The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Nobility

She should pose for a official royal portrait first with a tiara and her sash. Why post for a magazine cover when she's typically on every magazine covers whenever she's out and about??

Old 10-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Does Catherine have a sash? I don't think she has received any orders. An official portrait would be nice to see.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962
Does Catherine have a sash? I don't think she has received any orders. An official portrait would be nice to see.
I've never seen William in a sash so I doubt Catherine has one. Official portraits for the Jubilee may appear.

I've never seen Zara, Beatrice or Eugenie pose for official portraits and they graced the covers of Tatler.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I've never seen William in a sash so I doubt Catherine has one. Official portraits for the Jubilee may appear. .
Isn't he wearing a sash on these?

http://i53.tinypic.com/op9s8o.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/16ifssg.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2przb88.jpg
Old 10-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I believe those go with the actual uniform, like uniform worn by Anne, Harry, Philip and his father. Which to me, I think, is different than the sashes worn at banquets like these ones worn by Prince Edward, Prince Michael, Prince WA, Prince Haakon and someone I don't know.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n-6kS_PCzW...gUniforms2.jpg
Old 10-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Commoner

The Prince of Wales is wearing a blue sash too (Order of the Garter).
Is there a different sash for the Prince of Wales? I can't find no image of it.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by naida View Post
Actually Order of the Garter is the highest order in BRF so at the galas William will be wear this one (it's a set with the order). Kate probably will get lower order (I'm not familiar with British orders) and matching sash. But I'm not sure that we will see this pair at the banquet in the near future.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Commoner

agami.pearl Thanks for your reply! I newer saw Prince Charles wearing other then blue one. For Catherine, we have to wait and see.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

All of the Queens children as well as Prince William have the order of the Garter and wear its star and sash with uniforms and white tie formal wear. Before Anne, Andrew or Edward received the Garter they wore the Royal Victorian Order as Sophie and Prince Michael do now. It will probably be some time before Catherine receives an order of knighthood. Most likely she will receive the Royal Family Order in the next couple of years before she receives a knighthood. Diana and Sarah never received a knighthood and only Diana had the family order. Camilla has the family order but not as yet a knighthood.
Charles sometimes wears the sash of of the Orde rof the Bath in his capacity as Grand Master of the Order.
When men wear the collar of an order they do not also wear the sash of that order so you will occassionally see Charles or Philip wearing the sash of the Order of the Thistle when wearing the Garter collar.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Commoner

Great info on the restaurants Kate loves in London...Kate’s London Restaurants ~ Part Two « The Royal Post
Old 11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, you know now the next thing will be a tasting tour of all the restaurants where Kate likes to frequent.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Well, you know now the next thing will be a tasting tour of all the restaurants where Kate likes to frequent.
You're probably right. It'll be one heck of a frenzy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I find it quite amusing that a new E4 show named Sorority Row, says their ideal girl would be Catherine Middleton.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Serene Highness

I would think that William & Kate will release official portraits next year for since they both turn 30 next year. The RF seems to like to release photos for milestone birthdays. Once Kate starts doing her charity work next year, she going to need a official photo of just her without William.

It will be interesting to see what photo they use for their 1st Christmas card. In my mind, I am picturing them in cheesy Christmas sweaters like Colin Firth's character in the Bridget Jones movies :)
Old 11-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I am picturing them in cheesy Christmas sweaters like Colin Firth's character in the Bridget Jones movies :)
That would be so cute. LOL.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope it's the one where Kate's pretending to push Will off the dock after losing the dragon race to him in Canada!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I hope it's the one where Kate's pretending to push Will off the dock after losing the dragon race to him in Canada!
That would be a fun one to receive in the mail. Totally them though .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Nobility

Kate is a tall babe.

Their children will be tall...

Lucky girls ,,God willing they have a daughter!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Kate is a tall babe.

Their children will be tall if they're born wearing sky high heels, which could be a bit painful. Those heels are a good 150mm. She's smaller than William I think without the heels, but probably average tall height.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Kate is a tall babe.

Actually, the Duchess is quite short! Having seen her wedding dress at Buckingham Palace this year, alot of her height comes from the very high heels she wears. So another generation of small royals I'm afraid!

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family