Aristocracy

If it's a boy:

Albus Brian Wulfric Percival

If it's a girl:

Hermione Luna Virginia

That's it. Those are the names.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Virginia isn't a Harry Potter name. Ginny Weasley is actually Ginerva.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Virginia isn't a Harry Potter name. Ginny Weasley is actually Ginerva.
Don't you mean Ginevra?
Old 09-04-2017, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

God forbid they use 'Spencer' [for a boy], as the Spencer's are considered quite big-headed enough already...
Old 09-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Don't you mean Ginevra?

Yes. My phone doesn't have an Harry Potter autocorrect feature
Old 09-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Margaret would be nice also.

LaRae
Marguerite is one of the Queen Mother's middle names.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Don't forget by marriage Catherine has a brother-in-law of sorts called Spencer! But Prince Spencer sounds very stupid.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I think it's just that those particular names are quite popular in aristocratic circles at the present time.
They keep turning up again and again.

I really doubt they have a connection with William's Spencer cousins, since he doesn't seem to see them much.
I don't think George was named for William's cousins but it is an interesting bit of info.

I don't see most of my cousins on a regular basis anymore--distance and obligations-but I still feel close to the ones I had regular contact with as a child. I think he saw his Spencer aunts' children when Diana was alive, even some vacations together.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Marguerite is one of the Queen Mother's middle names.
So that's a good tie in too.

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I don't think George was named for William's cousins but it is an interesting bit of info.

I don't see most of my cousins on a regular basis anymore--distance and obligations-but I still feel close to the ones I had regular contact with as a child. I think he saw his Spencer aunts' children when Diana was alive, even some vacations together.

William may still be close to Laura Fellowes. She did make the cut for Charlotte's godparent. He has multiple first cousins on the Spencer side. She also lives in Norfolk.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
If Michael is out because of Prince Michael, wouldn't David be out
David isn't the name of a Prince though. Hence why I believe it could be in play while I would rule out Michael - especially as Prince Michael is the title he uses. As a result any new boy using David would be the only Prince David.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

I don't think anyone will be confusing HRH Prince Michael of Cambridge with HRH Prince Michael of Kent unless he comes out of the womb with a beard.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
My early prediction is another girl. I’d love the name Cecilia - as a first name, or anywhere within. That was the name of Queen Elizabeth’s mother, and I’ve always thought it lovely.
And Philip's allegedly favourite sister was Cecile. She was the one killed in the plane crash.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Amelia Caroline Sophie

Arthur Michael Philip
Old 09-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

I think they'll continue with very traditional names, maybe something a tiny bit more adventurous but nothing that will surprise anyone too much. I think the Middleton side of the family will be more prominently represented in the names.

Something like Philip Michael, (or Michael Philip), would be a natural choice for a boy, IMO.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Courtier

I'm guessing another girl. Like others have stated, I believe William and Catherine will stick to traditional names. I am hoping they use Victoria as a first name.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Aristocracy

Margaret would be a good girl name for a princess, although it is an old, traditional name.

It would be nice to name their daughter after William's beloved grandaunt Margaret. I'm sure she adored William since Charles was her eldest and favorite nephew. She basically helped raise William's father when Elizabeth and Philip had to travel after George VI was ill in the early 50s.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
Margaret would be a good girl name for a princess, although it is an old, traditional name.

It would be nice to name their daughter after William's beloved grandaunt Margaret. I'm sure she adored William since Charles was her eldest and favorite nephew. She basically helped raise William's father when Elizabeth and Philip had to travel after George VI was ill in the early 50s.
Yes, but Princess Margaret's granddaughter is Margarita.

With so many names to choose from, I don't see any need for doubling up!
Old 09-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's another girl but either will be great.

For a boy, I'm leaning towards Philip. I definitely think Philip is gonna be somewhere in the name but I also could vividly imagine them using it as a first name. I don't think they'll use Charles – I think it's very obvious that they already honoured him with Charlotte – but I could imagine them honouring Kate's father since he wasn't included in George's name, so either Michael or Francis. I also think there's a good chance of either Arthur, Alfred or Albert being somewhere in the name. My initial guess would be: Arthur Philip Michael.

For a girl, I'm still set on Matilda. I think it's such a beautiful name that would go well with George and Charlotte. But at the same time I also feel like I'm just projecting my own preference over here I actually think names like Alice or Rose are more their style. Or maybe Josephine? I could see them honouring Carole – either with her actual name or by using Caroline. And then I think there could be a chance of Philippa being one of the middles since it would honour both Philip and Pippa. My initial guess would be: Matilda Caroline Rose or Matilda Philippa Rose.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like Alice Matilda Rose :) I hadn't thought of Matilda but it is a great name