The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Nobility

A Daily Mail article on Kate's supposed weight loss over time. Kate Middleton: A waist that made Nicole Kidman look dumpy | Mail Online

Old 07-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
A Daily Mail article on Kate's supposed weight loss over time. Kate Middleton: A waist that made Nicole Kidman look dumpy | Mail Online
If we take Nicole Kidman's body type,she is a slim astenyc,her bone structure is skinnier if we compare to Kate.Do not forget their different age and that Kate was not so slim from very beginning.If Kidman were to be skinner,I think she'll be more Letizia's type

Old 07-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

As usual, the DM trying to sensationalize... Now that the tour's over, once again trying to milk any story and sell any angle. If the media has learned anything from Diana, they should stop focusing on appearances and insinuating this and that.What's especially silly is their remark that Kate deserves to be more than a clothes horse when all they're reported on in the last 10 days is about her fashion.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Commoner

The weight question is being debated in England now - when you see Catherine next to Nicole Kidman or Reese Witherspoon on the California trip ( and neither of those two ladies is what you would call "Big"), she looks very thin and they look very large. She went on a diet before the wedding, and I think she should gain a half stone or so back. But whatever, if William likes her at her weight, I am in no position to complain about it.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Commoner

OOps, did not see the posts just above mine - they all say the same thing with the comparison to Kidman and Witherspoon - but again, if William is happy, and Kate is happy, it is no one's business.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I am hoping that her weight loss is only temporary. To say it isn't or hasn't happened is silly as every photo shows exactly how slim she has become. However, I do not believe she went on a diet so close to her wedding. I do however, believe the estimation that she has dropped two dress sizes since her engagement.

The comparison between her wearing the white dress for the Testino photos taken shortly after her engagement to those of her wearing the same dress on Canada Day are a shocker. Like most women, when she looses weight it goes from the bust first and the front of that white dress just hung there making the whole dress ill-fitting.

Dieting at that time would have created untold problems for whoever was making her dress and render half her wardrobe useless not to mention that there is absolutely no sensible reason whatsoever for dieting when you have a figure like hers.

Reports by the tabloids seem to be them trying to create an "Anorexia" crisis in the marriage where none exists. It will sell papers though!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabee View Post
The weight question is being debated in England now - when you see Catherine next to Nicole Kidman or Reese Witherspoon on the California trip ( and neither of those two ladies is what you would call "Big"), she looks very thin and they look very large. She went on a diet before the wedding, and I think she should gain a half stone or so back. But whatever, if William likes her at her weight, I am in no position to complain about it.

Lets not forget Kidman is 44 and Witherspoon is 35 and both have given birth. Even trainers to the starts can't always make that after baby belly go away...I do agree Kate is thin and could gain some weight, but these women are different body types too...Witherspoon is like 5'3 .Just my opinon.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Commoner

Why Is Kate So Thin? Palace Sources Weigh In - E! Online
Old 07-13-2011, 03:08 AM
Courtier

Ridiculous!!! Ted Casablanca is a jerk and he has NO palace insiders, nor does E Online. These people are indeed trying to sell papers. Catherine is very slender but no way is she anorexic. The fact that anyone even suggests such a thing means they don't know what they are talking about. I just saw a woman in a bookstore yesterday who was very clearly anorexic and I have seen young women on the campus where I worked who were also. Believe me Kate would not have that gorgeous lush hair and glow about her if she suffered from that condition. Kidman and Witherspoon are both older and have had children. I think people are also so accustomed to seeing our over weight populations that anyone who is very slender sends them into a spin.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

It becomes obvious now that Kate is REALLY, REALLY big business. In the sense of world-wide media interest & coverage, none of the other CPs, be it Mary, Letizia or Maxima, can't even hold a candle to her when it comes to influence & public interest.

I am not surprised that celebrities now hop on the Kate-waggon, its only the beginning.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2013886/Kate-Middletons-fashion-effect-Zara-celebs-frenzy-70-dress.html
Old 07-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Commoner

Hi guys, I have one question to you guys, what is the agenda of Will and Kate now that they returned Dasu Tour, what are the new appointments?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Courtier

I hope Kate gains 10lbs soon as this is becoming a sick and twisted game on the internet and in the papers.

More on the wieght loss....

http://www.twirlit.com/2011/07/14/ka...he-too-skinny/

“Every little girl at one time wants to be a princess, and these images will not only reach teenagers but middle and elementary schoolers,” said Jill M. Pollack, director of the Center for the Study of Anorexia and Bulimia. She has been treating patients suffering from eating disorders for over 20 years. “To have the Middleton sisters [on pro-ana sites] isoh my God, a disaster waiting to happen.”

Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, and her sister, Pippa, have become the target of pro-anorexia sites seeking "thinspiration" from celebs.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/437559...-today_health/

The news papers are not the only ones making a buck off Kate

Kate Middleton's old car expected to fetch £30,000 on eBay | Mail Online
Old 07-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Whilst I agree that it is sick and twisted I find the alarming part is that they didn't have to photo-shop the photo's.

Catherine really has lost a lot of weight. I think she is one of the unfortunate ones that have to watch their weight or they lose it . . . . big time.

I hope their sojourn in Anglesey brings health, happiness, kilos and kids, in that order.

Actually I think the happiness bit seems well and truly taken care of, so that's one down!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

According to the Palace, the two will be taking things easy in the lead-up to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. This means very few appearances.

The Jubilee, IMO, will overshadow anything the BRF has pulled out of the hat so far.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Unfortunately there always people who get their moments of fame by taking on some ridiculous issue. Just because Catherine has lost weight does not mean that she carries the responsibility for all those anorexics and bulimics (or potential one) out in the world. The far greater issue in the western world today is gross over weight among children and adults, why is no one addressing that issue so enthrusiastically?

This is truly expecting someone to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders (pardon the pun).
Old 07-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Commoner

Duchess of Cambridge invited to Balmoral so Queen can 'get to know her better' - Telegraph
Old 07-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Nobility

Why does British media continue their destructive intrusion into the lives of the royal family?? The Duchess must love him very, very much in order to put up with all this. I do hope that she will take her inspiration from the likes of Maxima, Mathilde and Mette-Marit and just be who she is, in the size she is comfortable in and love her husband. That is after all the most important thing.
William have seen enough tragedy to last him a life time
Old 07-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Gentry

Kate and Pippa Middleton- plain janes playing the beauties?

Kate and Pippa Middleton: Two plain janes ruling the beauty & fashion heap

I personally think Kate is quite pretty and most an ordinary girl. What do you think about this article?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariana Pazza View Post
Kate and Pippa Middleton: Two plain janes ruling the beauty & fashion heap

I personally think Kate is quite pretty and most an ordinary girl. What do you think about this article?
It is a funny article. The writer has a great wit.

The whole phenomenon of being drawn to look at someone regardless of who else is around has everything to do with 'image' and less to do with charisma and beauty. Its the trick of the camera.

But genuine charisma is quite something else when you confront it.

Beauty is totally subjective. Lets look at her list -

Pippa and Kate Middleton are not ugly women. But neither are they beautiful in the true sense of the word.

I think I agree with her on this. Kate is comfortable looking. Pippa has to pay close attention to presentation - as do we all. As does every model.

You want beauty? Nicole Kidman. Angelina Jolie. Halle Berry. Charlize Theron.

Now here we go - totally subjective. No way Nicole Kidman or Angelina Jolie. Halle Berry - YES! Charlize Theron - YES!

Jennifer Aniston is only attractive and Emma Watson pixie-like.

Is she kidding? Jennifer Aniston turns heads and Emma Watson is gorgeous!

Julia Roberts is only magical

What?

Meryl Streep is a classic.

This is a cop out.

It doesn't matter. Both Pippa and Kate may be rich and well-connected, but there's no arguing the fact that they're also plain-looking women, period.

I think this is going a little too far - take anybody's picture on a bad day and they will not look drop-dead gorgeous - but both these ladies clean up very nicely.

I would say the reason that she is not overwhelmed by Kate is because while Kate is doing a fair enough job at the PR she has yet to really be comfortable with it - and that tension manifests. She may be more drawn to William because he is comfortable with his role at this point. What we see as compelling has so many more reasons behind it than 'beauty'. Liking Diana so liking her son, etc., while for others Kate will never be 'beautiful' because not aristocratic. Like that. That's what I think.

Its a funny article, though.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

The article was clever, but the comments were pretty appalling, mostly directed to each other. I tend to stay away from boards like that.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family