General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read one blogger saying William and Rebecca were hooking up because she went to Malta with him and Kate was hiding at home faking illness. It was one of the stupidest things that I ever read other than the Globe's royal headlines.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I really don't think Camilla Tominey is unfairly attacking William and Catherine. I may not totally agree with her, but I understand what she's getting at though.

I have a hunch that for Catherine the priority is her marriage. :ermm: William takes precedence in all ways for her. She is being a good spouse. I think she takes her cues from William. She will be/do more or less publicly as he decides it will go. That said, I think criticizing Catherine about what she does or does not do is really unfair to her. It's not something that is in her power. JMO. William only should be 'fair game'. Not his wife.

Last edited:
Did anyone read the article? Pure rubbish. What are we coming to that attacking W&K for being 'not being cool enough' to realise they were on the jumbo tron passes as legitimate criticism.

Given what is happening with the BRF of late, the press must be out in left field to have this even resister on their radar

I think William & Catherine are pretty cool people and that's one of the reasons why people love them.

I do agree that it would be nice to see Catherine in a more established royal role though.

But its a backward approach though. Camiila has no 'role' despite being married to the heir to the throne. Camilla is seemingly allowed to plod along in the background and live in the shadow of Prince Charles.

Maybe if Camilla was a more compelling Princess of Wales the press wouldn't need Kate to take up the slack

Kate should be allowed to decide for herself what she thinks her role should be

But its a backward approach though. Camiila has no 'role' despite being married to the heir to the throne. Camilla is seemingly allowed to plod along in the background and live in the shadow of Prince Charles.

Maybe if Camilla was a more compelling Princess of Wales the press wouldn't need Kate to take up the slack

What more can Camilla do be a "more compelling Princess of Wales"?

What more can Camilla do be a "more compelling Princess of Wales"?
A start would be calling herself by the senior title to which she is entitled..:)

Camilla is all but ignored by the British press given her supposed lofty position within the family. I'm not sure why this is but the press find her lacking so they go after Kate.

Remember, Kate isn't the next Queen so she shouldn't be treated as such

A start would be calling herself by the senior title to which she is entitled..:)

That decision was probably, IMO, the correct one at the time of the wedding in 2005. The Princess of Wales title was closely associated with the previous holder of the title, so I see little harm in using another of the titles she has. Does not make her any less compelling in the role, in my book.

All this comparison between Kate and Camilla are useless IMO... I wonder why everytime some slack for Kate turns up, Camilla has to be mentioned

It is almost as though the 2 "sides" Team Kate vs Team Camilla have put up a fight... Nonsene IMO

Basically only the Queen and Kate and sometimes Harry make the papers constantly. Anne and Camilla are ignored. Andrew and Edward are ignored. Charles is ignored if he isn't on tour or writing memos. Sophie gets some coverage especially since she started dressing more fashionably. William doesn't get any coverage if he isn't with Kate. Take Friday's events, the Christmas truce memorial got coverage because it's football, a kid designer and WWI but his others 2 engagements got nothing in the London papers only local coverage.

Camilla is all but ignored by the British press given her supposed lofty position within the family. I'm not sure why this is but the press find her lacking so they go after Kate.

The Press are only interested in the young and glamorous, and what they wear, as opposed to the causes they may be supporting. Actually, it is probably a bigger reflection on the vacuous society we have become, that we are only interested in pretty clothes and faces, and only buy magazines and newspapers that have these on their covers. This has nothing to do with Camilla, IMO, and nor does it make her any less compelling a consort to the Prince of Wales, and our future Queen Consort.

This is exactly what will happen to Catherine in time, when she is middle aged or older, and there is a Princess George on the scene.

Kate will always be more interesting than Camila, because she is younger and still a bit 'new'. Kate is more relatable to young people, and her growing into the role is interesting to watch. W&K new expanding family is just exciting to follow. Young, beautiful and happy people always focus attention.

In 20 years from now, the same pressure and interes will be on George and his siblings, and then on George's wife and their children and so on. :flowers:

I think what this shows us is that the press really doesnt care about camilla...kate won't be queen for a long time...and anytime there are positive articles about camilla..it seems forced by their people...and with that im not necessarily blaming that on charles and camilla...that might be their peoples doing.

they always criticize kate..god forbid she has her priorities right..I firmly believe her marriage and family are her number one priority...being a royal is secondary...as it should be...maybe these reporters need to start covering other stuff and not the royals...I feel like they are more mad at KP and are taking it out on them.also there seems to be worry among reporters of losing their jobs because papers aren't selling well...yes...lets also blame that on them...blame the internet..

Just because the tabloids need Kate to sell papers and attack her for not being more outgoing and glamorous shouldn't be taken as legitimate criticism.

Its the tabloids problem, not Kate's. Kate's charities speak very highly of her and frankly I don't read anything but glowing comments from people who meet her

i feel like their all team harry...but come on...i feel like they are all deluded to think harry actually likes them as both individuals and as press...I doubt their(harry and william's) opinion has changed...and I don't think it ever will...and its obvious why.

they will start criticizing harry again the minute he starts making snide remarks about them again..

^^^ I agree. Huffington Post has a story today about Prince Harry telling Sharon Osborne to f*ck off when she asked him to hold her purse

Imagine if Kate said the same....

I like harry but what the press thinks is cool baffles me...people like harry because he messes up alot...is that a reason to be admired..or thought of as cool..no...and i don't think harry does things to be cool or come off as cool...i think the only cool thing he has done was the invictis games.

My general point is the press are predictable and easy to read....and the reasons for criticizing people are lame....stop using the royals as scapegoats....blame yourselves for bad sales and bad journalism..

let's stay on topic....this thread isn't about Camilla or Harry.

Oh dear, Camilla Tominey will be furious. There is nothing "cool" about a spinning tea cup ride. She is setting a "boring" example for Prince George.

OMG it really frightens me that we're watching and analyzing his pictures like he was some kind of a carefully and masterfully breeded animal. We even have his very detailed lineage to consider. Let's start to find out who will be an ideal future bride for this exceptional sire! to make even more cutest little princes in a couple of decades from now :p
Every or almost every little child in his age is some kind of sweet. Just because he is who he is doesn't really make him sweeter. Come on, people...

What I find really interesting about this little fellow is how he will deal with his future role in even more and more digital and ultra-liberal times? How will his parents raise him and will they repeat their own parents' mistakes? Or maybe even there will be no monarchy any longer in the UK and he will die as simply George Mountbatten-Windsor and not George VII?

Good Grief!! This is nothing that doesn't happen w/any child as they grow up. Famous or not, it happens & not at all creepy.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think this is Daily Mail fanfiction. It's all the Royal Christmas Myths all in one article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Kate-s-got-Queen-coming-George-star-day.html

How does this woman know that Nanny Maria hand wash George's clothes? Was she spotted by the Thames with a washboard. Or what rooms are Lupo not allowed in. Plus the piece de resistance- Otto the Middleton Cocker Spaniel returns to print. Was this disproved already ? Poor Tilly the Golden Retriever - an after thought in George's baby photo and now bumped by a mythical dog.

Some people on Twitter are reporting that William and Catherine took Prince George to see Santa Claus in Norfolk today

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom