The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2017, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

I think I suggested Arthur and Elinor for George and Charlotte.
Those names both go with George and Charlotte IMO. So Arthur and Elinor still are my favourites.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:48 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I would love the name Cecilia. It's a great way to honor the queen mothers mother Lady Cecilia Bowes Lyon.
Also Philip's sister.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:57 PM
Nobility

I have been thinking more about names and as pretty as Alice is, I am doubtful they would name a girl that name. The reason is Alice Keppel. She was the mistress of King Edward VII and is also Camilla's great grandmother. I can just see the field day the press would have with that one. It is a pretty name, though.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Also Philip's sister.
I thought her name was Cecilie.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I thought her name was Cecilie.
It is but any variant of a name can be construed as honoring someone such as Charlotte being a feminine version of Charles.

I think the connection between Alice and Alice Keppel is far enough in the recesses of history that it won't be construed as being "connected" to Camilla's ancestor at all. I wouldn't doubt that publications such as the Fail would overlook it but that's the Fail doing what they do best. Being "spooners" to stir the pot.

I do like the name Alicia though. Mix it up a bit and make it unique for the child to give meaning to his or own name as they go through life.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It is but any variant of a name can be construed as honoring someone such as Charlotte being a feminine version of Charles.

I think the connection between Alice and Alice Keppel is far enough in the recesses of history that it won't be construed as being "connected" to Camilla's ancestor at all. I wouldn't doubt that publications such as the Fail would overlook it but that's the Fail doing what they do best. Being "spooners" to stir the pot.

I do like the name Alicia though. Mix it up a bit and make it unique for the child to give meaning to his or own name as they go through life.
I think most of their Alice talk would center around Philip's mother, Princess Andrew of Greece.

Though if Tom or Laura were chosen as a godparent to baby Alice, then maybe the Alice Keppel spiel would get more momentum.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:43 PM
Nobility

'Cecilia' sounds lovely.

Cecilia Victoria Mary Cambridge
Old 09-13-2017, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
'Cecilia' sounds lovely.

Cecilia Victoria Mary Cambridge

Cecilia is a pretty name but try saying Princess Cecilia of Cambridge three times fast.

God help her if she has a lisp :)
Old 09-13-2017, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I know stupid of me, but I hate the whole siblings starting with the same letter. Or at least have all siblings start with same. Having GCC just seems unabalanced. Okay, OCD of me or something

But I do love the name Cecilia/Cecile/Cecily. They are all forms of the same name, so all work.

Princess Alice Cecilia Valerie of Cambridge
Princess Eleanor Cecily Dorothy of Cambridge
Princess Alexandra Cecile Olive of Cambridge

(Valerie and Dorothy names of Kate's grandmothers, Olive great gran)

Son

Prince Frederick Michael Philip
Prince John Michael Claude
Prince Stephen Philip Peter

Frederick, Stephen, John and Michael are all names found in both families, and Peter. Claude for the queen mum's dad.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

The suitable name pool is very shallow especially boys names ,I don't like any. In the unsuitable or not used ones I would like are Irish or Scottish but thats because it's what I picked for my children
Old 09-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

By the time you get to number 3 I think it's ok to skip family names
Old 09-13-2017, 11:27 PM
Nobility

^^

Tell that to Andrew Albert Christian Edward and Edward Antony Richard Louis
Old 09-14-2017, 02:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Previous
I'm sure they would agree
Old 09-14-2017, 02:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Please no Albert or Arthur
Old 09-14-2017, 02:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I know stupid of me, but I hate the whole siblings starting with the same letter. Or at least have all siblings start with same. Having GCC just seems unabalanced. Okay, OCD of me or something

But I do love the name Cecilia/Cecile/Cecily. They are all forms of the same name, so all work.

Princess Alice Cecilia Valerie of Cambridge
Princess Eleanor Cecily Dorothy of Cambridge
Princess Alexandra Cecile Olive of Cambridge

(Valerie and Dorothy names of Kate's grandmothers, Olive great gran)

Son

Prince Frederick Michael Philip
Prince John Michael Claude
Prince Stephen Philip Peter

Frederick, Stephen, John and Michael are all names found in both families, and Peter. Claude for the queen mum's dad.
Usually princesses' name was Dorothea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothea
Old 09-14-2017, 02:50 AM
Heir Apparent

That may be true, but if you read my post I suggested Dorothy as a nod to Kate's grandmother. Carole's mother was Dorothy Harrison.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Usually princesses' name was Dorothea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothea
Well, Catherine's uncle is married to a Dorothee. That spelling is closer. Maybe she's close to her Aunt?
Old 09-14-2017, 06:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
That may be true, but if you read my post I suggested Dorothy as a nod to Kate's grandmother. Carole's mother was Dorothy Harrison.
Perhaps you need to read all discussion, not only your comment.
Different forms of the same names were discussed.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Please no Albert or Arthur
That is what I think too!
Although Arthur is preferable to Albert, a name which should be left in the Victorian era.
Whatever the Cambrides choose, I hope it will not be that.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I think most of their Alice talk would center around Philip's mother, Princess Andrew of Greece.

Though if Tom or Laura were chosen as a godparent to baby Alice, then maybe the Alice Keppel spiel would get more momentum.
I didn't think about that. It would be nice to honor Prince Philip's mother.