General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate is definitely not short, 5'10 for a woman is model territory. I'm guessing whoever saw her wedding dress was at a distance. It's a good thing Kate found her a man who's over 6ft so she'll never have to worry about towering over him. As for Kate's clothes, I've made a presentation of my fav outfits. That black velvet dress is a cherry on top of a great year for Kate.

Thank you for that article. It was interesting and fun to see the transformation from a little girl into a beautiful woman who just happened to have married a prince. Actually. I think it was already written in the stars for her to be where she is now. It was meant to be.

:previous:

I am very lucky indeed to have had the privilege of meeing many members of the BRF and/or seeing them in person.

Catherine is indeed tall. I would indeed place her height around 5ft 10in. She is very thin though, and I wonder if that has led some members of the Royal Forums to think that she is petite. By way of comparison, I would estimate that the Princess Royal is around 5ft 5 in - 5ft 6in, but because she is more substantially built - but certainly NOT fat - she could strike people who just have photos to go on as being taller than that.

I have seen Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry playing Polo at the Beaufort. I would estimate that Prince Charles is around 5ft 9 to 5ft 10in. Both William and Harry looked several inches taller than him - I would estimate that both brothers are in the 6ft 2in+ range, which was very clear to see as they were standing alongside their father at the formal prizegiving, all identically dressed in team shirts, white breeches and polo boots.

The Queen is actually quite small - I estimate around 5ft 3in or 5ft 4in at the most. Prince Philip is actually smaller than you would think - even disregarding the fact that most people's spines shrink a bit with age, I would estimate that Prince Philip even at his tallest was around 5ft 9in perhaps 5ft 10in at the most. Because he always carries himself very well, and because he has an air of great authority about him and because the Queen is actually quite small, people often think that Prince Philip is (was) at least 6ft tall.

Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother were both very petite indeed - around 5ft I would estimate.

The Countess of Wessex, The Duchess of Gloucester, The Duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra are all in the region of 5ft 5in.

Fergie is about 5ft 8in. Because she is both substantially built and rather noisy, the perception is that she is physically taller. I would estimate that Beatrice and Eugenie are around 5ft 6in to 5ft 7in although they were both wearing different heights of high-ish heels when I saw them together, which made it hard to judge even though they were side-to-side. The Duke of York is taller than Prince Charles and I would estimate him as 6ft.

Photographs are often deceptive, particularly official ones. I am absolutely hopeless with the web and the internet, but if someone here can find a picture of the Official Engagement Photo of Diana and Charles and post it here, forum members will notice that Charles looks several inches taller than Diana!!

Hope this is of interest,

Alex

Last edited:
find a picture of the Official Engagement Photo of Diana and Charles and post it here, forum members will notice that Charles looks several inches taller than Diana!!

In the engagement picture - I believe I know the one you mean - they are standing on steps. Charles is standing on a higher step, Diana on a lower. Hence the impression that Charles is taller.

In actual fact - according to Internet sources - both Charles and Diana were the exact same height - at 5'10". Being thin she seemed taller and started to look taller than Charles because she began to wear very high heels, rather than the flats she favored initially.

With both William and Harry topping close to 6'2" (Wiliiam 6'3", and Harry 6'2") and Kate at 5'10", we can assume the next generation of Royals will be destined to be tall.

Last edited:
I am sure there is a party planned for her 30th!

Kate Middleton birthday: Pippa and Prince Harry plan party for Duchess of Cambridge's 30th | Mail Online

A serious question! Diana left all her jewellery to be given to her sons' wives.

1. Is Catherine likely to be seen wearing any of Diana's jewellery in the near future;
2. Is William reluctant to pass any of this on to Catherine for fear of public criticism;
3. Is the jewellery likely to be kept locked away to re-appear for her adult grandchildren?

Also if future children are only to be Lady X or Lord X does that mean when Charles is King they (William's children) leapfrog to Princes and Princesses?

That article is "interesting" I guess one could say. The Daily Mail used Grazia magazine(?) as its source. Rather dubious if you ask me. It really read as complete fiction to me.:p

Must be another slow news day at the DM. Like you, I'm taking this article with a very big grain of salt. It sounds like the author just took some random idea he/she had and stuck them together, then tried to pass them all off as the truth. Good grief.

I am sure there is a party planned for her 30th!

Kate Middleton birthday: Pippa and Prince Harry plan party for Duchess of Cambridge's 30th | Mail Online

A serious question! Diana left all her jewellery to be given to her sons' wives.

1. Is Catherine likely to be seen wearing any of Diana's jewellery in the near future;
2. Is William reluctant to pass any of this on to Catherine for fear of public criticism;
3. Is the jewellery likely to be kept locked away to re-appear for her adult grandchildren?

Also if future children are only to be Lady X or Lord X does that mean when Charles is King they (William's children) leapfrog to Princes and Princesses?

Any discussion regarding Diana jewels on Catherine can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...idge-jewellery-2-december-2011-a-32299-7.html .

In addition, the titles for any children can be discussed here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ke-of-cambridge-29-april-2011-a-30869-15.html . Altought to be honest, I believe it was discussed in great detail in http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/questions-about-styles-and-titles-258-55.html .

Don't know how much of a surprise this will be if it's reported in the media!

I can't imagine Kate being so insulated from the press, especially when she goes out shopping and might pick up a newspaper during her daily activities or switching on the TV.

Last edited:
Must be another slow news day at the DM. Like you, I'm taking this article with a very big grain of salt. It sounds like the author just took some random idea he/she had and stuck them together, then tried to pass them all off as the truth. Good grief.

No doubt more misinformation as with William and Kate's New Year's plans. I smell red herring!

Last edited:
No doubt more misinformation as with William and Kate's New Year's plans. I smell red herring!

Ditto. I think we'll be surprised once again to learn that they were doing something that's the exact opposite of what the press thinks. I hope it's a low-key affair for her sake. It's her birthday, and no one deserves to have his/her plans splattered all over the press. She already shared her wedding with us, and I have no doubt that in the future we'll be seeing some other more 'personal' events photographed, but right now, she deserves to have a quiet birthday, if that's what she wishes.

That is one biting article, or opinion piece rather. Name calling and snickering about her hair going gray. Ouch.

What horrible dreck. The opening paragraph was mind numbingly bad- I didn't think I could roll my eyes that hard.

Oh Noes! A female! TURNING 30! Life is over! Because 30 is OLD!

Idiot.

Also, has anyone actually ever heard Kate referred to as "Duchess of Dolittle" as an unflattering moniker? Because I read these forums every day, and I've never heard it used. Also, eight months isn't a long time.

I'd say the Daily Mail would make a decent birdcage liner, but I'm pretty sure parakeets are more discerning than that.

Also, has anyone actually ever heard Kate referred to as "Duchess of Dolittle" as an unflattering moniker? Because I read these forums every day, and I've never heard it used. Also, eight months isn't a long time.

It's probably other forums. There's one that began the name "Waity Katey" and that was picked up by the press.

Either way, we will not use either name to refer to Catherine.

Let's move on.

Either way, we will not use either name to refer to Catherine.

Let's move on.

Apologies- it wasn't meant to introduce a new moniker- I was referencing a quote from the article that I found particularly ridiculous :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom