The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Nobility

I thought she is about 5'10"

Old 11-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Well I'm 5' 6 and the frock would have fitted me. Height wise, not width wise. Obviously.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

To me, anyone over my petite height of 5' 2" is TALL!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm right there with you. Catherine doesn't appear to be lacking in the height department.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Most of her heels have been 3"-4", that not very high heels, that average heels height. People say that Princess Mary is 5'6" tall and Kate look at least 2" taller than her
Kate is 5'10" and William is 6"3'.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm with you there. I have always felt that Catherine was in the range of 5'9" - 5'10". Of the recent royal brides, she's certainly one of the tallest. It's not that noticeable when she's standing next to William,however, when she's in company of females, she is freakishly tall.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Actually, the Duchess is quite short! Having seen her wedding dress at Buckingham Palace this year, alot of her height comes from the very high heels she wears. So another generation of small royals I'm afraid!
Are you joking? Catherine is 5'10".
Old 11-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Height is hard to judge with a without a frame of reference. Looking the at official photo with both families - Kate is coming up to William's nose. She is shorter than Harry and a little taller than Charles. Her wedding shoes had a small heel (~2 inches) so 5' 10" or 5' 9' seem in the ballpark. We will have to wait for the wax Kate to go on display at Madam Tussand and sneak in a tape measure :)
Old 11-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I just read an article that said a "Palace fact sheet" Listed the Duchess at 5'10".
Old 11-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I just read an article that said a "Palace fact sheet" Listed the Duchess at 5'10".
I have seen that referenced many times. Yes she wears high heels, however so do most women she is photographed with. The men she has been photographed with do not and yet she still towers over them. Right?

We are used to seeing Catherine photographed next to William who is 6' 3", so her height has not been so obvious. It's only now that she is a member of the RF and is out in the public eye more being photographed next to other people that we truly get a clearer picture of her height
Old 11-14-2011, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

There a 70mm heels that are elegant and there are 150mm heels that are just plain OTT!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Courtier

^Since when as Catherine worn 6inches heels? And do you complain about other while ladies where high heels shoes? b/c their is no difference in height b/w what Catherine and others like Sophie, Mary, Letizia, etc wear.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Are you joking? Catherine is 5'10".
Nope. Not joking. It'd be a pretty poor joke wouldn't it? My impression was just that she was quite short. I wasn't suggesting she kicked small children or smacked the homeless with her umbrella, merely that in my eyes the dress looked little and the heels tall thus making her appear alot taller than I thought she was. If she's 5'10" then obviously she's taller than I thought.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton smile: Secret to Duchess of Cambridge's perfect pearly whites | Mail Online
Old 12-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

First it was fashion advice, and now Camilla gives Duchess of Cambridge hair tips to dye for | Mail Online
Old 12-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I found this browsing around tonight and thought I'd share it. Its a good composite of the different outfits that Kate has worn throughout the year. Enjoy!

Kate Middleton's Year-End Style Roundup (PHOTOS)
Old 12-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Commoner

Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, Osipi!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I found this browsing around tonight and thought I'd share it. Its a good composite of the different outfits that Kate has worn throughout the year. Enjoy!

Kate Middleton's Year-End Style Roundup (PHOTOS)
Thank you for the link. She definitely wore some very classy pieces this past year.

I hope you don't mind, but I shared this link on the 'Old Fashion Discussion' thread.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

A very nice retrospective of Kate's outfits this year. I hope we get to see that blush pink Jenny Packham gown again. Thanks for posting.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Revealed: Duchess of Cambridge Kate is pregnant... well her toy doll is | Mail Online

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family