Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^

Tell that to Andrew Albert Christian Edward and Edward Antony Richard Louis :lol:

I know stupid of me, but I hate the whole siblings starting with the same letter. Or at least have all siblings start with same. Having GCC just seems unabalanced. Okay, OCD of me or something :D

But I do love the name Cecilia/Cecile/Cecily. They are all forms of the same name, so all work.

Princess Alice Cecilia Valerie of Cambridge
Princess Eleanor Cecily Dorothy of Cambridge
Princess Alexandra Cecile Olive of Cambridge

(Valerie and Dorothy names of Kate's grandmothers, Olive great gran)

Son

Prince Frederick Michael Philip
Prince John Michael Claude
Prince Stephen Philip Peter

Frederick, Stephen, John and Michael are all names found in both families, and Peter. Claude for the queen mum's dad.

Usually princesses' name was Dorothea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothea

:previous: That may be true, but if you read my post I suggested Dorothy as a nod to Kate's grandmother. Carole's mother was Dorothy Harrison.

:previous: That may be true, but if you read my post I suggested Dorothy as a nod to Kate's grandmother. Carole's mother was Dorothy Harrison.

Perhaps you need to read all discussion, not only your comment.
Different forms of the same names were discussed.

Please no Albert or Arthur

That is what I think too!
Although Arthur is preferable to Albert, a name which should be left in the Victorian era.
Whatever the Cambrides choose, I hope it will not be that. :eek:

Last edited:
I think most of their Alice talk would center around Philip's mother, Princess Andrew of Greece.

Though if Tom or Laura were chosen as a godparent to baby Alice, then maybe the Alice Keppel spiel would get more momentum.

I didn't think about that. It would be nice to honor Prince Philip's mother.

I know stupid of me, but I hate the whole siblings starting with the same letter. Or at least have all siblings start with same. Having GCC just seems unabalanced. Okay, OCD of me or something :D

But I do love the name Cecilia/Cecile/Cecily. They are all forms of the same name, so all work.

Princess Alice Cecilia Valerie of Cambridge
Princess Eleanor Cecily Dorothy of Cambridge
Princess Alexandra Cecile Olive of Cambridge

(Valerie and Dorothy names of Kate's grandmothers, Olive great gran)

Son

Prince Frederick Michael Philip
Prince John Michael Claude
Prince Stephen Philip Peter

Frederick, Stephen, John and Michael are all names found in both families, and Peter. Claude for the queen mum's dad.

Ha! Ha! Laughing at your same letter/OCD issue. I had a G, followed by an A, then an E. When baby #4 arrived, we wanted to honor a deceased relative (Jewish/Hebrew tradition). This relative was an A! So, I was like you - I can’t repeat the A... We considered using the A for his middle name... I was very up in Air about it (OCD here) ? Anyhow, we went with the A, we loved the name. I was able to overcome my issues, and now when the two are together, we call them the “A Team,” and it’s cute. They are also very close (sister 8 years older than brother, and look most alike of my children).

P.S. I’m still loving Cecilia (or any variation) for this baby. I was hoping they’d use it for their first girl, but love the name Charlotte too!

I guess a girl.

Name suggestions:

Princess Mary Edwina Frances
Princess Cecilie Mary Catherine
Princess Rosemary Anne Catherine

Prince Richard Arthur Francis
Prince Michael William Henry
Prince Hugh Richard Henry

I guess a girl.

Name suggestions:

Princess Mary Edwina Frances

Princess Cecilie Mary Catherine

Princess Rosemary Anne Catherine

Prince Richard Arthur Francis

Prince Michael William Henry

Prince Hugh Richard Henry

I like Edwina!

I personally don't like Alice, Arthur or Albert and I think we have enough Princess Eleanor/Leonore right now, so I am hoping for something different.
I still don't like the name George, he's such a cutie but I have still have not warmed up to his name.
I don't really have a clue as to what the Cambridge's will use but a couple of my preference are:

Boy:
Philip Michael David
Michael Spencer Andrew
Stephan Philip Christian

Girl:
Victoria Elizabeth Mary
Alexandria Francis Alice
Cecilia Elizabeth Anne

Richard or Philip for a boy
Rebecca or Rowena for a girl

I simply like these names.

That is what I think too!
Although Arthur is preferable to Albert, a name which should be left in the Victorian era.
Whatever the Cambrides choose, I hope it will not be that. :eek:

I love these names.

Albert is such an old guy name. I hope too that name will remain in the closet for a long time. I still think Prince Dominic of Cambridge sounds great.

Not going to see a Dominic though.

I could see a Phillip/Frederick/Arthur though.

LaRae

It's a shame though. I don't see why they couldn't take more liberty in what to name their children besides what has already been used on hundreds of people within the RF over the centuries before them. We're not going to see a Bowdie (thank god) in that family, but there are many lovely English names

Because they don't want to? Some folks like old fashioned names..even non-royals.

LaRae

Perhaps. I don't know if they get told what type of names not to use considering their firstborn will sit on the throne one day.

I'm pretty confident they have the freedom to choose the names of their children. They are a fairly traditional family..not surprising that they go with the types of names they do.

LaRae

Some folks like old fashioned names..even non-royals.
But there are lot of traditional names British royals never used or haven't used for a looong time as a first name. Daniel, Michael, John, Jacob, David, Frank, Samuel, Grace, Florence, Sarah, Rachel.

I don't think there will be a Caecilia or Alice because of the tragical life of those two members of the former royal house of Hesse-Darmstadt?

Michael was last given to a Prince of the UK in 1942 and he is still alive.

David was last used in 1961 and again is still alive - even though not a Prince.

John has so many negative connotations - King John and then the two young Prince Johns who died - Edward VII's youngest and George V's youngest sons - both buried at Sandringham side by side.

Sarah would raise issues regarding William's Aunt Sarahs - which one - Diana's sister or Charles's ex-sister-in-law so won't be happening.

Sarah would raise issues regarding William's Aunt Sarahs - which one - Diana's sister or Charles's ex-sister-in-law so won't be happening.[/QUOTE]

Not to forget "Fergie".....:whistling:

Sarah would raise issues regarding William's Aunt Sarahs - which one - Diana's sister or Charles's ex-sister-in-law so won't be happening.

Not to forget "Fergie".....:whistling:[/QUOTE]

Ups-I just noticed you meant Fergie- SORRY

I do think that people in general stick to more tradititional names for their sons while with their daughters they tend to be more imaginative.

However, as far as William and Kate are concerned I believe they will stick to names that are usual in upperclass circles and among their friends for both sexes, as no-one would want their child to be sticking out like a sore thumb with a very old fashioned or rather odd name among those people the youngster will be growing up with.

With a third child there is room for a bit more leeway but I really can't see the Cambridges straying too far away from that template. Unfortunately for them though most of the usual male names for a British Royal (or upperclass male) are already being used, while a few remain for a girl.

John has so many negative connotations - King John and then the two young Prince Johns who died - Edward VII's youngest and George V's youngest sons - both buried at Sandringham side by side.
Also, Diana had an older brother named John who lived less than 24 hours.

Michael was last given to a Prince of the UK in 1942 and he is still alive.

David was last used in 1961 and again is still alive - even though not a Prince.

And there's Diana's brother John who only lived a few hours. My dad and his three brothers all have royal or somewhat royal names - William, Robert Arthur (Dad), Richard Thomas, and James John. And their dad, my Grandpa, was William Arthur. Maybe one of those, except for William and John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom