The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Thankyou for the link to the schedule, 'tis interesting indeed.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

Why don't the bells ring for Camilla's birthday?

Old 01-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Majesty

JB ‏@Royal_beans 49m
The Union Flag flies on Belfast City hall in celebration of the Birthday of HRH the Duchess of Cambridge http://static0.demotix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/a_scale_large/3600-3/photos/1389285681-union-flag-flies-to-mark-the-birthday-of-hrh-duchess-of-cambridge_3640193.jpg … #royal

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 01-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

Interesting with the Abbey bell ringing for birthdays- Queen, Philip, All their kids plus Queen and Philip wedding anniversary. Plus Kate, William and George birthdays. Maybe the Dean took a shine to the Cambridges during their wedding build up.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Why don't the bells ring for Camilla's birthday?
None of her descendants will be a future monarch.

No Harry either.

Only the Queen, her spouse, their children, William, Kate and George.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

While I understand why Camilla is omitted, I think it's a mistake. Yes, she didn't provide genetic material to a future king (as the DoE and Catherine have), but she is the future Queen consort.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 8h
Drum Major Staite in State Dress at Changing the Guard for Duchess of Cambridge’s birthday today! (via @phileasphil) pic.twitter.com/ycvQL2GziI

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 01-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
While I understand why Camilla is omitted, I think it's a mistake. Yes, she didn't provide genetic material to a future king (as the DoE and Catherine have), but she is the future Queen consort.
Does Camilla being 'Queen' Consort really have to come up in every thread? Including General News and Info of Other People?
Old 01-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Does Camilla being 'Queen' Consort really have to come up in every thread? Including General News and Info of Other People?
I can't see why not. After all, barring death, revolution or legislation, she will be Queen.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pray tell, what does that have anything at all to do with Kate's current events thread?
Old 01-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was mentioned that the bells at the abbey were rung for Catherine and noted that other than the DoE, she's the only royal spouse who gets such an honour - leading to the question I why Camilla is excluded.

My comment was not an attempt to open up the consort discussion again, I didn't even read it that way before sending it. It was merely a "as she is married to an individual who is in the direct line, like Catherine, I think she should get the honour, even though she didn't birth another member in the direct line."
Old 01-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I find that a lot of topics can be interrelated when discussing the royal family, so a segue into talking about another royal isn't unusual from my POV. I had been wondering myself why Camilla doesn't get that birthday honor.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...the Duchess of Cambridge.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I wasn't sure which thread to post this in, if this isn't the correct thread then please feel free to move.

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge has helped to transform the finances of her husband’s charitable foundation, but the “Kate effect” appears to be giving her father-in-law a boost as well.
Mandrake can disclose that the turnover of the Prince of Wales’s company has increased by almost £1 million in the past year, as interest in the Royal family increased after Kate Middleton’s marriage to Prince William and with the birth of Prince George.
A G Carrick, the firm that sells Prince Charles’s goods at his three shops and on the Highgrove website, had a turnover of £4.98 million last year, an increase of 24 per cent on 2012.
Kate Middleton increases profits for Prince Charles - Telegraph
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

God knows how they can link that specifically to William's and Catherine's marriage.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
God knows how they can link that specifically to William's and Catherine's marriage.

In some cases journalism is an art form...😉
Old 01-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Per the article:
Quote:
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s popularity has given the Royal family a lift in general,” says a courtier. Charles has capitalised on this by selling ranges of souvenirs at his shops commemorating the royal wedding and George’s birth.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes because the 24% increase in sales has specifically come from selling wedding merchandise and George's birth. I don't think so.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Courtier

In 2012 there was thing called the Diamond Jubilee. I would like to see 2011 figures the year of wedding.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Duchess Catherine praised by Twiggy
Hertuginde Catherine får ros af Twiggy | Billed Bladet

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...twiggy&act=url

Quote:
Why Kate Middleton's Royal Style Is Still Top Of The Fashion Agenda
Why Kate Middleton's Royal Style Is Still Top Of The Fashion Agenda | Marie Claire

Quote:
Kate Middleton Gets Supermodel Approval As Twiggy Calls Her "Stylish And Classy"
Model Twiggy reveals she's a fan of Kate Middleton's fashion - MyDaily UK

Quote:
Kate Middleton IS A Fashion Icon, At Least In Donatella Versace's Eyes
Kate Middleton IS A Fashion Icon, At Least In Donatella Versace's Eyes | InStyle UK

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family