General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anyone see that there is another program on the tele with the Duchess and Harry? I just caught a glimpse of the commercial and I believe they said its on the 30th? This is not the one on the 29th. Or maybe it is. Just want to make sure we dont miss anything. :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach
I don't know how these princesses manage to be so trim with all of the banqueting, etc, that they have to do. I suppose it is discipline, discipline, discipline.

well, think about all the help they get from their staff and how much time it liberates to do sport, go to the gym and in general, be healthy! gaining weight is usually a factor caused by stress, yet having help eases your life. that paired with access to a good gym, a good trainer, a good nutritionist... it doesn't seem a specially hard life. most of their "work" has to do with image.

Although they're called banquets, I don't see the servings and the amount of food being over the top. Usually when you think banquet, you imagine a gluttonous feast in the style of Henry VIII or something. I kind of picture the servings being smaller and artistically decorated such as one would see on a gourmet cooking show.

Then again, if their duties are taking them several places where they're expected to have meals, they could most likely nibble a little bit of everything.

royal cousins

do you think kate is friends with princess diana nieces i read somewhere that chelsy davy is kinda friends with lady kitty and i though maybe she was friends with kate

I don't think so but I think William and Harry have some contact with the Spencers. Kate may know them through William. I've never read about any relatonship between Kate and the Spencers, though I don't have the much knowledge of Kate's life outside of William.

I don't think that William & Kate interact with Earl Spencer's children. They are considerably younger than William. Plus the older ones live in South Africa. The African connection is what probably brought Chesly & Kitty together if they are friends.

Will & Kate went to Laura Fellow's wedding (Diana's sister Jane's girl). When Wills got his RAF wings his aunt Sarah was there. So if he close to any Spencer cousins - it more likely to be Jane & Sarah's kids not Earl Spencer. However, I don't think he is really close with the Spencer side. His closest cousins appear to be Peter & Zara.

Will & Kate went to Laura Fellow's wedding (Diana's sister Jane's girl). When Wills got his RAF wings his aunt Sarah was there. So if he close to any Spencer cousins - it more likely to be Jane & Sarah's kids not Earl Spencer. However, I don't think he is really close with the Spencer side. His closest cousins appear to be Peter & Zara.

I read someplace that William was furious about Earl Spencer's speech at Diana's funeral and has always held it against him.
He and Harry didn't even go to the earl's wedding last summer.

I also think they are closer to their cousins on the Windsor side (probably because they spent more time with them when they were growing up).

I have read that William and Harry are close with Kitty and her sisters; when they were the wedding I recall Harry or William laughing with the Earl.

And yet only maybe Letizia spend less than her

And yet only maybe Letizia spend less than her

Letizia is a CP, Kate is not.

I wonder how many hand made suits, shoes etc will be covered by 35.000 GBP in Charles's clothing budget :whistling: three or four?
So paying for Kate's clothes is like petty cash to him.

I wonder how many hand made suits, shoes etc will be covered by 35.000 GBP in Charles's clothing budget :whistling: three or four?

Petty cash to him but not the rest of the us, Charles volunteered to pay for Catherine's clothes so who would be paying if he didn't?

Both Letizia and Kate fashion are pretty much high street.

Petty cash to him but not the rest of the us, Charles volunteered to pay for Catherine's clothes so who would be paying if he didn't?

For me the working wardrobe of one of the core royals should not be paid for privately.

But the amount of public events = required wardrobe is very, very different.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Volunteer" is journalise. Prince Charles is responsible for the expenses of the "Wales" household - all 5 of them. This isn't a case of him being strong-armed as there will be an allowance. I would put money on the fact that she is operating well within it. And there will be additional expenditure this year because of the tour in September.

It's interesting that they are not going for the cost-reduction model of taking freebies and mega-discounts. Not getting drawn into the world of owing favours at any price.

Last edited:
But the amount of public events = required wardrobe is very, very different.

Maybe that why some people are saying that Letizia doesn't dress appropriately.

Do you think Letizia should wear more high ended designer clothes like Valentino?

If that is what the Duchess spends considering her very limited official duties, just imagine what other princesses spend on their wardrobes.

This article was from 3 years ago. I don't speak Danish, is this a tabloid?
Ekstra Bladet - Vildt forbrug tvang Frede til at fyre

miche said:

You don't spend 35 grand on high street clothes. Her Jimmy Choo's and McQueen dresses aren't high street.

Duke of Marmalade said:
For me the working wardrobe of one of the core royals should not be paid for privately.

She's not exactly a core royal right now. 35k on mainly McQueen outfits is too much to me.

You can't compare Letizia and Catherine particularly in fashion. One, Catherine is not a CP and Letizia does a lot more work.

It's up to Prince Charles what he spends his money on. In the old days they were praised for spending own money instead of the Taxpayer now they can't even spend their own money! :bang:

You don't spend 35 grand on high street clothes. Her Jimmy Choo's and McQueen dresses aren't high street.

She's not exactly a core royal right now. 35k on mainly McQueen outfits is too much to me.

You can't compare Letizia and Catherine particularly in fashion. One, Catherine is not a CP and Letizia does a lot more work.

I didn't say her McQueen outfits are high street, but most of what she wears are high streets

Anyways when is the press going to list the price of Beatrice and Eugenie Valentino, McQueen, Erdem, Louboutin's outfits for the public?

It's up to Prince Charles what he spends his money on. In the old days they were praised for spending own money instead of the Taxpayer now they can't even spend their own money! :bang:

They should borrow and takes freebies like celebs do and other European Royals are rumor to do

If this information (Duchy of Cornwall accounts) is about to be published, then it is for the whole of the financial year 2011/2012 (April/March). This will include the clothes required for the trip to Canada and the US, as well as (I agree)the limited number of public events between September 2011 to March 2012. I'm surprised its only c.£35,000 as it includes 5 or 6 evening dresses. She has also worn clothes that she bought prior to the wedding (ie coat to Zara's wedding) and I assume she paid for those.

Diana never had to put up with this as it was mainly couture and there was more discretion about saying how much everything cost.

This is really about her not pulling her weight as a royal

^So she should be out there more than William and Harry? (base on the official engagement tread she has been)

^So she should be out there more than William and Harry? (base on the official engagement tread she has been)

I think she should.

Sorry for off topic comment but I think that this is the DM pushing the cost of Catherine in comparison with the work she does. IT's already been mentioned on here, the DM posts are saying it and (no surprise) the Daily Telegraph have also mentioned the cost and some posts are saying the same. The next thing will be "Is Kate value for money?"

I personally don't have a problem with the expenditure and I think its a fudge figure anyway because unless the Duchy itemises clothing in its accounts (which would surprise me) it could be the increase in overall expenditure yr on yr being translated as the cost of Catherine.

Plus, William seems to own only one suit, a tuxedo and a morning suit and that's about it. Since William isn't buying £3k suits every month Kate can choose some designer duds along with the high street stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom