Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wymanda

Royal Highness
City
Perth
Country
Australia
Girl

Caroline Alexandra Frances
Mary Caroline Lavinia

Boy
Phillip Michael Arthur
Arthur James Henry

Girl:
Victoria Catherine Caroline

Boy:
John Henry Michael

Among the names I'm hoping for an Alice or Victoria for a girl. However, I've got a feeling it will be a boy, in which case I would like to see a James or Philip.

Girl : Alice Carole Frances

Boy : Richard Michael Philip

Girl:
Victoria Diana Caroline

Boy:
Edward Philip James

I think it'll be a boy. Nevertheless, my guesses for names:

Boy -
Patrick Charles Edmund
Philip Richard Charles
Nicholas Henry Philip
David Michael Arthur

Girl -
Victoria Sophia Marie
Alice Victoria Helena
Alexandra Sophia Mary
Caroline Louise Mary
Isabel/la Margaret Amelia

I think that this baby will be a boy!

For their first two children, they seem to have gone with rather traditional royal family names, and I don't think that this baby will be any different.

Boy: Philip, Arthur, or Leopold (could be called Leo).

Girl: Victoria, Alice, Caroline, or Adelaide.

I ain't going to bother with second and third names, only first names but here are my guesses:

Girl:
- Victoria
- Alice
- Helena
- Margaret
- Edith
- Alexandra
- Isabelle
- Mary
- Caroline
- Felicity
- Florence

Boy:
- Phillip
- James
- Anthony
- Arthur
- Benjamin
- Christian
- Cedric
- Christopher
- Daniel
- Dominic

Some of them are already occupied by the continental Royals, so I'm not sure if they would go for a name that is already being held by a senior working Royal somewhere else.

For a girl:

Eleanor Victoria Caroline

For a boy:

Philip Charles Albert

Girl: Alice, Victoria, Caroline

Boy: Michael, Alexander, James

I too think they will go with traditional royal names, but nothing really dated like Leopold or Ernest.
The problem is that many traditional names are already in use, like James, Edward, Charles, Anne, Alexandra, Michael.

Last edited:
I ain't going to bother with second and third names, only first names but here are my guesses:

Girl:
- Victoria
- Alice
- Helena
- Margaret
- Edith
- Alexandra
- Isabelle
- Mary
- Caroline
- Felicity
- Florence

Boy:
- Phillip
- James
- Anthony
- Arthur
- Benjamin
- Christian
- Cedric
- Christopher
- Daniel
- Dominic

Some of them are already occupied by the continental Royals, so I'm not sure if they would go for a name that is already being held by a senior working Royal somewhere else.

I won't try to guess the names, but I would like to see Alice or Victoria for a girl, and Arthur or Albert if it is a boy.

Last edited:
I am hoping for a boy simply because George is the only boy in his generation. Savannah, Isla, Mia and Charlotte - he needs a boy within a close enough age range to be friends and to play with. James is ok but he is still his father's cousin and not his generation.

I don't think they will use a name of an existing prince - so no Philip, Charles, William, George, Harry, Andrew, Edward, Richard or Michael as a first name.

That means spreading the new a little wider to find a family name - Christian (both the Queen and Philip are descended from Christian IX of Denmark - but already in use in Denmark for a future King) but it isn't a name used in the UK; John - bad history so not that popular; David - a nod to Wales and not used as a first name in the UK - although it was Edward VIII's family name; Albert - the Queen's father is fairly obvious there;

So I would go with - David Albert Charles

For a girl using the same criteria I am ruling out - Elizabeth, Charlotte, Beatrice, Eugenie, Anne and Alexandra.

Victoria - maybe but then there could be confusion with the Crown Princess of Sweden - even though it is also Philip's grandmother's name; Mary - a nod to the Queen's beloved grandmother; Alice - Philip's mother and great-grandmother; Caroline - a nod to Catherine's mother

I would go with Phillipa though - after Catherine's sister AND William's grandfather

so

Phillipa Alice Victoria

Just off the top of my head with names for no specific reasons.

Boy: Philip Michael Henry Cambridge

Girl: Alicia May Victoria Cambridge

Philip isn't going to be around for very much longer so I don't think they would avoid that name like they would with a much younger family member. I also think Prince Michael of Kent would not stop the Cambridges from using Michael if they wanted to honor the baby's maternal grandfather.

I definitely see James out of the pictures with 2 Uncle James and a cousin James in the family already.

Personally, I think it would tickle Philip pink if he knew a great grandson was named after him. Should the wee Philip need a surname for any legal reasons it would be Philip Mountbatten-Windsor and therefore a definite continuity of Philip's name. I just think that would be so nice. :D

This time I'm not sure what the gender will be, but I'm guessing that it will be another boy though I thought George and little Gabriel of Sweden were going to be girls so I'm probably wrong on that one :D

I would like to see them revive an older name that hasn't been used for a while. Something like Adela would be nice. I like the sound of Adela Elizabeth Victoria. It hasn't been used as a first name for a while yet (even though it is Eugenie's middle name) so I would also like to see Helena being used - and I think Helena works really nicely with George and Charlotte.

For a boy; I'd like to see either Leopold or Arthur. Leopold Henry Charles or Arthur William Philip would be nice.

Well the birth order so far has been boy - girl so I'll say a boy named Philip Michael Charles after his great grandfather & grandfathers.

For a girl...I like Alice, Eleanor, Victoria, Mary

For a boy... Phillip, Louis, Arthur, James, Edward.

LaRae

For a Girl...

Caroline, Sophia, Alice or Maud.

For a Boy...

Philip, Arthur or Leopold.

I think it will be a girl for some reason.

For boys I can see using Philip or Arthur. I think Philip Arthur James would be a fitting name.

For girls I think they will use Alice or Mary.

My guess is actually that it will be something on trend but not necessarily previously used in the royal family. If they do go with a royal name:

Girl:

Alice Catherine Victoria

Boy:
Arthur Charles Philip

If Michael is out because of Prince Michael, wouldn't David be out :ermm:

I would only rule out names used in this generation, well kids. Like James and Louise. Naming for an older generation I see no issue.

I think it will be a little boy. Bit either way, see or hope a honor to Philip. And I do hope Middletons get a name in. Nice if honor her parents this time.

Boy

Philip Michael William

Arthur Philip Michael

Philip James Henry

Albert Michael Andrew

For a girl I love Victoria but don't see as first name. If they were going to use it I'd think it would be first girl. But who knows

Girl

Alice Carole Victoria

Mary Alice Carole

Margaret Carole Victoria

For a boy-

Robert, Fredrick, Alfred, Arthur, Leopold

For a girl-

Alice, Matilda, Isabella/Isabel, Amelia, Eleanor

Last edited:
My guess is a girl and the Princess will be named Alice or Mary as the names so far have been traditional royal ones.

I'm sure they'll still with the more traditional types of names.

LaRae

I'm still hoping for a little Leopold. So cute. For a girl I'd love an Alice or even Margot. But that probably won't happen.

I'd argue that they've gone Hanoverian rather than Victorian/Windsor for George and Charlotte.

Fredrick for a boy (there are very few Hanoverian boys names not already in use)

Sophia, Caroline or Adelaide for a girl. (fingers crossed for Adelaide)

Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

It's more family names than Hanovers.

George Alexander Louis, Charlotte Elizabeth Diana all but Alexander are names in their immediate family. I know William has a first cousin on the Spencer side named Alexander. However there is no indication that W is super close to him. William didn't even go to his wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom