The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Majesty

I will post this in the 'Daytime Fashion Thread' too just to be safe.

How Kate Middleton is following in Princess Diana's footsteps | Mail Online

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate is definitely not short, 5'10 for a woman is model territory. I'm guessing whoever saw her wedding dress was at a distance. It's a good thing Kate found her a man who's over 6ft so she'll never have to worry about towering over him. As for Kate's clothes, I've made a presentation of my fav outfits. That black velvet dress is a cherry on top of a great year for Kate.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Catherine Middleton is the prettiest girl of the year
Catherine Middleton es la novia más guapa del año

Google Google Translate
Old 12-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Majesty

Catherine through the years.

From baby princess to the Big 3-0, a picture for every year of Kate's life | Mail Online

Old 01-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for that article. It was interesting and fun to see the transformation from a little girl into a beautiful woman who just happened to have married a prince. Actually. I think it was already written in the stars for her to be where she is now. It was meant to be.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Majesty

Catherine's (supposed) preference for the Welsh rugby team.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Day & Night :: Welsh rugby converts Kate

Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Lovely pictures.Hopefully,plenty more years to go.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Courtier

I am very lucky indeed to have had the privilege of meeing many members of the BRF and/or seeing them in person.

Catherine is indeed tall. I would indeed place her height around 5ft 10in. She is very thin though, and I wonder if that has led some members of the Royal Forums to think that she is petite. By way of comparison, I would estimate that the Princess Royal is around 5ft 5 in - 5ft 6in, but because she is more substantially built - but certainly NOT fat - she could strike people who just have photos to go on as being taller than that.

I have seen Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry playing Polo at the Beaufort. I would estimate that Prince Charles is around 5ft 9 to 5ft 10in. Both William and Harry looked several inches taller than him - I would estimate that both brothers are in the 6ft 2in+ range, which was very clear to see as they were standing alongside their father at the formal prizegiving, all identically dressed in team shirts, white breeches and polo boots.

The Queen is actually quite small - I estimate around 5ft 3in or 5ft 4in at the most. Prince Philip is actually smaller than you would think - even disregarding the fact that most people's spines shrink a bit with age, I would estimate that Prince Philip even at his tallest was around 5ft 9in perhaps 5ft 10in at the most. Because he always carries himself very well, and because he has an air of great authority about him and because the Queen is actually quite small, people often think that Prince Philip is (was) at least 6ft tall.

Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother were both very petite indeed - around 5ft I would estimate.

The Countess of Wessex, The Duchess of Gloucester, The Duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra are all in the region of 5ft 5in.

Fergie is about 5ft 8in. Because she is both substantially built and rather noisy, the perception is that she is physically taller. I would estimate that Beatrice and Eugenie are around 5ft 6in to 5ft 7in although they were both wearing different heights of high-ish heels when I saw them together, which made it hard to judge even though they were side-to-side. The Duke of York is taller than Prince Charles and I would estimate him as 6ft.

Photographs are often deceptive, particularly official ones. I am absolutely hopeless with the web and the internet, but if someone here can find a picture of the Official Engagement Photo of Diana and Charles and post it here, forum members will notice that Charles looks several inches taller than Diana!!

Hope this is of interest,

Alex
Old 01-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
find a picture of the Official Engagement Photo of Diana and Charles and post it here, forum members will notice that Charles looks several inches taller than Diana!!
In the engagement picture - I believe I know the one you mean - they are standing on steps. Charles is standing on a higher step, Diana on a lower. Hence the impression that Charles is taller.

In actual fact - according to Internet sources - both Charles and Diana were the exact same height - at 5'10". Being thin she seemed taller and started to look taller than Charles because she began to wear very high heels, rather than the flats she favored initially.

With both William and Harry topping close to 6'2" (Wiliiam 6'3", and Harry 6'2") and Kate at 5'10", we can assume the next generation of Royals will be destined to be tall.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton birthday: Pippa and Prince Harry plan party for Duchess of Cambridge's 30th | Mail Online

Old 01-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Courtier

I am sure there is a party planned for her 30th!

Kate Middleton birthday: Pippa and Prince Harry plan party for Duchess of Cambridge's 30th | Mail Online

A serious question! Diana left all her jewellery to be given to her sons' wives.

1. Is Catherine likely to be seen wearing any of Diana's jewellery in the near future;
2. Is William reluctant to pass any of this on to Catherine for fear of public criticism;
3. Is the jewellery likely to be kept locked away to re-appear for her adult grandchildren?

Also if future children are only to be Lady X or Lord X does that mean when Charles is King they (William's children) leapfrog to Princes and Princesses?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

That article is "interesting" I guess one could say. The Daily Mail used Grazia magazine(?) as its source. Rather dubious if you ask me. It really read as complete fiction to me.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
That article is "interesting" I guess one could say. The Daily Mail used Grazia magazine(?) as its source. Rather dubious if you ask me. It really read as complete fiction to me.
Must be another slow news day at the DM. Like you, I'm taking this article with a very big grain of salt. It sounds like the author just took some random idea he/she had and stuck them together, then tried to pass them all off as the truth. Good grief.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I am sure there is a party planned for her 30th!

A serious question! Diana left all her jewellery to be given to her sons' wives.

1. Is Catherine likely to be seen wearing any of Diana's jewellery in the near future;
2. Is William reluctant to pass any of this on to Catherine for fear of public criticism;
3. Is the jewellery likely to be kept locked away to re-appear for her adult grandchildren?

Also if future children are only to be Lady X or Lord X does that mean when Charles is King they (William's children) leapfrog to Princes and Princesses?
Any discussion regarding Diana jewels on Catherine can be found here Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - .

In addition, the titles for any children can be discussed here Prince William created Duke of Cambridge: 29 April 2011 . Altought to be honest, I believe it was discussed in great detail in http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...es-258-55.html .

Old 01-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Catherine at 30: A woman with the world at her feet
Kate Middleton biography on 30th birthday - hellomagazine.com

Quote:
Pippa and Harry planning surprise 30th for Kate
Pippa and Harry planning surprise 30th for Kate | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 01-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't know how much of a surprise this will be if it's reported in the media!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Don't know how much of a surprise this will be if it's reported in the media!
I wonder if they read about themselves or if the Duke's secretary just tells them what they need to know.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't imagine Kate being so insulated from the press, especially when she goes out shopping and might pick up a newspaper during her daily activities or switching on the TV.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding Catherine's patronages have been moved Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages .

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 01-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton, the little Brownie who grew up to be leader of the pack | Mail Online

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family