The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Commoner

But she does make headline when she is out working. You are always critical of what she is wearing at each of her appearance.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Majesty

The headlines of her working is coming because the royals really start back working this month. The official and ceremonial year is about to begin.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Prince George is enjoying his first foreign holiday after flying out with his mother the Duchess of Cambridge to the Caribbean.

Kate and her son joined the rest of the Middleton clan on their annual jaunt to the isle of Mustique, leaving her husband Prince William studying in Cambridge.

Six-month-old George travelled with the family and three royal bodyguards on a scheduled 747 Jumbo jet last weekend and was said to have behaved impeccably during the 8,500-mile flight.
Duchess of Cambridge takes Prince George to Caribbean whilst Prince William stays at home | Mail Online
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its time that she makes headlines because she's working.
I really am not overly surprised that Kate and George went to Mustique with her family. Its something they do every year as a family and I would imagine that if the Middletons were renting out the place, they probably also paid for Kate and George's airfare. Its a family tradition and its obvious that this close family stays together.

Kate will be making the press when she returns as she has an engagement on the 14th.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Courtier

I particularly liked the part about George's impeccable behaviour, and glad to hear he's enjoying his holiday. Too funny! I like to imagine that he was wearing a tiny blazer and tie, and that he was wearing sunglasses when they got to Mustique.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really am not overly surprised that Kate and George went to Mustique with her family. Its something they do every year as a family and I would imagine that if the Middletons were renting out the place, they probably also paid for Kate and George's airfare. Its a family tradition and its obvious that this close family stays together.

Kate will be making the press when she returns as she has an engagement on the 14th.
And an earlier one at the National Portrait Gallery on 2/11//14.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
And an earlier one at the National Portrait Gallery on 2/11//14.
That's the one I meant. Seems I have my dates confused these days.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Majesty

Out go the short skirts, on with the tiaras: It's Kate's regal makeover... by order of the Queen!
Out go the short skirts, on with the tiaras: It's Kate's regal makeover... by order of the Queen! | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Out go the short skirts, on with the tiaras: It's Kate's regal makeover... by order of the Queen!
Out go the short skirts, on with the tiaras: It's Kate's regal makeover... by order of the Queen! | Mail Online
I know this story is probably absurd and untrue, but I still like the idea of Kate breaking out some historic jewels for this tour.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:43 AM
Majesty

It would be nice if Catherine took some historic jewels on this trip.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-02-2014, 07:16 AM
Courtier

Watch an 11-Year-Old Kate Middleton in a Production of My Fair Lady | Vanity Fair

Strange, how Catherine eventually became a REAL DUCHESS!

I personally think the Daily Mail story is logically the next step-up for Catherine, I remember Diana's trip to Australia and all the lovely jewels, so expect the same for Catherine too.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Much as we would all like to see Catherine take out some historic tiara or other piece of jewellery not seen in public for a long time, the likelihood is that there will be, at best, one formal public event, of that. Also, at the event, I would be extremely surprised if we saw Catherine in a tiara. Members of the BRF, other than HM, just do not wear tiaras abroad these days (other than Camilla's appearances at CHOGM in 2007 and 2013). Even Camilla did not wear any serious jewels when C&C visited in 2012.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Courtier

I think there is some truth in this story. The recession is over bring back the jewels.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
I think there is some truth in this story. The recession is over bring back the jewels.
Well, it doesn't take Angela Kelly to pose the question, should Kate take the wattle and hibiscus brooches along? Duh, territory, DM.
And given the independent decision making the Cambridges seem to do, no one will force her to start wearing large brooches. She'll do that when she is ready. If ever. She is just not a magpie.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I particularly liked the part about George's impeccable behaviour, and glad to hear he's enjoying his holiday. Too funny! I like to imagine that he was wearing a tiny blazer and tie, and that he was wearing sunglasses when they got to Mustique.
That quote was a favourite of mine too. Like your imagination of George's holiday outfit!
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Nobility

Duchess of Cambridge asks mom for 'help' - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
And here's an article claiming her mom is helping w/ the clothing choices for the Australia/New Zealand trip. I'm hoping it's Angela and more jewels. The lack of jewels has been my biggest disappointment w/ Catherine, having nothing to do w/ her - just my own desire to see said sparkly objects.
In regards to Catherine not 'working,' I don't recall that the first several months as a new mom were a vacation in any sense of the word, I do recall that it was an overwhelming adjustment and that I got very little sleep.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Nobility

The "Re-branding of Kate", "dripping with diamonds", "tiaras" (plural) Oz TV this pm.

Hi Everyone,

Certainly Channel 9 news here in Australia has enjoyed reporting on the Queen's "order" for Catherine to undergo a "make-over" for her upcoming tour.

No mention of the original report posted above, but a cross-over to a UK based Royal Correspondent, followed by a discussion amongst the panel of the "Chat Room" section.

Sean Neil is reporting that the Duchess of Cambridge will be "dripping with diamonds", wearing tiaras - plural - and out to make a "great impression" with lots of glitz and glamour.

The report is headed with "Queen bans short skirts".

The panelists later in the news suggested that a big part of Catherine's appeal lies in her wearing of "High St" brands, people being able to relate to her etc., and that there is a danger that if she goes too upmarket, she will lose some of that.

I can't agree.

I think people here would be disappointed if she, and William, were too casual.

We have that every day, and this is supposed to be a Royal Tour, so we're expecting a look at Royalty, as Royalty.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding Catherine and George's vacation have been moved to General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family .

Old 02-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'll always like what Kate wears regardless of where here clothes are coming from. Zara, McQueen, McCartney & I'm also hopeful that she'll wear some Elie Saab in the future. And who wouldn't want to see her in some serious jewelry?! :)
Old 02-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

Last week the story was that the Queen may have only million or so pounds left. Now the story is that Catherine has been ordered to deck herself out with jewels and tiaras.
Having Catherine wearing all sorts of jewels and tiarras for public appearances will certainly go a long way in getting widespread support for the British government to fund repairs to Buckingham Palace.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family