General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean exactly in a precise, exact way. Kate looks like her mother, minus all the wrinkles and aging. I definitely see it.

I think I see what you mean - they look very much alike, but are not clones.

I think I see what you mean - they look very much alike, but are not clones.

Catherine has her mother's figure, but she is a lot taller. I haven't seen to many photos of her father, so I don't know as yet if she takes after him too.:flowers:

Kate certainly has a willowy look, great for wearing fashion, fun for us to look at. Imagine how tall their kid's will be?!!
I admit, I thought she was boring for many years, she never spoke and looked grumpy a lot. Turns out she was just clever at keeping a low profile, on purpose it seems. I apologise for that judgment, I was wrong, for when I heard her speak at the engagment call, she was well spoken, and very engaging I thought. She has the kind of smile that lights up her whole face, glad we will see more of it in future.

Kate certainly has a willowy look, great for wearing fashion, fun for us to look at. Imagine how tall their kid's will be?!!
I admit, I thought she was boring for many years, she never spoke and looked grumpy a lot. Turns out she was just clever at keeping a low profile, on purpose it seems. I apologise for that judgment, I was wrong, for when I heard her speak at the engagment call, she was well spoken, and very engaging I thought. She has the kind of smile that lights up her whole face, glad we will see more of it in future.
It's difficult to say that kids will be taller than parents,look at Princess Michael of Kent,she is very tall for a womam,but her children are just tall like parents and no more

It's difficult to say that kids will be taller than parents,look at Princess Michael of Kent,she is very tall for a womam,but her children are just tall like parents and no more
The body size is inherited to a certain extent.

The actual achieved size depends also on the quality of food of the people, especially the intake of protein. The individual genetic constitution limits the size to a maximum. You inherit a range or parameters. How tall you actually will be, or where the final result of your size is in the range, depends on environmental factors. Since environmental factors have not improved significantly in recent decades (since the 70's) , the children of William and Catherine will not be (probably) much bigger than they are. I would guess a height for C + W's children: Girls about 180cm, Boys 195 cm. So similar or only slightly taller than C and W.

I come from a tall family myself. I'm 177cm, my dad 194cm, my mum 175cm, my sister 175cm, grandma 172cm, father's sisters 175cm, their children/cousin 190cm (male), 176cm (female),.... although the parents are already quite tall, me, my sis., cousins don't become a lot taller. There seems to be a border somewhere.

i read somewhere she is 5'8 and Pippa 5'4...i wonder if someone can confirm that?

Well, isn't William 6'3" or so? In heels, she appears to be several inches shorter than he. So I'm inclined to believe the 5' 8" number.

Interesting tidbit on Kate's and Will's personality as seen from their handwriting:

Kate Middleton, fiance of Prince William
Prince William of Wales

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

I seem to recall that Diana always felt she was born to be a princess one day. I wonder if Catherine Middleton of the Middle Class felt the same? The way she seems to ex-out the M in her last name ist interesting. Makes one curious how she will sign the wedding registry as Catherine Mountbatten-Windsor. Will she ex-out the M there as well? Maybe we'll be able to see.

My last name begins with an "M", and I remember trying many different ways to write it when I was in high school, and Catherine's way was one of the variations I tried out. I ended up using another type of "M", but I don't think there is anything to this...just someone wanting to jump on the bandwagon.

My last name begins with an "M", and I remember trying many different ways to write it when I was in high school, and Catherine's way was one of the variations I tried out. I ended up using another type of "M", but I don't think there is anything to this...just someone wanting to jump on the bandwagon.

That is interesting, my last name begins with an "M" as well and I guess I have also written it in several styles. According to me I still do at times, I don't always write in the same style - depending on my mood at the moment.

What does that say about my character? :lol:

Last edited:
Kate Middleton Quits Party Pieces : People.com

I am very curious to the reactions...

However, the article mentions that the original source is The Daily Mail, so it may just be another piece of nonsense. Think of it what you will ;)

With the Daily Mail, I definitely take their information with a grain of salt. And I suspect we will get the normal "nastygram" posts from its readers. With that in mind, it does sound like Kate had a normal workload working with and for her parents. Of course, its subjective. The same people will question her work eithic and commitment because they didn't see her go to work everyday and because she had a flexible schedule.

And again, as someone who has worked for myself (as a realtor during the height of the boom), there are plenty of times that it appeared that I wasn't working during normal work hours. But I was very busy nontheless. Its all about time management and good work ethic. There are plenty of people in the workforce who don't fit into the mold of what is considered working. And they all work very hard.

I doubt very much that she has an actual account.

i think William does, called Wills wombat wales....read it in some online newspaper article

If this is the same article that I read yesterday, it says more about Kate's job at Party Pieces than has been talked about before. I think it says that she was in charge of marketing? That's definitely NOT a non-job, then. I'd had the feeling that Kate had a "real job" with her parents, and I'm glad that some details have come out about it--even if it is the Daily Mail.:lol:

With that in mind, it does sound like Kate had a normal workload working with and for her parents. Of course, its subjective. The same people will question her work eithic and commitment because they didn't see her go to work everyday and because she had a flexible schedule.

All the articles and links are fascinating.

I'd like to think I'm fairly objective about Miss Middleton, as I am an American and do not have a large set of preconceived notions about how British young ladies should behave, or princesses, either. As an outsider, I read with interest how various British people think about the princess-to-be, and find the criticisms hard to understand.

I should state that I am a great admirer of British culture (your American Idol - type shows are so much better than ours!), and your comedies are so inspiring. We Americans may sometimes be accused of having no standards (we do have them!) but day to day, we are more bombarded with the asinine behavior of Charlie Sheen than anything remotely resembling royal doings.

So, to me, having "met" Kate Middleton only recently, through her engagement interview and mostly print pictures, I have to say I'm impressed. She seems to work at keeping her private feelings private (I like that), she seems intelligent and fair-minded, and most of all, she and Prince William seem to work as a team, they seem devoted to each other's comfort and happiness. They exhibit none of the rude jousting behaviors seen in so many public American courtships. She defers to him just the right amount (I would too, in that position, although I am a rather outspoken person), and she is taking her role seriously.

I dislike seeing so many expectations of her (especially regarding her "work"), as it would be perfectly fine, in their position, for her "work" to be mainly looking after him, herself and their relationship. That would be the best for any future children, as well.

Jobs that involve any public exposure are exhausting; those that involve more scrutiny are even more exhausting. She seems to be adapting graciously, but I know there must be constant strain. Most people do not have a job where their every public word is scrutinized, but if one has to speak regularly to even small groups of people, there's work there already - and she won't be paid for it. She's donating her love and time to Prince William (and by extension to the monarchy). If she decides she wants another job, that's fine, but if she were my daughter, I'd advise her to keep her time open for the duties that are going to keep piling up.

I don't remember anyone expecting Lady Diana Spencer to have an actual job, in fact, it was assumed she would no longer work at a pre-school (IIRC).

Once either of these two young people have committed themselves to any particular charitable enterprise, they will be expected to keep it up lifelong or be regarded as having "dropped" their interest/support, so they need to choose carefully.

Kate Middleton seems very capable of thinking all this through for herself, and it seems to me that she and Prince William, in arranging their own marriage, have possibly had more dialogue about all these issues than any potential King and Queen ever in British history. Prince William knows what happened to his mother, he's articulate, he shows every sign of being a man who is completely open with his future wife.

I like all of that, and I like them both. We have no one in America to compare to them (help me out, Americans, if you can...I can't think of anyone).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom