General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to the General News and Information for the Duke of Cambridge.

Please note that all posts relating to the Current Events of the Duke of Cambridge should be posted in the appropriate thread.

Thanks!

Warren, wbenson and Zonk
British Forum Moderators

Last edited:
:previous:

Indeed. :)
Incidentally, Prince William also came 37th in the list of Best Dressed Men in Britain. Prince Charles was way ahead of him though: he was 8th.

I love me some House of Wales men. They don't dress alike - but I like how they dress! ;)

We noted on the Forums that the Duke of Cambridge had been sent out on a very dangerous New Year's Day rescue mission to Blackpool. It was night and gale force conditions when Paul Morris was dog-walking on the Promenade in Blackpool with friends. The mission for the Duke and crew was extremely dangerous and not successful.

The search for Mr. Morris continues. I am quite sure the Duke of Cambridge is watching the press, as I am hoping for a resolution to the unresolved loss for his family. I don't think we spend enough time thinking about the role of a rescue pilot - and how much it must be like being a paramedic, first responder, etc. and the burden it presents - beyond the obvious heroism.

Anyone wishing to follow the story can find updates at: Search Results for: paul morris

Unsurprisingly, the Daily Mail has not made updates to the Jan 1 story since their account of the Duke's heroism. Mr. Morris and his family go unacknowledged. I'm recognizing them HERE. I'm sorry for their loss and send my thoughts.

So um this was kinda cool. I remember back in 07 when the boys did Concert for Diana and one of Diana's fave musician's Bryan Adams was not asked to perform there were rumours that they had cut all contact with him. Today though I found this interview done about a month ago where he confirms he's had dinner with William!
FOX411: Weren’t you one of Princess Diana’s favorite musicians?

Adams: Yeah I guess, perhaps. We were great friends. She was so proud of her boys. They’re great, even Harry getting his clothes off - good boy! I’m serious, he’s a laugh.

FOX411: Are you still in contact with them?

Adams: No. Actually, that’s not true. I’ve had dinner with Wills a couple of times.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put it I didn't know whether it should go here or Diana's forum or somewhere else completely. I know some of you are prob like so? but he's one of my fave's and I'm just glad to hear there's no bad blood.

I do think William is the epitome of what some would determine to be a gentleman in this day and age. Unfortunately, I am allergic to links that pop ads in my face and at every turn try to draw me to buy their words. Its a link I quickly shut down.

I really really wish that people would use a link as a backup source for what they are stating in their own words rather than thinking what the huffingtom post said is different from the daily mail or the telegraph. Links are very useful when you need them but in a forum where we discuss, links alone come across as vapid.

Just my opinion.

I really really wish that people would use a link as a backup source for what they are stating in their own words rather than thinking what the huffingtom post said is different from the daily mail or the telegraph. Links are very useful when you need them but in a forum where we discuss, links alone come across as vapid.

Just my opinion.

I agree. But the sites we go to are NOT actually part of the forum. If you try to go to one of these links when you are not signed in you get a page warning you that you are leaving the forum and that the forum is not responsible for anything on the other site.

I for one never go to the Huffington site any more because of the pop-ups. Personally I dislike these ads and all they do is make me more determined to never patronize the company being advertised.

I do think William is the epitome of what some would determine to be a gentleman in this day and age. Unfortunately, I am allergic to links that pop ads in my face and at every turn try to draw me to buy their words. Its a link I quickly shut down.

Just my opinion.

I very much enjoy all the different links and appreciate posters that find them and share them.

Also, you guys who have problems with pop up ads should install ad blocker.

I very much enjoy all the different links and appreciate posters that find them and share them.

Thank you!:flowers:
I know a forum is a place where we discuss but we can discuss articles and links as well. I find it interesting although I know everybody has different opinions

William is a gentleman maybe not the perfect gentleman, but he's a gentleman indeed

Personally, I never usually click on links and i do have to admit to posting a few myself that I've found. I'm just easily annoyed I guess this morning but I find that seeing new posts in a thread I'm following and finding out its all someone posting a link ad nauseum to the same tidbit of information. For 2 days we get a link to every newprint article online as a link saying the same thing over and over and over ad nauseum. I'm here for a discussion.

And yes.. I'm still not smoking (growls and runs for a donut)

Personally, I never usually click on links and i do have to admit to posting a few myself that I've found. I'm just easily annoyed I guess this morning but I find that seeing new posts in a thread I'm following and finding out its all someone posting a link ad nauseum to the same tidbit of information. For 2 days we get a link to every newprint article online as a link saying the same thing over and over and over ad nauseum. I'm here for a discussion.

Which is great, and we all enjoy the discussion, but a lot of times, links to articles help facilitate the discussion or start a new one- and you might consider that people following a thread might not love checking it just to find someone complaining about how other people post. It's just worth remembering that it's a lot more fun here when posters are nice to each other.

Have your donut and hopefully your morning gets better. :flowers:

/And apologies to the mods for going off topic. I'll be good now.

Which is great, and we all enjoy the discussion, but a lot of times, links to articles help facilitate the discussion or start a new one- and you might consider that people following a thread might not love checking it just to find someone complaining about how other people post. It's just worth remembering that it's a lot more fun here when posters are nice to each other.

Have your donut and hopefully your morning gets better. :flowers:

/And apologies to the mods for going off topic. I'll be good now.
You are so right:flowers: I prefer to check threads and find some new articles or links. I find them much more interesting than some replies other people post

Thank you!:flowers:
I know a forum is a place where we discuss but we can discuss articles and links as well. I find it interesting although I know everybody has different opinions

William is a gentleman maybe not the perfect gentleman, but he's a gentleman indeed

I once again apologize if I was grumpy without donut or whatever else excuse I can find.

This is off topic and I hope the mods will clean it up but the problem to me with various links and articles that a lot of them are not reputable and the sources questionable. TRF is not a source of finding out the latest tabloid gossip or what the "sources close to the palace" says.

We've all gotten off track from what this place is about. TRF is known to be reputable when it comes to the information given here. I feel if one comes here to find out what the latest is from the Daily Mail, the Alien Assayer or the NotW kind of thing, this place is going downhill at a fast pace.

Please do not report this post to a moderator. I am doing it myself.

OK, so lets talk about the article. I'll start by saying I think The Duke of Cambridge is astute, generally a nice guy with good manners. If one stays away from invasions of his family privacy he will treat you nicely, it appears. It seems his co-workers like him well enough - which is one of my tests for sizing people up. Dogs also seem to like him.

That said, doesn't this article actually mean that 1000 women have the image of William as the most gentlemanly person? And doesn't that mean the media (press, BP, SJP, his own staff, etc.) has been most adept at showing him to us in this light?

None of us really know William. We know what we read and we evaluate pictures of him in the media. We know he supports charities. We can see that is cute, looks great in black or white ties and in full military dress. In his baggy flight suit we forgive that he looks lumpy because he is playing the role of a hero on call. We've watched him encourage children, play polo and hold an umbrella over his wife's head at premiers.

So the fact that Wills has been named in the polls as most gentlemanly is not much of a surprise. Some gardener in Brighton is probably the most gentlemanly person in Britain - be he does not get the press that William does. ;)

It's almost like when People Magazine names their Sexiest Man of The Year or The Most Beautiful Women of the Year. It's obvious they will go with someone who very well known in the media.

From what I have seen of William over the years, he do seem like a very nice guy and also a bit of a nerd, imo. I can tell he loves his wife and is proud of her. I can also tell he's a family man and good friend. That's just my opinion as a person who's on the outside looking in. I'm sure those who knows him much more personally, would sum him up differently but also nicely.

OK, so lets talk about the article. I'll start by saying I think The Duke of Cambridge is astute, generally a nice guy with good manners. If one stays away from invasions of his family privacy he will treat you nicely, it appears. It seems his co-workers like him well enough - which is one of my tests for sizing people up. Dogs also seem to like him.

That said, doesn't this article actually mean that 1000 women have the image of William as the most gentlemanly person? And doesn't that mean the media (press, BP, SJP, his own staff, etc.) has been most adept at showing him to us in this light?

None of us really know William. We know what we read and we evaluate pictures of him in the media. We know he supports charities. We can see that is cute, looks great in black or white ties and in full military dress. In his baggy flight suit we forgive that he looks lumpy because he is playing the role of a hero on call. We've watched him encourage children, play polo and hold an umbrella over his wife's head at premiers.

So the fact that Wills has been named in the polls as most gentlemanly is not much of a surprise. Some gardener in Brighton is probably the most gentlemanly person in Britain - be he does not get the press that William does. ;)

I think a fair bit of it has to do with the fairy tale perception of a prince, and the fact that William has so carefully controlled his public image. When someone is basically a blank slate- when you don't really know who they are- it's sometimes very easy to project who you want them to be onto them.

Does that make sense? I'm sure William is a nice guy (as long as you don't violate his privacy or that of his family) but you're right- I doubt anyone really knows enough about him to determine that he's a gentleman in his private life.

I hope he is though! And there's no indication that he's not.

I love that you stated that you saw William as a nerd. He, to me. is mild mannered while his brother Harry is passionate. Neither one of these is a flaw but designates one from the other and I think the brothers balance each other out. They both though have the same basics at heart, they just both express it differently.

If and when William does become King, Id bet my last donut (and I'm guarding my donuts carefullly these days) that William will have a strong support system behind him. George VI had Elizabath.. William has his love and his best friend.

I made that connection because George VI and Elizabeth were thrown into a world they weren't really expecting to be in. Philip and Elizabeth were a couple that adapted royally to their roles and its astounding. With William, being raised to KNOW he'll be King some day, he'll have Harry to remind him its not all that bad. We've seen for ourselves how they banter each other through the press even.

Last edited:
I think a fair bit of it has to do with the fairy tale perception of a prince...I hope he is though! And there's no indication that he's not.

The article did make me think about everyday William things like... Does he rinse the egg bits off his plate or does he let them dry and stick to the plate? Does he put the seat down on the toilet? Who controls the TV remote in their house, or do they share? Does he ignore calls to his mobile to suit his whim? These are the small polite things we will never know about.

The article did make me think about everyday William things like... Does he rinse the egg bits off his plate or does he let them dry and stick to the plate? Does he put the seat down on the toilet? Who controls the TV remote in their house, or do they share? Does he ignore calls to his mobile to suit his whim? These are the small polite things we will never know about.

I think he does all of those things! And i'm sure if we knew about it it'd be another thing the press would criticise him about. :flowers:

I happen to agree with this. We see the 'William at work' so to speak, so of course he'll be polite, courteous and kind. Are those things part of his persona when off the camera? I'd say most likely, because he strikes me as someone who is very sincere. I think it'd be more fair to rate him after meeting him and getting to spend some time with William the person, rather than William the Duke of Cambridge

It's almost like when People Magazine names their Sexiest Man of The Year or The Most Beautiful Women of the Year. It's obvious they will go with someone who very well known in the media.

From what I have seen of William over the years, he do seem like a very nice guy and also a bit of a nerd, imo. I can tell he loves his wife and is proud of her. I can also tell he's a family man and good friend. That's just my opinion as a person who's on the outside looking in. I'm sure those who knows him much more personally, would sum him up differently but also nicely.

This made me smile, because I happen to be one of the few who thinks that nerdy guys are rather interesting to spend time with. However, being a nerd doesn't make one a gentleman, and vise versa. I think William is one of those few who was able to be both (or so it appears when reading articles, looking at photos and watching videos).

I think a fair bit of it has to do with the fairy tale perception of a prince, and the fact that William has so carefully controlled his public image. When someone is basically a blank slate- when you don't really know who they are- it's sometimes very easy to project who you want them to be onto them.

Does that make sense? I'm sure William is a nice guy (as long as you don't violate his privacy or that of his family) but you're right- I doubt anyone really knows enough about him to determine that he's a gentleman in his private life.

I hope he is though! And there's no indication that he's not.

Another brilliant post :flowers:. I think so many of us tend to perceive a person in a light that makes the said person relatable to us. If we relate to the person, than it's easy to like him/her without ever having a meeting. The press makes that process oh, so easy, since most of the time, William receives very good attention from the news sources, and gives little to no reason for bad press. Like you, I hope that when off the job(s), he's as much of a gentleman as when he's 'on', so to speak. He strikes me as someone who is sincere, but as we know, appearances can be very deceiving.

He's human, so I'm sure he does most, if not all of those things (or maybe he's an exception and doesn't do any of them). You did paint a rather funny mental image of Wills and Kate, sitting on the couch, and fighting over the remote during commercial breaks during an episode of 'Downton Abbey' :D.

Also, I think William have to be nice, kind, loving and gentle in order to keep a beautiful woman like Catherine by his side all these years. She don't look like the type that would just put up with anything. You have to straighten up and fly right to be with her.

I think he's also funny. I think he makes her laugh a lot.

Also, I think William have to be nice, kind, loving and gentle in order to keep a beautiful woman like Catherine by his side all these years. She don't look like the type that would just put up with anything. You have to straighten up and fly right to be with her.

I think he's also funny. I think he makes her laugh a lot.

I get the impression that Catherine is a very strong-willed and independent woman, who definitely knows what she wants, and how she wants it. I think William more than likely had to earn her respect and love. You can see that this couple respects and loves each other. They've been together for over a decade, and that has probably taught a great deal about the other's personal habits, personality, etc.

I get the impression that Catherine is a very strong-willed and independent woman, who definitely knows what she wants, and how she wants it. I think William more than likely had to earn her respect and love. You can see that this couple respects and loves each other. They've been together for over a decade, and that has probably taught a great deal about the other's personal habits, personality, etc.

I seem to recall when someone once told her she was lucky to be dating him, she replied he was lucky to be dating her. If this is a true story, it confirms she has her head on straight and was never in awe of his position in life.

I have a feeling that William enjoys this side of RAF SAR life. Considering the setting and circumstances in which the squadrons work there would need to be trust, camaraderie and respect for each member of the team in order for it to function. Also since part of their shift would involve some down time it is likely they've all developed a friendly relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom