little harsh for them to be kicked off facebook simply because they share their name with a famous person (unknowingly of course since these people's parents obviously wouldn't have known a Kate Middleton would become famous later in life )

What should be (& probably is) done is facebook organisers/whoever runs that thing should ask the various Kate Middletons to prove they are who they say they are privately to them & just let that be enough. If anyone is attempting to pretend to be KM then sort that out but if they're just using facebook legitimately for themselves & just happen to share a famous person's name & are making no attempt to fool anyone else into thinking they are that famous person then I think facebook should leave them alone, they can't help what they were called! Lol!

Old 03-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Courtier

These persons have perhaps also a 2nd christian name and could use that one for the FB.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla
These persons have perhaps also a 2nd christian name and could use that one for the FB.
Why should they? If Catherine Middleton is their name, they shouldn't have to change it because there is now a Catherine Middleton who will one day be the future Queen.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps some of those profiles also named "Kate Middleton" or "Catherine Middleton" display themselves as "not her"/ or not really her" while the other one, the ones of "real " Catherine's Middleton, who obviously never intended to be mistaken by PoW future bride, didn't even thought about it. I'm just guessing here, but sure the Facebook people, should be more careful. with all the money they earn, you'd think they could take a more carefully look.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-research.html

How Kate Middleton is also related to George Washington....
Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Kate's favorite burger is 805 calories!

http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/KateM...d37e2714a2ddc3
Old 04-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Administrator

I realize that we are all excited to share information on Catherine but if we can stop double posting (i.e. posting the same information in a variety of different threads) that would be GREATLY appreciated.

One time is fine

Zonk

Old 04-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Courtier

The Newsweek article on Kate actually has new info--surprisingly. But it actually doesn't paint a great picture of Charles and Camilla--they come off catty, prissy and snobby, especially in regards to the Middletons.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
The Newsweek article on Kate actually has new info--surprisingly. But it actually doesn't paint a great picture of Charles and Camilla--they come off catty, prissy and snobby, especially in regards to the Middletons.
Are you able to provide a link to the Newsweek article?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Are you able to provide a link to the Newsweek article?
Kate Middleton: The Commoner Who Could Save the Foyal Family - Newsweek

(Excuse Newsweek's misspelling in the link)
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Thats a terrible article IMO. Filled with things the author can only assume or imagine. I thought Newsweek was more reputable than your average tabloid.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Many thanks for posting the Newsweek link
Old 04-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
Thats a terrible article IMO. Filled with things the author can only assume or imagine. I thought Newsweek was more reputable than your average tabloid.
All things could be read before in the Daily Mail - but are assumptions more than verified information. In addition the author put some negative slants to it. Eg that Camilla was amused to hear the Middletons visited her old home was printed but I read nowhere that she was catty because of that as claimed here. Plus it is known that Charles, while being very concious of his station and social position, is never unkind or unpolite to people. He expects people who are employed as servants to serve but he does not treat them with disrespect. He is open and friendly to people he meets on official engagements. So while the Middletons need not become part of his inner circle of friends, why should he be anything but kind and attentive to the parents of his son's chosen bride and treat them with the respect due to them?
Old 04-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Commoner

I think we all need to be grateful that we are able to participate at all! Obviously he is HER choice and she is HIS choice. We should be happy for them, not trying to figure out what fault either have that is new and interesting. The article was not that well written or informative. It seems to have been stitched together with a lot of speculation and un-named sources (always suspicious of those!). Congratulations Will and Kate!! Many years of adventure and happiness await!!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Administrator

I wasn't impressed with the Newsweek article either.

They really haven't told US (by US I mean TRF members and those who follow the BRF) anything that we haven't already known in the last 8 years. I agree that the snarky comments about Charles and Camilla were totally uncalled for. Sounds like the author did a google and read some Daily Mail, Sun and Daily Mirror articles and that was about it.

I also loved the implication that Kate was going to save the BRF. Not to get into comparisons but they certainly said that in the past about a blonde and a redhead. While Kate will certainly be a welcome addition to the family and there are certain things that can and should be changed...its not about Kate. Its about Charles and William.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
Not for many years. It is now a magazine with an agenda.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

Newsweek is owned by Tina Brown who is high on tabloid talk mixed with news.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

They really haven't told US (by US I mean TRF members and those who follow the BRF) anything that we haven't already known in the last 8 years. I agree that the snarky comments about Charles and Camilla were totally uncalled for. Sounds like the author did a google and read some Daily Mail, Sun and Daily Mirror articles and that was about it.

I also loved the implication that Kate was going to save the BRF. Not to get into comparisons but they certainly said that in the past about a blonde and a redhead. While Kate will certainly be a welcome addition to the family and there are certain things that can and should be changed...its not about Kate. Its about Charles and William.
They say this all the time. I subscribe to the Nook version of the magazine and I lol when I saw the cover. She looks great but Catherine is not going to change much. I say that as a realist. The media does this with every marriage. I recall reading how Queen Elizabeth II's marriage and reign was supposed to be the new Elizabethan Age. Talk about hype! The reality is some small things might change but they will have to evolve and change as a whole. No one person is going to do that.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

I so agree with you. Its just article to sell copies of Newsweek,with the wedding so close.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family