The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Must be another slow news day at the DM. Like you, I'm taking this article with a very big grain of salt. It sounds like the author just took some random idea he/she had and stuck them together, then tried to pass them all off as the truth. Good grief.
No doubt more misinformation as with William and Kate's New Year's plans. I smell red herring!

Old 01-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
No doubt more misinformation as with William and Kate's New Year's plans. I smell red herring!
Ditto. I think we'll be surprised once again to learn that they were doing something that's the exact opposite of what the press thinks. I hope it's a low-key affair for her sake. It's her birthday, and no one deserves to have his/her plans splattered all over the press. She already shared her wedding with us, and I have no doubt that in the future we'll be seeing some other more 'personal' events photographed, but right now, she deserves to have a quiet birthday, if that's what she wishes.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Majesty

Catherine's workout habits. Don't know how much of it all is true, but it's entertaining to read.

How Duchess Kate Keeps Her Royally Fit Figure - UsMagazine.com

Old 01-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess of Cambridge is entering not only her fourth decade, but also the most challenging and exciting phase of her life.

Read more: Kate Middleton: As she hits 30, how Catherine is coming of age | Mail Online
Old 01-06-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge is entering not only her fourth decade, but also the most challenging and exciting phase of her life.

Read more: Kate Middleton: As she hits 30, how Catherine is coming of age | Mail Online
That is one biting article, or opinion piece rather. Name calling and snickering about her hair going gray. Ouch.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
That is one biting article, or opinion piece rather. Name calling and snickering about her hair going gray. Ouch.
What horrible dreck. The opening paragraph was mind numbingly bad- I didn't think I could roll my eyes that hard.

Oh Noes! A female! TURNING 30! Life is over! Because 30 is OLD!

Idiot.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Royal Highness

Also, has anyone actually ever heard Kate referred to as "Duchess of Dolittle" as an unflattering moniker? Because I read these forums every day, and I've never heard it used. Also, eight months isn't a long time.

I'd say the Daily Mail would make a decent birdcage liner, but I'm pretty sure parakeets are more discerning than that.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Also, has anyone actually ever heard Kate referred to as "Duchess of Dolittle" as an unflattering moniker? Because I read these forums every day, and I've never heard it used. Also, eight months isn't a long time.
It's probably other forums. There's one that began the name "Waity Katey" and that was picked up by the press.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Either way, we will not use either name to refer to Catherine.

Let's move on.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Either way, we will not use either name to refer to Catherine.

Let's move on.
Apologies- it wasn't meant to introduce a new moniker- I was referencing a quote from the article that I found particularly ridiculous
Old 01-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Majesty

Not really sure if this belongs on the 'Current Events' thread or not, so I'm posting it here. However, feel free to move if necessary.

A very nice article from 'The Sun'.

We’ve taken Kate to our hearts just like Princess Diana | The Sun |Woman

Old 01-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Not really sure if this belongs on the 'Current Events' thread or not, so I'm posting it here. However, feel free to move if necessary.

We've taken Kate to our hearts just like Princess Diana | The Sun |Woman
Lovely words from Arthur Edwards, one who actually HAS occasional inside access to the royals.

Also, I am glad this forum does not accept name-calling. I absolutely cannot tolerate it. That article from the Mail was not altogether bad, but the opening paragraphs disgust me for the unjust labeling (likely plucked from vile talkbacks) and unrealistic Kate vs Diana vs Camilla comparisons. Ridiculous, in my opinion.

What interests me from both articles (The Sun & DM), though, is that both mentioned that Kate will have a joint engagement with the Queen. Would be amazing, if true.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals View Post
What interests me from both articles (The Sun & DM), though, is that both mentioned that Kate will have a joint engagement with the Queen. Would be amazing, if true.
I had the same thought- that was the only thing I found interesting about the DM article. I hope that it's true- and I bet if it is, it's in support of scouting.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals View Post
Lovely words from Arthur Edwards, one who actually HAS occasional inside access to the royals.

Also, I am glad this forum does not accept name-calling. I absolutely cannot tolerate it. That article from the Mail was not altogether bad, but the opening paragraphs disgust me for the unjust labeling (likely plucked from vile talkbacks) and unrealistic Kate vs Diana vs Camilla comparisons. Ridiculous, in my opinion.

I really liked the article from 'The Sun' too. Very sincere, and no comparisons of any kind; just acknowledging Catherine for being herself and doing a marvelous job. A joint engagement with Her Majesty would be wonderful. Catherine can learn from the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I had the same thought- that was the only thing I found interesting about the DM article. I hope that it's true- and I bet if it is, it's in support of scouting.
I hope it's true as well. I'd love to see Her Majesty and Catherine work together. Catherine can learn a great deal from her grandmother-in-law.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:

We’ve taken Kate to our hearts just like Princess Diana | The Sun |Woman
I don't quite understand this statement, would someone kindly explain what the jist of this statement is?

"Kate told me last year that when she was interviewed on TV in Denmark, her family watching back home took the mickey out of her plummy, "telephone-voice" accent."
Old 01-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Nobility

Sometimes when people are talking on the phone or are publicly speaking they put on a different voice than when they are just casually talking to their friends or family. It's usually a more peppy or enthusiastic voice. It's usually not on purpose, it just happens. I've been accused of having a "phone-voice" too. I've also been accused of having a "praying voice".

Oh and "take the mickey out" means to tease.

I want to see this Denmark interview. Has anyone seen it?
Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez View Post
Sometimes when people are talking on the phone or are publicly speaking they put on a different voice than when they are just casually talking to their friends or family. It's usually a more peppy or enthusiastic voice. It's usually not on purpose, it just happens. I've been accused of having a "phone-voice" too. I've also been accused of having a "praying voice".

Oh and "take the mickey out" means to tease.

I want to see this Denmark interview. Has anyone seen it?
Thank you, regardez. Was she using her "phone" voice during the interview hence her family was teasing her about her phone voice.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I presume the interview in Denmark they're talking about it the quick chat they had with the BBC while in Copenhagen at the UNICEF event.

Everyone has a 'phone voice'. It's just where we take a bit more care with our language and are more formal and correct. In much the same way, most people would speak to someone in authority in slightly different terms than they would with very close friends and family.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton birthday: As the Duchess of Cambridge turns 30, FEMAIL bring you 30 facts about our future queen | Mail Online
Old 01-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton 30th Birthday: Photos : People.com

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family