General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of Kate's outfits have been lovely. I'm surprised it's not more than 35K. If I recall Diana spent considerably more even though she did have a higher profile position being the wife of the heir.

LaRae

£105,000 the TRUE bill for Kate's clothes: That's far more than the £35k reported.
So it’s estimated that Kate’s clothing has cost Prince Charles £35,000 just since the beginning of the year. It is a princely sum. But Femail has delved more deeply into the Duchess of Cambridge’s wardrobe, and discovered that the ensembles she has worn over the past 12 months come in at just over £105,000. While Prince Charles will have footed the bill for the outfits Kate wore to official functions, it is unclear who will have covered the cost of the rest, though they will include items she owned before she joined the Royal Family.

It's silly really she is a lot more frugal then some royal princesses on the continent.who wear top designer labels all the time .some of them must spend a couple hundred thousand a year on clothes alone. Not including accessories

Kate is cheap to some of them and gets more bang for the buck if you ask me.plus she wears British designers and that helps British businesses .not some French or Italian fashion house

It's not as if Catherine was a poor girl from the streets when William "found" her. Of course she has invested in appropriate clothing before she got married - how dare the DM add up the money for these clothes to their list of "costs"? Why not add the price of her engagement ring to it as well? They should compare her to Samantha Cameron or any other lady who attends official functions in an official role. It would show that Catherine is very cost-conscious, IMHO.

Well Catherine isn't spending more, Charles is. But it makes sense for someone to document the true amount of her clothes. It would come to light in the expenditure report anyway.

It won't come to light in the accounts. From what I can see Charles's costs are rolled up in a total that doesn't set out the cost of clothes for them all, let alone for Kate on her own. The figure will probably be higher because of the extremely busy year they've all had, but it would be inaccurate to look at the figures and say well costs are £150k up on last year so that's what Kate's spending on clothes. I suspect that's what the media will do anyway, but it will be disingenuous to do so.

If it's all 'rounded up' costs are going to be more than 105k as you've got the include the amount of travel done etc.

Kate came to the family with her own clothes too...and she's had a few years to get a wardrobe together, her family aren't paupers either. The media really annoy me. They are trying to make her into another Diana.

LaRae

Pranter said:
Kate came to the family with her own clothes too...and she's had a few years to get a wardrobe together, her family aren't paupers either. The media really annoy me. They are trying to make her into another Diana.

LaRae

While they compare Diana and Catherine a lot, I don't think anyone wants another Diana and an article on expenditure has nothing to do with Di.

As for her clothes, I believe we have only seen a few (none I can personally remember) outfits from Catherine's pre engagement days, everything is brand new.

While they compare Diana and Catherine a lot, I don't think anyone wants another Diana and an article on expenditure has nothing to do with Di.

As for her clothes, I believe we have only seen a few (none I can personally remember) outfits from Catherine's pre engagement days, everything is brand new.

They were not all from current collections and she even borrowed a dress from her mother. OTOH I had the feeling that she gave Pippa her Issa-dress and that Pippa had it recoloured, as the violettish red has been no current fashion colour but could well be achieved by recolouring a former blue dress.
So I have the feeling that Catherine spends cost-conciously and that's all that counts for me. Of course she is in a very different situation from most women, so I don't know what the papers seek to achieve on writing about this topic.

Maybe Catherine has already selected the dresses she will auction off to charity in 10 years time - and if so, would it be better then that she spends money on her dresses?

"But Femail has delved more deeply into the Duchess of Cambridge’s wardrobe, and discovered that the ensembles she has worn over the past 12 months come in at just over £105,000.

Read more: Kate Middleton's £105k wardrobe: Duchess of Cambridge is worth every penny, says LIZ JONES | Mail Online

ok, 105K in 12 months, 35K in 6 months. so her expenditure has gone down. well, kudos to her then. this is a 'business expense'. just happens that her 'business is PR. i think that newspapers just don't have enough to write about!!

Let's assume it's truth - now off-set it against the £80,000 she helped to raise for EACH just by wearing their charity bracelet. I think that's vfm

Speaking of Catherine cooking, how good of a cook do you think she is? She has specialties down by heart or you think she has a lot of cookbooks? I wonder how she learned, from her mom or was it just time and practice.

Let's assume it's truth - now off-set it against the £80,000 she helped to raise for EACH just by wearing their charity bracelet. I think that's vfm

I bought 5 of the EACH bracelets and gave them to friends (along with a copy of the DM article explaining) - people love it so they can tell the story when asked - because when you wear a purple and orange bracelet looking like candy you will get asked. :D

That is so strange to think about. Im sure Catherine would have learned a few cooking techniques from mom of course. Cookbooks? Maybe. Im sure she can hold her own in the kitchen. I just keep picturing her with people cooking for her. I actually wonder if she really does any cooking at all.

Like me, Kate will almost certainly have studied Home Economics for several years while at school. On top of that, she probably got better at it when she went away to university and had to make her own meals.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I had no idea how to work a washing machine until I was about to leave for uni and my mum taught me how to do it. It's amazing the things you learn to do when you're suddenly having to fend for yourself.

With the abundance of fresh fish in Anglesey, I'm sure she must prepare a seafood dish or two. Didn't she make a fish in parchment dinner for their first wedding anniversary, or was it chicken in parchment? Either way, that shows a familiar hand in the kitchen.

I think that she learnt it from her mother who is a good cooker. And i also believe that she cooks their meals when they are at Anglesey ;)

I love it...I think she is probably a pretty good cook and does as much cooking as time allows. She probably learned from her mother and maybe her dad. I think they did the family style meals, where everyone pitched in. She probably, also took some Home Economics in school and uses cookbooks. I heard somewhere that she talks to the chefs at Buck House and Clarence House...wouldn't that be fun!!!

:previous:
Pippa attended cookery courses, so it is well possible Kate did too.

Please note that several posts have been deleted as off topic.

I never took home ec in highschool? I don't remember why though. It's often joked about where I'm from that college students live off ramen and grilled cheese sandwiches. I know it college the only food I cooked was hot pockets. The microwave was my friend. :D
Anyone who truly knows how to cook a meal is wonderful to me.

I never took home ec in highschool? I don't remember why though. It's often joked about where I'm from that college students live off ramen and grilled cheese sandwiches. I know it college the only food I cooked was hot pockets. The microwave was my friend. :D
Anyone who truly knows how to cook a meal is wonderful to me.

I was exactly the same and I hate cooking:whistling:
but now I have two baby daughters so I had to learn :lol:

During their engagement's interview William and Kate talked aboutcooking during Uni
here's the video

Prince William And Kate's First Interview Since Getting Engaged - YouTube

Please note that posts regarding William and Diana have been deleted as off topic.

The topic is General Information on the Duchess of Cambridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom