The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
All nonsense. Your hair is your hair. You cannot make it thicker, you can add gloss.
\
The texture, gloss and volume of my hair changed when I lost a lot of voluntary weight. I was advised to add more olive oil to my diet which did help restore my hair to its original condition. A certain amount of the good fat does help.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk
I see a Palace announcement next year for a Royal Baby. Am certain nothing will happen this year! Maybe around July/August 2013.

Kate Middleton: Will Duchess of Cambridge feel trapped in Princess Diana's prison? | Mail Online
Me to Angieuk! I'm sure she's under a lot of pressure.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Perfect Princess: Duchess of Cambridge’s Spectacular Year
Quote:
What a difference a year makes. Or, in the case of the Duchess of Cambridge, does not. Which is precisely why the first year of Catherine, the future queen of Great Britain, has been such a success. We know very little more about her now than we did when she walked down the aisle of Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011, in that ravishing Alexander McQueen dress, which, by combining elegance, tradition, and not a hint of sex, knocked the spots off any royal bride in recent history. And left the sex to her sister Pippa Middleton’s bottom.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Majesty

Artemisia, thank you for the article. Catherine indeed hasn't put a foot wrong, and is very relatable. She's not a spotlight hog, and knows that her job is to mostly hang back (unless she's doing solo engagements). I think she's doing a great job. I also love the fact that William and Catherine lead a relatively quiet private life. They won't be able to do that when he's the Heir Apparent. They're both very mature and grounded individuals, and are very aware of what will be ahead.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton a Royal switch from Princess Diana
Quote:
A year into her life as a royal, it's become clear The Duchess of Cambridge - Kate, to most Canadians - is no Princess Diana. And experts on the monarchy couldn't be more pleased. That is, where Prince William's mother claimed to have felt isolated, unsupported and overwhelmed, his bride has been embraced by her new family, mentored in her duties, and seems a natural in her new role.
Kate Middleton's uncanny knack of knowing her place keeps the royals regal!
Quote:
Kate Middleton's called "The Perfect Princess" as she rounds the last corner of her first year of marriage. With Kate almost out of the newlywed phase, time-wise that is, reflecting on her last year reveals a young woman who did become the perfect princess to the public and her new extended regal family. While Kate's captured the hearts of the world, she's more importantly appeared to have captured the hearts of her new in-laws, which wasn't going to come as an easy task, the royal watchers thought when she first joined the regal bunch.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 AM
Majesty

Interesting reads. I think the key to her success is the fact that she does indeed step back when necessary. I have a feeling that if she were to put herself forward more, there would have been issues, and no one wants or needs that to happen. I know that many feel she should be out and about more, but I'm in the camp of letting her do this at her own pace, which appears to be the pace agreed upon by those that advise her as well as her in-laws. Her job right now is to step out, but in a gradual manner, and if one thinks about her recent engagements, that's exactly what she did. She made her first public speech, and made sure to mention her husband, to show that they're indeed a team, even if the charity she was visiting was technically her patronage. Things like this will make her life as a royal a lot more smoother, and the support she's getting from the higher-ups is wonderful to see. There's no hint of isolation, or tension (at least not in front of the cameras).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Video: Middleton sisters on Time 100 list for being 'style icons' - Telegraph
Old 04-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Sister act: Kate and Pippa make the cut on 'Time's top 100 list
Duchess of Cambridge and Pippa Middleton named on Time's Most Influential list - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-22-2012, 03:52 AM
Courtier

Looking at the close-up photo I had not realised how 'panda-black' her eye-make up was, and dare I say it ---- the fringe top of her hair was not combed smooth, unless it was meant to be wavy?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ing-bride.html
Old 05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Forgive me your Royal Hairness but it's time for the chop!
Quote:
No one can be in doubt that The Duchess of Cambridge has behaved impeccably in her first year of marriage to Prince William. Middle-class Middleton has crossed the class divide with grace — she’s courteous, elegant and never stops smiling, especially when her beloved husband is at her side. But is it just me or has something rather strange happened to Kate recently? It’s not her whittled-down waist. Nor is it her fashion sense, the love of High Street brands such as Reiss and LK Bennett, which earns her brownie points with the public and is turning her into a fashion icon.
I am often among those who don't like Kate's less than creative ways with her hair; it's basically the same style nearly on all occasions.
However, after reading this article I have a sudden urge to defend Kate: it's her hair - if she likes it long, why should she chop them?
Old 05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, exactly. A lot of women would give their eye-teeth for hair like Kate's. It's a wonderful feature to have, and this is the time of life to enjoy it most. There are a lot of things that can be done with long hair. I've always had short hair, and sometimes I'd just love to be able to put it up in something elegant.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

Kate looks fine with her long hair, in a way it's how she is known and when the tine comes that she wants a hair cut then she will get one, I dont think she would ever let it grow up to her derier, that would be going too far, and I guess the only hair snipping is her ends.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I like style and variation in long hair since the length lends itself to versatility and would love to see Kate avail herself of different hairstyles. But I think she can afford to trim a few inches off her length; it's certainly gotten longer and she wouldn't sacrifice a lot by doing so.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate's hair isn't even long, it is below the shoulder length. I've seen women who have fallen into the trend of having hair to the mid back and it is usually very beautiful to see. I am stunned by anyone who thinks Kate should cut her hair at all; not only is it messing with a good thing but since when is below the shoulder hair "too long". Long hair when done right is beautiful and fantastic to look at, the only thing Kate could do is take advantage of the length and style it in different ways.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

If she cuts her hair the tabs will jump on the "something must be wrong between Will & Kate" bandwagon.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Courtier

I believe that Catherine has a lot of natural curl in her hair( and fuzz) so it could be hard to control if she cut it.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
Forgive me your Royal Hairness but it's time for the chop!
I am often among those who don't like Kate's less than creative ways with her hair; it's basically the same style nearly on all occasions.
However, after reading this article I have a sudden urge to defend Kate: it's her hair - if she likes it long, why should she chop them?
True... And what if the prince likes her hair that way!!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Rebecca Deacon: The woman behind the Duchess
Kate Middleton's PA Rebecca Deacon is becomingly increasingly important in royal circles - hellomagazine.com

Quote:
The Duchess, Holly and Kate are most 'inspirational beauties'
http://www.hellomagazine.com/healtha...ence-campaign/
Old 05-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

I really like her brown jacket. She looks nice
Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Rebecca Deacon, the woman behind the Duchess of Cambridge
Rebecca Deacon, la mujer detrás de la duquesa de Cambridge

Google Google Translate