General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you know now the next thing will be a tasting tour of all the restaurants where Kate likes to frequent. :lol:

I find it quite amusing that a new E4 show named Sorority Row, says their ideal girl would be Catherine Middleton.

I would think that William & Kate will release official portraits next year for since they both turn 30 next year. The RF seems to like to release photos for milestone birthdays. Once Kate starts doing her charity work next year, she going to need a official photo of just her without William.

It will be interesting to see what photo they use for their 1st Christmas card. In my mind, I am picturing them in cheesy Christmas sweaters like Colin Firth's character in the Bridget Jones movies :)

:previous:I hope it's the one where Kate's pretending to push Will off the dock after losing the dragon race to him in Canada! :lol:

Kate is a tall babe.

Their children will be tall...

Lucky girls ,,God willing they have a daughter!

Kate is a tall babe.

Their children will be tall if they're born wearing sky high heels, which could be a bit painful. :lol: Those heels are a good 150mm. She's smaller than William I think without the heels, but probably average tall height.

Kate is a tall babe.

Actually, the Duchess is quite short! Having seen her wedding dress at Buckingham Palace this year, alot of her height comes from the very high heels she wears. So another generation of small royals I'm afraid!

Well I'm 5' 6 and the frock would have fitted me. Height wise, not width wise. Obviously.

Most of her heels have been 3"-4", that not very high heels, that average heels height. People say that Princess Mary is 5'6" tall and Kate look at least 2" taller than her

Kate is 5'10" and William is 6"3'.

Last edited:
To me, anyone over my petite height of 5' 2" is TALL! :lol:

I'm with you there. I have always felt that Catherine was in the range of 5'9" - 5'10". Of the recent royal brides, she's certainly one of the tallest. It's not that noticeable when she's standing next to William,however, when she's in company of females, she is freakishly tall.

Actually, the Duchess is quite short! Having seen her wedding dress at Buckingham Palace this year, alot of her height comes from the very high heels she wears. So another generation of small royals I'm afraid!

Are you joking? Catherine is 5'10".

Height is hard to judge with a without a frame of reference. Looking the at official photo with both families - Kate is coming up to William's nose. She is shorter than Harry and a little taller than Charles. Her wedding shoes had a small heel (~2 inches) so 5' 10" or 5' 9' seem in the ballpark. We will have to wait for the wax Kate to go on display at Madam Tussand and sneak in a tape measure :)

I just read an article that said a "Palace fact sheet" Listed the Duchess at 5'10".

I just read an article that said a "Palace fact sheet" Listed the Duchess at 5'10".

I have seen that referenced many times. Yes she wears high heels, however so do most women she is photographed with. The men she has been photographed with do not and yet she still towers over them. Right?

We are used to seeing Catherine photographed next to William who is 6' 3", so her height has not been so obvious. It's only now that she is a member of the RF and is out in the public eye more being photographed next to other people that we truly get a clearer picture of her height

:previous: There a 70mm heels that are elegant and there are 150mm heels that are just plain OTT! :whistling:

^Since when as Catherine worn 6inches heels? And do you complain about other while ladies where high heels shoes? b/c their is no difference in height b/w what Catherine and others like Sophie, Mary, Letizia, etc wear.

Are you joking? Catherine is 5'10".

Nope. Not joking. It'd be a pretty poor joke wouldn't it? My impression was just that she was quite short. I wasn't suggesting she kicked small children or smacked the homeless with her umbrella, merely that in my eyes the dress looked little and the heels tall thus making her appear alot taller than I thought she was. If she's 5'10" then obviously she's taller than I thought.

I found this browsing around tonight and thought I'd share it. Its a good composite of the different outfits that Kate has worn throughout the year. Enjoy!

Kate Middleton's Year-End Style Roundup (PHOTOS)

Thank you for the link. She definitely wore some very classy pieces this past year.

I hope you don't mind, but I shared this link on the 'Old Fashion Discussion' thread.

A very nice retrospective of Kate's outfits this year. I hope we get to see that blush pink Jenny Packham gown again. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom