General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
General News and Information for the Duchess of Cambridge

One the paper in Scotland that was covering the wedding that Pippa, Mike & Carole went mentioned the Cambridges would be in the Strathearn area of Scotland on May 29. With the usually 2 week notice, I would think we would see an announcement next week.

Childrens hospice week is june 13-20 which Kate will probably be involved with. Plus it will be garden party season in June. With William out of the RAF maybe the Cambridges will do Royal Ascot. There was also speculation in the French papers of the Cambridges being involved in the d-day anniversary.

Last edited:
Catherine has probably been at home with her son and husband, the same place her husband has been. William's first engagement since returning from Australia is on Monday.

Frankly I don't expect to see Catherine until the Trooping of Colour.

Um, no, Will's been in Memphis partying. Kate's been at home, getting Georgie used to the climate and time change.

William left for the US last Thursday and was home Monday morning. He been back in the UK for a while now.

Kate is probably spent the last 2 weeks baby proofing KP ahead of Cheeks becoming a walker while keeping a eye on the ongoing standoff between Lupo and George's wombat ;)

I love it cheeks!

He is very bonded with mum,and protective,making those faces on tour proved that.
I hope as he grows up out of his grumpy temperament and that he becomes a positive one

Grumpy???? Baby George is teething and making faces is what babies do!

Grumpy???? Baby George is teething and making faces is what babies do!

I'd much prefer George's "grumpy" face rather than the one where they scrunch up their facial muscles and start turning red. You know what's coming then. ;)

I don't think George is grumpy. I think he is opinionated.

He is going to grow up to be another Prince Philip.

In the meantime, I think he caught a cold from one of his NZ playmates and Kate is home taking care of him.

It must have been awful for him to be in a strange place, sick, teething, having only partial access to his mother and having to fly back & forth for long distances. (W&K said he didn't like the plane rides.)

(Of course, they couldn't say he was contaminated by a New Zealander but Kate's reaction spoke volumes when the mother of the sick child told Kate that her child had a cold and Kate stepped back.)

There is no evidence that George got sick from his baby play date in NZ. That was at the beginning of the tour. He won't have gone to the zoo in Sydney or been publicly been displayed boarding and departing planes if he was sick.

Of course, he doesn't like long airplane rides. Most adults won't enjoy being stuck on a plane for 20+ hours.

The Cambridges and their staff were going almost a month on tour. They aren't going to start doing engagements right after landing back home. William has engagements starting tomorrow and we should hear future Kate engagements pretty soon.

The Duchess of Cambridge diary of official engagements are being filled and those announcements will come. I think people have to learn to be patient about these things.

The Duchess of Cambridge diary of official engagements are being filled and those announcements will come. I think people have to learn to be patient about these things.

I think it would also make sense to realize that the number of official engagements that Kate does is not totally up to her. I am sure that she is consulted and works with her staff in filling her diary but we need to remember also that if she's doing it for "the Firm", "the Firm" also needs to put its seal of approval on it.

I'm sure Kate has plenty on her plate right now with the behind the scenes work that is very much needed before engagements and sometimes these are scheduled months in advance but just not announced until its closer to the date.

If there was any kind of comparison to make between Kate and Diana and engagements early on in their marriages, I think Kate would come up on top in that argument. It is well known that at the beginning, Diana had problems with doing the reading/paperwork before her engagements.

Kate is doing what she should be doing and if "the Firm" is happy with her sense of duty, then I'm not going to complain about it.

Last edited:
Although Kate does have a work-shy reputation from her youth that will be hard to shake, I think the RF is deliberately trying NOT to make her into a Diana.

I think William may be the force behind this.

She worked hard enough to make top grades and to get a good degree from a competitive university. She chose to work in the family business, and she chose to live her life as she saw fit. Do people really think that young people of means should always put in long hours, long weeks, and vacation-less years of work? I'm sure most people who are obliged to work extremely long hours would prefer to have well-to-do families who could make it possible for them to have pleasanter lives. My husband has been able to build a very successful career without neglecting his family and his household, and I would defy anyone to call him work-shy.

Criticizing Catherine for being "work-shy" is just a meme for those who enjoy being catty and snide about others who have the financial means to have a less stressed-out lifestyle. IMO

And when Queen Catherine is still putting in long years of work in her eighties and nineties, the rest of us pensioners will be playing bingo and dandling our great grandchildren. She will never be able to retire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mm...a lot of assumptions to address.

I am wealthy, I do not have to work, and although I have no judgment on anyone of means not working, I do take issue with "admiring" or looking up to someone who has made minimum contribution to society (does not have to be paid work by the way).

Kate does have the reputation of being work-shy (weather we like it or not). That is not to say that this will not change. It may very well be that she does build an impressive resume on social contribution. That would be excellent.

We will just have to wait and see. It may be that the RF thinks as you do. She has plenty of time and will not be able to retire...if she becomes queen and/or if the monarchy still exists.

We have to remember that Catherine was given the "work-shy" reputation by the media and those on the internet. They all had in mind what they wanted her to do career wise and when she didn't pick the jobs that they had in mind, people started developing a certain attitude against her. Catherine worked several jobs before becoming an HRH but it was the kind of jobs that others didn't care for.

There are a lot of things that Catherine is doing behind the scenes but a great deal of that don't come to light. We all know that when we don't see senior members of the royal family on public official engagements, they're not really sitting at home and watching TV all day and gossiping over the phone, but are in meetings, hosting lunches and planning their diary of official engagements. They all have rather busy lives and Prince George's arrival has made William & Catherine even more busy, despite them having a full-time nanny, Maria.

I think some of the royal reporters and correspondents have complained that a great deal of William & Catherine's official life isn't being applied as often as it should in the official Royal Court Circular as The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh and Prince of Wales for some reason. That's something that has to be worked out, IMO.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree, AfricanAussie as I do not think there are any assumptions made by ladongas. Nor do I think she hints at anyone admiring Kate.

I will agree with you both that I think it is unfair to criticize Kate's work habits since she came from a wealthy family and married into a wealthy family. I would LOVE not to have to work, and I love what I do.

Lastly, being a mother is the most important job in the world. It seems to me that Kate spends a lot more time with George than Diana and Charles did with William or Harry. I would never begrudge a mother's desire to stay home with her child(ren).

I don't believe it is fair to judge another human being because they aren't doing what I expect them to, though I don't have great expectations for others, only myself. As another poster noted earlier, if the Queen has no problem with the life the heir to the heir to the throne and his wife lead, then who are we to judge.

Ah Duchess, you are a good role model. Thank you for your respectful post.:flowers::flowers:

If this was true that Mr. Lauren was angered by the money he spent on this charity gala and ended up with a no show by the Duchess of Cambridge, it just shows me that you can't buy the royal family. It really does put Mr. Lauren in a pretty bad light if you ask me. It sounds like he was paying to have a "clothes horse" there to promote his clothing design line or something.

William and Kate sponsor their charities for the good of the charities and to bring their missions into a more public view so that people are more aware of and perhaps donate and support the charities themselves. William and not Kate is the patron/supporter of this charity and there really was no reason at all for Kate to attend.

I also find the supposition that William fears his wife will overshadow him quite laughable.

That Mail article is nonsense. Ralph Lauren donated an entire breast cancer center to the hospital. The dinner was planned months in advanced with knowledge of who would be attending. It's not like Ralph Lauren needs any publicity.

As for William being jealous, that's laughable. George would never been seen again since he steals both of their thunder :)

Yea, that article was rubbish. It wasn't a fashion event, it was to celebrate the new wing at the hospital and I'm sure arrangements were made months ago.

And I get the impression William quite likes having the attention off of himself. He's never sought it or enjoyed it and he seems quite proud of how much people like Kate.

I never thought the daily mail would find someone who was a worse liar than Otto (Katie Nichol) but look at them proving me wrong!!'

This is a huge insult to Ralph Lauren. He sponsored an entire cancer wing for the hospital and the dinner was to thank him and other people who have supported the hospital.
Ralph Lauren is a huge supporter of cancer charities worldwide, he had a brain tumor removed years back himself.

If he really wanted the duchess, all he had to do was support a charity that she is patron of!!

This is not the first dinner that William has hosted that Catherine has not attended, the winter wonderland one late last year is another example.
If you look at the couple's history, they rarely attend each other's charity events. They usually go solo for those.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:William in fears his wife will overshadow him..........that is the dumbest statement ever. PW is a very secure man in his own right as to who he is. He loves his wife deeply and it shows in their actions when they are together....you can't fake true love. He is sure of himself and loves it when his wife gets attention while they are out and about doing their job to support their charities and other in England and around the world. And PG, well as someone said earlier, he will steal all the shows when he is brought out, he wants all the spotlight for himself and he gets it at this age..........he is a real cutie!

A number of posts canvassing the royal and maternal qualities of Catherine vis-à-vis Diana and the marital and paternal virtues of William vis-à-vis his father have been edited or removed for obvious reasons.

Just as posting a link to the latest shock horror! exposé that's been concocted in the back room of a trash mag serves no practical purpose, linking to websites which fall into the category of 'rabid' is equally pointless.

A glance at the headings and content of the so-called "news stories" carried on the particular website which led to the current digression should make it pretty obvious they have been created by the bitter and twisted and cater to a like-minded audience.

Here's a sample...

Kate Middleton Insults Princess Diana and Queen Elizabeth [note the order]
Kate Middleton continues Australia Tour as "Modern Princess Diana"
Kate Middelton Baby MIDDLE Name Revealed – Honors Princess Diana but Camilla Parker-Bowles Furious/Enraged/Livid
Queen Elizabeth orders Camilla to stay a mile away from Kate and the Baby [for their safety, naturally]
Camilla furious over new Diana film
Kate Middleton's Baby already causing Royal Family Conflict says Princess Diana's Butler
Kate Middleton and Prince William Fight with Queen Elizabeth about Diana as Royal Baby Name [for Prince George?]
Prince William and Kate Middleton Think of Princess Diana and Fight Royal Tradition
Kate Middleton Birth Induced like Princess Diana's With Prince William?
Prince William Shares Baby Prince George and Kate Middleton with Princess Diana
Growing Pressure to Replace Charles as next King with William
Camilla Parker-Bowles Makes Kate Middleton Cry: Promises that William will leave her as Charles left Diana
Did Princess Diana's Mental Illness Cause Prince William to Marry Kate Middleton?
Are Prince William and Kate Middleton Using Princess Diana to gain Sympathy in Scandal?
Prince William and Kate Middleton Rebel Against Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles - Move to Capture the Throne?
Kate Middleton Fears for Baby's Safety [surely not death threats from Camilla!]

So while these stories in themselves may be amusing, or delusional, or even verge on the creepy, please don't make them topics of discussion by posting their links. Some members and readers may take them at face value and assume they are reports from the London papers without realising they are actually sourced from the dark and nasty rat holes of the internet

Warren
British Forums moderator

I really hope they sue the Daily Mail.

In this kind of situation, it would be as adding fuel to a fire. A reaction would bring the Daily Mail to cackle madly with glee, cause them to dance in the street drinking cheap wine and accosting innocents everywhere because they hit on a nerve they would feel that proved them right to print the crapoliosus extremus to an even more dastardly level.

Better to just leave it to line bird cages. ;)

I really hope they sue the Daily Mail.

I think it adds fuel to the fire either way.

I confess I would love to have media accountable for outright lies. How can this still be allowed to happen? I understand that freedom of speech allows for opinions but outright fabrications??

Why don't they sue?! It allows for anyone to believe they (the author) must be onto something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom