Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Diana have to do with names Arthur or Albert?
Maybe she didn't like them, but she is dead now; the main decision belongs to William and Catherine.

She didn't like them.
That is why she said No thank you and selected William and Harry.

But as you say, it is up to William and Kate now.
I just meant that I will think of her if they go with Arthur or Albert.

What does Diana have to do with names Arthur or Albert?

All too MANY believe that everything must be in accordance with that Woman's capricious tastes and desires !

There’s a large Italian family down the block from me and it’s seems like everyone is either Maria or Joseph.

“Meet my aunt Maria”. “Meet my sister Maria”.

Same with the men. Cousin Joseph, Uncle Joseph.

I think they’ll go with names they like and not worry about someone else in the family having the same name.

I wouldn't forget how much both William and Harry love, respect and honor their mother's memory and legacy, regardless of anyone else's opinions of her before or after her passing. That said, I doubt either William or Harry are going to be worried about names their mother didn't like for them, in choosing names for their own offspring. ?

Most likely the Queen's preferences will be taken into consideration prior to a decision being made.

My pure guess: Philip Michael William of Cambridge

I wonder some of the likes here for Frederick, James, and Henry. All are of course possibilities, but there's already a royal cousin named Frederick Windsor (Duke of Kent's son). I don't see either Frederick or James being chosen, and I also believe Henry is more of a long shot.

Probably Albert, Francis, Peter, and Victor are other possibilities for second and third given names. Prince Charles was already honored with the naming of Charlotte, and Prince George already has Louis as one of his names.

Maybe the Cambridges will surprise us with their final selection. :flowers:

Last edited:
All too MANY believe that everything must be in accordance with that Woman's capricious tastes and desires !

If you mean me, I don't believe that everything has to be in accordance with Diana's desires- EXCEPT when I happen to agree with her. ?

Philip or Frederick as a first name
Middle names : Henry, Edward, David or Michael

While I have always favored Frederick for baby Cambridge's name, I feel pretty convinced that the first name will be either Albert, Arthur, Frederick, or Philip (with the longshot name being Alfred

In a Text exchange with my Mother Today she said Albert was her preferred name for the infant Prince... I thought better than to explain to an 88 year old why that might NOT be a good idea...
#PrinceAlbert #Awkward

Ow...yeah...maybe not Albert then...
(so many names have different associations these days, difficult to come up with something without) (i blame the internet for at least half of them ;) )
:lol:

My (probably last) guess is Alfred

Last edited:
William and Catherine could surprise everyone by giving the new Prince his first name and then three middle names. Yes, I know that Prince George and Princess Charlotte each have three names. However, it is not a mandatory declaration that the newest Prince has three names. He could have four names.

William and Catherine could surprise everyone by giving the new Prince his first name and then three middle names. Yes, I know that Prince George and Princess Charlotte each have three names. However, it is not a mandatory declaration that the newest Prince has three names. He could have four names.

I don't think he will four names when his older (and, therefore, more senior) siblings have only three. In Sweden, for example, Princess Estelle has four names while Prince Oscar has three.

Personally, I would prefer that all recently born royals had 4 names, but 3 seems to be increasingly the norm these days.

I am sure this baby will have just three names. Yes, I think that four names would be more convenient (more relatives to honor;)) but they chose this, more modern, format.

I also think the baby will have 3 names like his siblings. And I think Catherine's father will be honored with one of the names.

And I think Catherine's father will be honored with one of the names.
I secretly hope they will surprise us with the choise of his first name. Because James, Philip, Charles, Andrew, Edward already exist among the closest relatives. Why can't the baby have something unique?

I am sure this baby will have just three names. Yes, I think that four names would be more convenient (more relatives to honor;)) but they chose this, more modern, format.

Philippe and Mathilde’s, and Frederik and Mary’s children all have four names if I am not mistaken. However, if you look at more recent royal births, William and Kate’s children have been given three names only so far and, in Sweden, only Victoria’s. and CP’s firstborns have four names whereas all other grandchildren of King Carl Gustaf have three names. We can’t tell for sure then, but there seems to be a clear trend towards three names only,.

Thinking about it and Prince James has a very classy and modern sound. Jimbo! ;) Love it! (Seriously like it!)

I am still hoping for a John...or a Victor! :flowers:

Philippe and Mathilde’s, and Frederik and Mary’s children all have four names if I am not mistaken. However, if you look at more recent royal births, William and Kate’s children have been given three names only so far and, in Sweden, only Victoria’s. and CP’s firstborns have four names whereas all other grandchildren of King Carl Gustaf have three names. We can’t tell for sure then, but there seems to be a clear trend towards three names only,.

Only Elisabeth (Therese Marie Helene) and Gabriel (Baudouin Charles Marie) have four names. Emmanuel (Leopold Guillaume Francois Marie) and Eleonore (Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie) have five. :flowers:

With James Wessex, James Middleton and James Mathews, I truly hope this little guy gets his own name. Enough James in both families :flowers:

I was hoping for a baby name as a birthday gift to me :sad: Guess I have to wait, hopefully tomorrow.

I secretly hope they will surprise us with the choise of his first name. Because James, Philip, Charles, Andrew, Edward already exist among the closest relatives. Why can't the baby have something unique?

Michael wouldn't be totally unique, already one in the royal family :flowers:

At this point I don't see them breaking a pattern, and giving the baby any more or less then 3 names. Can honor plenty of people with 3 names, especially when the Middletons and Windsors have many names in common.

The queen only has 3 names, her sister only had 2. Of her 8 grandchildren, four of them only have 3 names (York girls, Anne's kids).

Besides the Swedish royals (with exception of Estelle/Alexander) there are still those who do four names. The Danish royal children all have 4 names. The Belgian kids, Dutch kids, Luxembourg grandkids all have 4. Among the Spanish (besides the all saints part) and Norweigan royals, its not tradition to have more then 2 names.Some of the non-reigning houses do more.

Lots of families use nicknames. Little Joe, Big Joe, Joey etc to distinguish between family members.

Is anyone really going to confuse James Wessex with Prince James of Cambridge?

My betting is on Arthur because I like the sound of ‘Prince Arthur’. I also like John and Michael.

Lots of families use nicknames. Little Joe, Big Joe, Joey etc to distinguish between family members.

I don't think so. The thing about James is there are so many attractive diminutive possibilities, like Jamey/Jamie, Jim, Jimmy, Jay, and so it goes (not to mention Jimbo)! I think a Prince Jamie would be sweet. ;)

Prince James of Cambridge sounds very regal. :flowers:

Frederick Arthur George or Christain Lloyd Philip.

My betting is on Arthur because I like the sound of ‘Prince Arthur’. I also like John and Michael.

No, I doubt anyone will confuse them. But do we really need another James?? There is such a plethora of names to choose from, royals or not. Do we know if any of the James in the families go by any sort of nickname???

I notice someone mentioned families with multiple Maria or Joseph. Yes that is common in Catholic families, but they are usually double names. In very traditional families, all girls would be Maria. Five daughters, all Maria. They would just go by their second name. I have a family friend who has 3 sisters, 2 are Mary and 2 Maria. But double barrel, and they all go by the second half. They have 2 brothers, both named Joseph X. And like the girls, go by the X.

Haha speaking of the Luxembourg grandkids, Noah has even more than 3: Noah Etienne Guillaume Gabriel Matthias Xavier. A boy who isn't even in the line of succession! Sweet boy, though.

Would Spencer as a middle name be feasible? I'm not sure how much William wants to honor his mother--yes, he's already done so with Charlotte, but maybe he wants it again? At least here in the states, Spencer is a fairly common/accepted name among the younger generation.

Hoping for a Frederick.

I’m thinking the name might be announced on Thursday. Tomorrow is Anzac Day and Charles, Harry and Meghan are attending commemorations.

Unfortunately, I don’t like any male names being discussed and was hoping for a girl for this reason. The only male royal names I like are James, Alexander and David and I don’t think they’ll use those. I’m just praying we don’t end up with Prince Albert:lol:.

Unfortunately, I don’t like any male names being discussed and was hoping for a girl for this reason. The only male royal names I like are James, Alexander and David and I don’t think they’ll use those. I’m just praying we don’t end up with Prince Albert. :lol:

I'm with you on that :flowers: or any of the other names similar, like Alfred. :sad: We'd be having a Prince Al. No methinks. Doesn't work. But we'll see! ;) Once he's named it's done. It 'works', like George.

Haha speaking of the Luxembourg grandkids, Noah has even more than 3: Noah Etienne Guillaume Gabriel Matthias Xavier. A boy who isn't even in the line of succession! Sweet boy, though.

Would Spencer as a middle name be feasible? I'm not sure how much William wants to honor his mother--yes, he's already done so with Charlotte, but maybe he wants it again? At least here in the states, Spencer is a fairly common/accepted name among the younger generation.

Hoping for a Frederick.

Charlotte is also Kate's sister's middle name .

LaRae

:previous: And though people seem to think William and Harry will snub him, it is also the feminine of Charles for her grandfather :flowers:

George- queen's dad, queen Alexandra, Louis Mountbatten
Charlotte- Charles/Pippa's middle, The queen/Kate and her mom's middle, Diana

I don't see them using Spencer. Why? There are plenty of male relatives to honor instead of honoring Diana again. Hopefully we will see them honor people like Michael, Philip and so on, and not once again a nod to Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom