The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton Quits Her Job for Wedding Planning - Daily Dish - StyleBistro

I read this in another paper as well saying that it was conformed by officals but I can't find it now..

Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

If this is the same article that I read yesterday, it says more about Kate's job at Party Pieces than has been talked about before. I think it says that she was in charge of marketing? That's definitely NOT a non-job, then. I'd had the feeling that Kate had a "real job" with her parents, and I'm glad that some details have come out about it--even if it is the Daily Mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
With that in mind, it does sound like Kate had a normal workload working with and for her parents. Of course, its subjective. The same people will question her work eithic and commitment because they didn't see her go to work everyday and because she had a flexible schedule.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Drink to Kate Middleton – With a New Beer - Kate Middleton, Prince William : People.com
Old 02-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Courtier

BBC News - Bus tours begin of Kate Middleton's old haunts.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Courtier

BBC News - Royal wedding: Who 'owns' Kate Middleton?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12381068

"Royal wedding: Kate Middleton Country coach tours begin."
Old 02-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20469696

Kate's fav foods and dessert
Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
People Mobile | News |

Kate's fav foods and dessert

Can you re-post? The link does not come up. Of could you tell some of the food.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Can you re-post? The link does not come up. Of could you tell some of the food.
Here you go:
Kate Middleton's Favorite Sticky Toffee Pudding - Celebrity Diners Club, Kate Middleton, The British Royals, Individual Class : People.com.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-princess.html

Cute article on Princess training-
Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness

All the articles and links are fascinating.

I'd like to think I'm fairly objective about Miss Middleton, as I am an American and do not have a large set of preconceived notions about how British young ladies should behave, or princesses, either. As an outsider, I read with interest how various British people think about the princess-to-be, and find the criticisms hard to understand.

I should state that I am a great admirer of British culture (your American Idol - type shows are so much better than ours!), and your comedies are so inspiring. We Americans may sometimes be accused of having no standards (we do have them!) but day to day, we are more bombarded with the asinine behavior of Charlie Sheen than anything remotely resembling royal doings.

So, to me, having "met" Kate Middleton only recently, through her engagement interview and mostly print pictures, I have to say I'm impressed. She seems to work at keeping her private feelings private (I like that), she seems intelligent and fair-minded, and most of all, she and Prince William seem to work as a team, they seem devoted to each other's comfort and happiness. They exhibit none of the rude jousting behaviors seen in so many public American courtships. She defers to him just the right amount (I would too, in that position, although I am a rather outspoken person), and she is taking her role seriously.

I dislike seeing so many expectations of her (especially regarding her "work"), as it would be perfectly fine, in their position, for her "work" to be mainly looking after him, herself and their relationship. That would be the best for any future children, as well.

Jobs that involve any public exposure are exhausting; those that involve more scrutiny are even more exhausting. She seems to be adapting graciously, but I know there must be constant strain. Most people do not have a job where their every public word is scrutinized, but if one has to speak regularly to even small groups of people, there's work there already - and she won't be paid for it. She's donating her love and time to Prince William (and by extension to the monarchy). If she decides she wants another job, that's fine, but if she were my daughter, I'd advise her to keep her time open for the duties that are going to keep piling up.

I don't remember anyone expecting Lady Diana Spencer to have an actual job, in fact, it was assumed she would no longer work at a pre-school (IIRC).

Once either of these two young people have committed themselves to any particular charitable enterprise, they will be expected to keep it up lifelong or be regarded as having "dropped" their interest/support, so they need to choose carefully.

Kate Middleton seems very capable of thinking all this through for herself, and it seems to me that she and Prince William, in arranging their own marriage, have possibly had more dialogue about all these issues than any potential King and Queen ever in British history. Prince William knows what happened to his mother, he's articulate, he shows every sign of being a man who is completely open with his future wife.

I like all of that, and I like them both. We have no one in America to compare to them (help me out, Americans, if you can...I can't think of anyone).
Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...oli-label.html

About Kates red outfit and her new Coat of Arms-
Old 03-07-2011, 04:14 AM
Gentry

A biography of Catherine Middleton

A biography of Catherine Middleton

Catherine Middleton - Family Photographs

Catherine Middleton - Family Photographs
Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Courtier

According to the biography she did a similar expedition with Raleigh International to Chile as William did.

According to an article found on the site, Kate's trip was in 2001. But it's just one more thing this couple has in common and have to share between them.

http://prince-william-royal-wedding....ate-middleton/
Old 03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Courtier

^contrary to how the media has played it out, i don't think she followed him there...didn't he go in 2002?
also, Diana wasnt expected to work AFTER the engagement...as Catherine isnt.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton's childhood pictures from first official biography | Mail Online

These photos are really beautiful!!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh those pictures are beautiful.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Royal Highness

Catherine was a sweet looking toddler. Boy this couple will have lovely children.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Royal Highness

Kate Middleton Barbie doll-
http://mobi.perezhilton.com/2011-03-...oyal-mint-doll
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Courtier

This is an article about Kate's lady bodyguard:

Husband of Kate Middleton's bodyguard was killed in freak skiing accident | Mail Online

The article itself is a bit sad and tragic, but there's a good photo of the bodyguard so you can identify her next time she's seen with Kate.

You can see her on the left side in this photo at St. Andrews:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/FppBv...Kate+Middleton
Old 03-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Serene Highness

There's an article with some information about Kate's team of wedding advisors (her sister and mother, naturally) but also a mention of whom she consulted in order to choose a dress designer:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Express Yourself :: Kate Middleton: Meet the team behind the Princess-To-Be

Clues continue to point to Alexander McQueen, although I'm curious about the style leanings of Alexandra Shulman after reading the artlcle.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family