The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Courtier

and she's queen of the beauty poll
Kate is queen of the beauty poll | The Sun |News

Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

Spare a thought for the Duchess of Cambridge | Columnists | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Quote:
AS we fondly wish each other a Happy New Year (and I sincerely hope that comes true for you), let’s spare a special thought for the Duchess of Cambridge who is going through a sickness hell that we men can’t imagine in order to deliver a future heir to the throne.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Majesty

I must say my thoughts are too with the Cambridges during this New Year Season. I hope Catherine's sickness will just ease away so she can go on to have a beautiful pregnancy in the New Year.

I also thought the idea of her not being titled Queen in the future is a slap in her face and William's face. This young lady deserves to be called William's Queen Consort.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton as you have never seen her before: Duchess of Cambridge is portrayed in jelly beans, Marmite and Lego | Mail Online
Quote:
The first official portrait of the Duchess of Cambridge will be unveiled any day now.
The painter believed to have created the picture, which will hang in the National Portrait Gallery, is Paul Emsley, a 65-year-old Wiltshire artist famed for his extrordinarily realistic, almost photographic, portraits.
With Emsley’s picture likely to divide opinion — art critic Brian Sewell has branded his work ‘sickening’ — the Mail commissioned eight artists, from a four-year-old with a box of crayons to a fine artist with a jar of Marmite, to present Kate as you’ve never seen her before.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really like the one done with the jelly beans the best. Its perfectly Kate even down to the sparkle in her eyes.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Majesty

I can't wait to see Catherine's first official portrait.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Royal Highness

WOW ,, That's really an Amazing Art ,,, I liked the one with jelly beans & toast ,, So nice ,,, Thank you for Posting
Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

This article is mostly about Diana's work with landmines but I enjoyed the mention of Kate

Quote:
Now Sandra is a married mother of three – and dreams that one day Prince William’s wife will carry on his mother’s good work.
She said: ‘Princess Diana helped our country. It is a much safer place thanks to her. I would like to meet “Princess Kate”. I have heard that she is doing a lot of charity work and I think she must continue what Princess Diana started. She should come to Angola.’ Sandra, who watched Kate’s wedding to Prince William on the internet and was delighted by news of her pregnancy
Pictured 16 years on: The brave girl Sandra Tigica who won Diana's heart after losing leg in an Angolan landmine blast | Mail Online

I'm just curious are royals allowed to become patrons of anti landmine campaigns? I'm just wondering because I remember Diana got alot of flack for it back in the day. I remember reading something about her melding in politics by supporting it.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
This article is mostly about Diana's work with landmines but I enjoyed the mention of Kate

Pictured 16 years on: The brave girl Sandra Tigica who won Diana's heart after losing leg in an Angolan landmine blast | Mail Online

I'm just curious are royals allowed to become patrons of anti landmine campaigns? I'm just wondering because I remember Diana got alot of flack for it back in the day. I remember reading something about her melding in politics by supporting it.
Thank you for posting
Old 01-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Serene Highness

The Himalayan Times : From an ordinary girl to Duchess - Detail News : Nepal News Portal
Quote:
Kate came from a working-class stock of coal miners and builders. Her maternal grandmother, Dorothy Goldsmith, became the first member of the family to attempt to improve the family’s social and economic status. She pushed her children to aim high and, as such, Kate’s mother became an airline hostess.
By the time Kate was born, her mother was already looking for new ways to climb the social ladder. In 1987, Kate’s mother founded her own mail-order party goods company, with ambitions of sending her children to private schools. The business was a surprise success, making the Middleton family multi-millionaires.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Courtier

Great article thanks for sharing!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

Union flag will be raised at dawn to mark the Duchess of Cambridge's birthday - ITV News
Quote:
Union flag will be raised at dawn to mark the Duchess of Cambridge's birthday
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Serene Highness

The Union flag will be flown with pride along the Shankill and throughout Ulster. For God and Ulster!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Majesty

I think there are church bells rung on royal birthdays on one of the estates too. I think it's at Sandringham.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think its neat that there is such a salute to Kate on her birthday. Isn't there a special 21 gun salute or something similar that is done when a heir to the throne is born?

Also learned something new today. If one posts several posts with related links instead of editing and adding to one post, one only gets 1 more post to their credit. This old goat learns something new every day.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Majesty

Yeah, I think when the baby is born there will be a 21+ gun salute.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton Fun Facts and Information
Quote:
31 REASONS WE LOVE BIRTHDAY GIRL KATE MIDDLETON
Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Found this one too
Kate Middleton's birthday: As the Duchess of Cambridge turns 31, we celebrate 31 of her dazzling looks | Mail Online
Old 01-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Thanks for this! Very cute article.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Majesty

Video:
Union flag lowered in Belfast after flying for royal birthday-
BBC News - Union flag lowered in Belfast after flying for royal birthday

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family