The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post

I think this is true of any famous person or in this instance, commoner who marries a royal. Jealousy and bitterness sometimes cloud one's ability to be objective about a person. We see Kate doing something that all little girls dream of doing (who doesn't want to be the Queen of England one day?) and the cattiness comes out. We call her names, insinuate she's a gold-digging opportunist, we make fun of the way she looks or how she talks, we believe any rumor that is printed about her.......it's what happens when you're on the outside looking in, and you want it to be the other way around.

She's living a fairy tale -- literally. That doesn't happen to everybody.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Courtier

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
It's quite "cruel" article,maybe some things have truth ,but still there is too much hatred in this article.I am not a fan of Kate,but there are too many poisonous articles on her,exagerating her as a "social climbers",the other members of royal families were much more worse indeed.
I see in such articles poorely hidden "envie" and the desire to destroy "Kate's public image".Sometimes I have a feeling that someone in power has a lot of hatred against Kate.
Maybe I am wrong,this is my subjective opinion.
The author seems to feel sorry for Kate from what I read. Are you thinking he's being sarcastic?? I don't care for her myself but I don't hate her and there's no jealousy either. He's far too young for me and I wouldn't have shot in hell if I were his age.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Serene Highness

I also read it like the reporter was criticizing the 'bitterness' towards Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I think this is true of any famous person or in this instance, commoner who marries a royal. Jealousy and bitterness sometimes cloud one's ability to be objective about a person. We see Kate doing something that all little girls dream of doing (who doesn't want to be the Queen of England one day?) and the cattiness comes out. We call her names, insinuate she's a gold-digging opportunist, we make fun of the way she looks or how she talks, we believe any rumor that is printed about her.......it's what happens when you're on the outside looking in, and you want it to be the other way around.

She's living a fairy tale -- literally. That doesn't happen to everybody.

[btw, off topic maybe, I must congratulate the members of TRF. Even if we don't agree in everything, the majority of people here seemed to be able to construct arguments around a thread. Far different from another forum that I had the displeasure of checking out. There you can definitely see bitterness and child-like comments. Jezz, I wonder if they know how stupid they look?! ]
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Courtier

well, her eyes are green, its on the hello website.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness

29 Surprising facts about Kate
Old 01-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
well, her eyes are green, its on the hello website.
Well, a friend of mine who had the pleasure to meet Kate in the real life (just to look at her,not speak) has revealed that her eyes are blue(dark)-green ,so mixed and not clearly green
Old 01-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Hmmm, I guess I read the article differently. I saw it as sympathetic to Katherine and actually citing all the really nasty stuff out there..
That's how I read it too. More of a criticism of the people who are being unkind to Kate
Old 01-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine2109
Wow she is tall! Didn't she also do some work in the same place PW went in Chilli before/after him (this is before they were dating I believe)?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Wow she is tall! Didn't she also do some work in the same place PW went in Chilli before/after him (this is before they were dating I believe)?
Yes, just months apart. In one of those programs aired days after the announcement, a former leader of the expedition talked about them.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine2109 View Post
I think the writer is rather loose on the "facts". According to many other reports....

Kate is 5'10" not 5'11". The same height as Princess Diana.

Kate DOES drink alcohol, although she doesn't over indulge.

Kate's eye color is hazel-blue/green. They can appear green or blue depending on what she is wearing and the lighting.

As for the rest.....if the writer couldn't get the basics right, then I have to imagine the rest is rather loosely factual as well.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh wow she's tall! I figured though cause when she stands by Will there's not much of a height difference. If I stood by Will I'd be just above his waist! :)
Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Royal Highness

Cute article-

Kate Middleton's Postman Delivers Mail Without an Address : People.com
Old 01-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
BUCKLEBURY, BERKSHIRE - JANUARY 09: Kate Middleton's mother Carole Middleton and brother James Middleton is sighted leaving their home on January 9, 2011 in Bucklebury, Berkshire.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 01-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine2109 View Post
Thank You,but why they wrote 30th birthday,when she is only 29?
Her mother seems to be a woman with strong personality,but the brother does not seem to be sure as his sisters do
Old 01-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine2109
Kate is looking exactly like her mother every day.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know if Kate actually speaks any foreign languages?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Courtier

^Read somewhere thats she's learning Welsh.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Does anyone know if Kate actually speaks any foreign languages?

My guess is that she speaks at least some Italian, as she has spent part of her Gapyear there
Old 01-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Kate is looking exactly like her mother every day.
I would say she takes after her mother in coloring and her eyes, but exactly like her? No. I don't see it.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat

I would say she takes afhas her mother's coloring and her eyes, but exactly like her? No. I don't see it.
I didn't mean exactly in a precise, exact way. Kate looks like her mother, minus all the wrinkles and aging. I definitely see it.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family