The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
Union flag lowered in Belfast after flying for royal birthday-
BBC News - Union flag lowered in Belfast after flying for royal birthday
I've a question. If Northern Ireland (the Loyalist) has a problem with observing flag days of their realm, what do they want to accomplish? Become a commonwealth nation of their own, join the Republic of Ireland or are they just being tempermental and call it Pictland or something?

Old 01-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Duchess of Cambridge's designer friend reissues chiffon dress Kate Middleton wore on Far East tour | Mail Online
Quote:
The Duchess, who turned 31 on Wednesday, wore the £540 dress to visit Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur's Assyakirin Mosque in September - sparking a stampede among fashion fans.

Beulah designer Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs is an old friend of the Duchess - and is engaged to her ex-boyfriend Rupert Finch.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Courtier

Kate Middleton: From her favourite neckline to the fabric she hates,everything you need to know about the Duchess | Mail Online
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Courtier

Kate Middleton was spotted today in Pret A Manger in London

Source Twitter
@maisiewillis
@norachou

Eliza Walker@elizarosewalker
Just saw Kate Middleton in south ken #greatspot #whatababe

She was spotted shopping on Kings Road.

Hannah Kay@HannahKayGR
Serving Kate Middleton was crazy #beauty

Caryse M@Brwneyegirl25
Looks like Kate was in Gap today!!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton's Nose Proves It: She's The Perfect Woman
Old 02-03-2013, 01:48 AM
Serene Highness

Some journalism really take idiocy to perfection.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I expected worse. It was an innocuous fluff piece compiling all the polls Kate's topped this year. Not that big a deal and hardly the dumbest thing I've seen the press do today.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I agree. It must have been a very slow news day.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I've a question. If Northern Ireland (the Loyalist) has a problem with observing flag days of their realm, what do they want to accomplish? Become a commonwealth nation of their own, join the Republic of Ireland or are they just being tempermental and call it Pictland or something?
The Loyalists doesn't have any problems with observing flag days, what they protest against is the fact that the British flag is no longer on display at the Belfast City Hall permanently. The Loyalists are those in Northern Ireland who wants to be a part of the U.K.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Courtier

Her next public engagement is on 17 March 2013, for the Irish Guards. Whether she turns up for this who knows?
She is clearly not bothered what the public think. She never really worked before she married anyway. I admire Chelsy for at least doing some work. Kate is just being overly pampered. And making excuses all the time.

I think her worst enemy will be indifference by the public towards her.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Her next public engagement is on 17 March 2013, for the Irish Guards. Whether she turns up for this who knows?
She is clearly not bothered what the public think. She never really worked before she married anyway. I admire Chelsy for at least doing some work. Kate is just being overly pampered. And making excuses all the time.

This is rather harsh. She has been unwell, but she is getting better. No one in their right mind would organise public engagements until they were sure she wouldn't throw up over the organisers.

If you read across the threads you would know that she has been in contact with her charities - she has visited the NPG, been exchanging art work with children for The Art Room, donated a baby hamper to EACH plus been in contact ... I know dthat off the top of my head.

As for 17th March, in fact it should be William attending as he is Colonel in Chief. Catherine did it last year because he was in the Falklands.

Why not just wait for the announcements?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:

You really don't care for Kate do,you?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Why not click on the link in 4Pam's post above? If there's one thing the public is not towards Kate it's indifferent. Good or bad, the interest in her is huge.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

I remember Kate did have a job and did work in London after graduating from St. Andrews... BUT the media hounded her so, that she eventually had to quit that job and go to work at the family business where hovering media would not be such a overwhelming problem.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
I remember Kate did have a job and did work in London after graduating from St. Andrews... BUT the media hounded her so, that she eventually had to quit that job and go to work at the family business where hovering media would not be such a overwhelming problem.
Yup. She's been under the media microscope since even before she left university- and dealt with it for nearly ten years without any official help from the palace as she wasn't yet a member of the royal family.

She really couldn't win- any job she worked outside of her family business lead to media harassment but when she opted to work for her parents, she was called lazy.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yup. She's been under the media microscope since even before she left university- and dealt with it for nearly ten years without any official help from the palace as she wasn't yet a member of the royal family.

She really couldn't win- any job she worked outside of her family business lead to media harassment but when she opted to work for her parents, she was called lazy.
It's a manefestation of inverted snobbery - some people do not like to see people move up the social ladder. Catherine marrying a future king; her parents working hard and becoming wealthy. Ridiculous. They should be congratulating this family.

Still - it will be good to see her out and about again with formal engagements.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge put up with a lot over the years because of her relationship with Prince William. What amazes me, she never let the pressure break her down. I'm sure she had her struggles with it and had the help of her family, Friends and William.

Despite everything, Her Royal Highness carries on with her head held high and a smile on her face. I think she's a strong woman and that's just what William needed in his life.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I´m afraid there is something worse than indifference, and that is resentment. That is my impression of the lastest comments in the press. And she´s dragging William along with her reputation. She´s not the lovely middle class down to earth girl who married Wiliam any more.(well she never was for me)

cepe, you are not including the donation of a hamper as "work", are you?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge has a pretty good reputation. Everyone who have met her on official engagements and on a personal level, has nothing but great things to say about her. Many of them enjoy talking to her and just getting to know her personally.

There's a great deal that's been made up about her by people who just don't like her. Not everyone will like her and she can't please everybody but there's been a great deal of unfair criticism directed her way.

I think she have her way of fighting back by just getting on with things and ignoring certain stuff and some people. She's married to the love of her life, doing her royal duties and supporting her charities. Now she's about to welcome her first child into the world. While some folks are busy being mean to her, her life is moving on.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I´m afraid there is something worse than indifference, and that is resentment. That is my impression of the lastest comments in the press. And she´s dragging William along with her reputation. She´s not the lovely middle class down to earth girl who married Wiliam any more.(well she never was for me)

cepe, you are not including the donation of a hamper as "work", are you?
Have you ever considered finding a subject to post about that you enjoy? Putting out some positive energy rather than constant negativity towards people you've never met?

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family