The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

With all due respect, William and Catherine don't really care what other royal families name their children.

The Cambridge children are known worldwide. Not many people outside Sweden or Denmark know of Mary or Victoria

Old 09-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I'm going to scratch off Mary as a prediction. Kate and William are pretty familiar with Mary and Frederik and I doubt they'd give their perhaps future daughter the same name as the future Queen of Denmark. This is why I'm on the fence about Victoria aswell.
I wouldn't discount them as second or third names because of future Queens in Scandinavian countries.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
With all due respect, William and Catherine don't really care what other royal families name their children.

The Cambridge children are known worldwide. Not many people outside Sweden or Denmark know of Mary or Victoria
It's not about who in the world knows who, for christ sakes. It's about the fact that Kate is pretty friendly with Mary, who is herself a future Queen, and therefore might feel that Mary is a name not to be used as a first name.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I'm going to scratch off Mary as a prediction. Kate and William are pretty familiar with Mary and Frederik and I doubt they'd give their perhaps future daughter the same name as the future Queen of Denmark. This is why I'm on the fence about Victoria aswell.
So because they have met royals with the name they will rule them out

I rule out Victorua as a first but only because if they were going to use it, I think it would have been used for first born daughter. At this point I think the next chance it used as a first will be daughter of George.

If going to rule out based on foreign royals Eleanor, Alexandra, Catherine and Amalia/Amelia, Victoria, Mary, Sofia, Matilda........would all be out.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy

Theodore would be a good princely name.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Nobility

I am going to say that the child will be a girl and they will name her Mary Victoria Frances. Mary after Queen Elizabeth's grandmother Queen Mary, Victoria because of Queen Victoria and it is just such a pretty name, and Frances for Diana's middle name.

Edited to Add: I went back and looked through the thread after posting my choice for a girl, as I did not have any thoughts about a boy name. However, after reading everyone's choices for a boy, I am thinking Philip Michael Spencer.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Keeping in line with George and Charlotte...I look for a similar style of name. Which is why I lean to something like Mary, Victoria, Fredrick, Edward, James, Phillip etc.

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, I think they will steer away from Mary unless they want the child to be known with a double barrel name like Mary Katherine or Mary Virginia. I picked a middle name of May because that is the affectionate name that Queen Mary went by. Some sources say that May stemmed from being called "my little Mayflower" as a wee one and it was shortened to May.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Philip Michael Spencer (not for Pippa's family--for Diana)
or
Alexander William Francis

Eleanor Mary Frances
or
Alice Alexandra Victoria
I really like your choice of Philip Michael Spencer. I never thought of using Spencer for a name. That is brilliant. I am going with that choice for a boy but I am going to say that Spencer will be for Diana's family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The baby will be 5th. That's not quite far. He or She is still a HRH, child of a future monarch, sibling to a monarch. They aren't going to name it Downton or Aston Villa.
Aston Villa
Old 09-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We'll know what Will and Kate are a fan of if, by chance, the baby is a boy and they name it Sheldon Howard Leonard Rajesh Cambridge.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, I think they will steer away from Mary unless they want the child to be known with a double barrel name like Mary Katherine or Mary Virginia. I picked a middle name of May because that is the affectionate name that Queen Mary went by. Some sources say that May stemmed from being called "my little Mayflower" as a wee one and it was shortened to May.

Margaret would be nice also.

LaRae

Quote:
We'll know what Will and Kate are a fan of if, by chance, the baby is a boy and they name it Sheldon Howard Leonard Rajesh Cambridge.
Too funny...or Penny Amy Farrah Fowler Bernadette Cambridge!

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Rajesh should be the first name since the actor who plays him has actually met members of the BRF.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Amelia Bernadette Penelope, Amy Bernie Penny for short
Old 09-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Eleanor it is then!

Actually George's names all are first names of William's Spencer cousins--
George--Sarah's son
Alexander--Jane's son
Louis--Charles's son

I think it's just that those particular names are quite popular in aristocratic circles at the present time.
They keep turning up again and again.

I really doubt they have a connection with William's Spencer cousins, since he doesn't seem to see them much.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Commoner

Girl....
Alice Helena Victoria

Boy....
Frederick Robert Alexander
Old 09-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
So because they have met royals with the name they will rule them out

I rule out Victorua as a first but only because if they were going to use it, I think it would have been used for first born daughter. At this point I think the next chance it used as a first will be daughter of George.

If going to rule out based on foreign royals Eleanor, Alexandra, Catherine and Amalia/Amelia, Victoria, Mary, Sofia, Matilda........would all be out.
My god.. No, I said I'm going to scratch those names off the list as this is just merely guessing and those are my reasons for thinking they wouldn't go ahead with a name like Mary. Whetever that is true, I don't know. Who the f*ck does?
Old 09-04-2017, 02:53 PM

Given that they have favoured Hanoverian names for their first two children - George (George III) and Charlotte (his wife), I believe they may well continue the tradition.

So, my predictions would be:

Frederick Philip James
Caroline/Amelia/Sophia Frances May

Frederick would be nice, possibly shortened to Freddy. Philip as an additional name would be a nice nod to the baby's great-grandfather, with James for Catherine's brother.

Sophia could be difficult, as it's close to Sophie, so Caroline or Amelia would be more likely. If it's a girl, an additional name of May would be lovely (baby possibly due in May) to compliment the family name of Queen Mary, the Queen's grandmother.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sorry but the fact that they are named after two people who were Hanoverian doesn't mean that's why they favoured the names. I genuinely think with William and Catherine that they liked the names above everything.

There isn't going to be a Frederick, it's too foreign. Caroline perhaps, but more along the lines of Alice, Philip, James etc.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

George VI more than George III.

The Queen was not named Elizabeth because her parents liked Tudor names even though Elizabeth and Margaret are both Tudor names. The Queen was named after her mother, grandmother and great grandmother.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Commoner

Girl:
Alice Catherine Victoria

Boy:
Arthur Philip John