The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-28-2012, 02:16 AM
Serene Highness

So did anyone see that there is another program on the tele with the Duchess and Harry? I just caught a glimpse of the commercial and I believe they said its on the 30th? This is not the one on the 29th. Or maybe it is. Just want to make sure we dont miss anything. :)

Old 05-28-2012, 03:18 AM
Majesty

I'll post this in the Queen and DoE thread as well. It's always lovely to see that Catherine is liked by Her Majesty.

'Make-do-and-mend Queen likes thrifty Kate's wardrobe choices' - Telegraph

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach View Post
I don't know how these princesses manage to be so trim with all of the banqueting, etc, that they have to do. I suppose it is discipline, discipline, discipline.
I have wondered that myself.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach
I don't know how these princesses manage to be so trim with all of the banqueting, etc, that they have to do. I suppose it is discipline, discipline, discipline.
well, think about all the help they get from their staff and how much time it liberates to do sport, go to the gym and in general, be healthy! gaining weight is usually a factor caused by stress, yet having help eases your life. that paired with access to a good gym, a good trainer, a good nutritionist... it doesn't seem a specially hard life. most of their "work" has to do with image.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although they're called banquets, I don't see the servings and the amount of food being over the top. Usually when you think banquet, you imagine a gluttonous feast in the style of Henry VIII or something. I kind of picture the servings being smaller and artistically decorated such as one would see on a gourmet cooking show.

Then again, if their duties are taking them several places where they're expected to have meals, they could most likely nibble a little bit of everything.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

royal cousins

do you think kate is friends with princess diana nieces i read somewhere that chelsy davy is kinda friends with lady kitty and i though maybe she was friends with kate
Old 06-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think so but I think William and Harry have some contact with the Spencers. Kate may know them through William. I've never read about any relatonship between Kate and the Spencers, though I don't have the much knowledge of Kate's life outside of William.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think that William & Kate interact with Earl Spencer's children. They are considerably younger than William. Plus the older ones live in South Africa. The African connection is what probably brought Chesly & Kitty together if they are friends.

Will & Kate went to Laura Fellow's wedding (Diana's sister Jane's girl). When Wills got his RAF wings his aunt Sarah was there. So if he close to any Spencer cousins - it more likely to be Jane & Sarah's kids not Earl Spencer. However, I don't think he is really close with the Spencer side. His closest cousins appear to be Peter & Zara.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate's wedding perfume now available in the U.S.

Kate Middleton
Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post

Will & Kate went to Laura Fellow's wedding (Diana's sister Jane's girl). When Wills got his RAF wings his aunt Sarah was there. So if he close to any Spencer cousins - it more likely to be Jane & Sarah's kids not Earl Spencer. However, I don't think he is really close with the Spencer side. His closest cousins appear to be Peter & Zara.

I read someplace that William was furious about Earl Spencer's speech at Diana's funeral and has always held it against him.
He and Harry didn't even go to the earl's wedding last summer.

I also think they are closer to their cousins on the Windsor side (probably because they spent more time with them when they were growing up).
Old 06-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have read that William and Harry are close with Kitty and her sisters; when they were the wedding I recall Harry or William laughing with the Earl.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Please note that any discussion regarding the relationship that William and/or Harry have with the Spencer family should be posted Spencer Relationships .

Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Duchess of Cambridge has spent £35k on her wardrobe this year - and it's Prince Charles who foots the bill | Mail Online
Old 06-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Now that's interesting.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Courtier

And yet only maybe Letizia spend less than her
Old 06-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
And yet only maybe Letizia spend less than her
Letizia is a CP, Kate is not.

I wonder how many hand made suits, shoes etc will be covered by 35.000 GBP in Charles's clothing budget three or four?
So paying for Kate's clothes is like petty cash to him.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I wonder how many hand made suits, shoes etc will be covered by 35.000 GBP in Charles's clothing budget three or four?
Petty cash to him but not the rest of the us, Charles volunteered to pay for Catherine's clothes so who would be paying if he didn't?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

If that is what the Duchess spends considering her very limited official duties, just imagine what other princesses spend on their wardrobes.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Both Letizia and Kate fashion are pretty much high street.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Petty cash to him but not the rest of the us, Charles volunteered to pay for Catherine's clothes so who would be paying if he didn't?
For me the working wardrobe of one of the core royals should not be paid for privately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Both Letizia and Kate fashion are pretty much high street.
But the amount of public events = required wardrobe is very, very different.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family