Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was one week with William, but Charles' name was announced when he was one MONTH old. I can't imagine the palpitations that would involve today! :lol:

I might be remembering it wrong but didn't prince Edward's name take a super long time to be revealed? Even longer than Charles'?

My parents' generation still refers to "Grace Kelly."

The simplest reason for the press, especially in America, to keep calling her Kate Middleton is that they think the general public is either limited to a goldfish like memory and wouldn't remember what Kate Middleton's new name/title is. Or, that the public is of limited intelligence and would have been like "Who's this Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge woman???" "What happened to that Kate Middleton girl???"

I might be remembering it wrong but didn't prince Edward's name take a super long time to be revealed? Even longer than Charles'?

Yes, Edward was born 10 March 1964 and his name wasn't announced until 20 April.

Charles: born 14 November 1948, name announced 14 December.

Anne: born 15 August 1950, name announced 29 August.

Andrew: born 19 February 1960, name announced 22 March.

Last edited:
I chose Richard as the first name, but I just remembered there is already currently a Prince Richard (the Duke of Gloucester) in the BRF. So, they probably won't pick that name, but I'll stay with the pick anyway. HRH Prince Richard David Michael of Cambridge.

I chose Richard as the first name, but I just remembered there is already currently a Prince Richard (the Duke of Gloucester) in the BRF. So, they probably won't pick that name, but I'll stay with the pick anyway. HRH Prince Richard David Michael of Cambridge.

Well if they didn't use names already in use, they wouldn't have used George.

Using a name used in a different generation is completely different, then say James which is used by another child.

Not many people in the public know the Duke of Gloucester, or that his name is Richard.

If we were to rule out names in use we would have to eliminate David (Viscount Lindley), Alexander (not only George but Richard's son), Frederick (Freddie Windsor), and if we went into their kids as well, then we have also Albert, Louis.

For more recent long waits on names, Louise's name took almost 3 weeks. She was born November 8, and her name was released on the 27. May have been in part due to the fact she was in the hospital until the 23rd, and waited a few days after she got home to announce.

Last edited:
I'd say they are unlikely to use a name of an already existing Prince, like Richard.. even if Richard D of Gloucester is usually known in the press a "the Duke of Gloucester".. So no Prince Michael or Henry/harry.
And a few days to wait for the name to be announced.. is hardly a terrible thing. They may feel they want to wait till all the family like the queen and Charles etc have seen the baby... or they may still be deciding on the name...

Honestly looking at past babies, the whole 'waiting for the whole family to meet him' is starting to seem less and less likely. Its not just Philip.

Charlotte's name was announced May 4th. The queen saw her the next day.

Honestly starting to wonder if they just like to keep us guessing for a bit, nothing else.

I don't have a solid prediction like I did the last two times! But here are some names that I'd love:

Girl:
Victoria, Alexandra, Frances, Adelaide, Caroline, Sophie

Boy:
Louis (though I don't they'll use it because George has it, it's my favorite royal male name), Arthur, Philip, Albert, Henry (again doubt they'll use this one), Francis

Woohoo!! Louis was my first choice - I hoped George would be named Louis, actually, and after he got it as one of his middles I didn't think it would happen for this baby, but I look where we are! Got 2/3 ?

Somewhat surprised about the Charles choice as I thought it was evident in Charlotte - or maybe it's a subtle reference to his sister as he already shares a name with his brother?

Honestly looking at past babies, the whole 'waiting for the whole family to meet him' is starting to seem less and less likely. Its not just Philip.

Charlotte's name was announced May 4th. The queen saw her the next day.

Honestly starting to wonder if they just like to keep us guessing for a bit, nothing else.

Not the whole family but at least the queen and Charles.. (don't think that Philip is perhaps feeling energetic enough to make a visit right now...

And the name of the baby is

Prince Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge

Now that a name has been chosen we close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom