The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2017, 11:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I seriously get the feeling that if the baby is a boy, it will be named after Philip.

Perhaps with Peter as a middle name to honor great grandfathers on both sides of the family. The DoE and Peter Middleton actually knew each other for a short amount of time if my one brain cell is working right tonight.

Pictured: Royal couple's grandparents' jet-age meeting - Telegraph

Another name for a girl I've come up with that I like while we're on the subject of great grandparents and all. Olivia is pretty name and would be pretty much owned only by the little princess in the world around her.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I seriously get the feeling that if the baby is a boy, it will be named after Philip.

Perhaps with Peter as a middle name to honor great grandfathers on both sides of the family. The DoE and Peter Middleton actually knew each other for a short amount of time if my one brain cell is working right tonight.

Pictured: Royal couple's grandparents' jet-age meeting - Telegraph

Another name for a girl I've come up with that I like while we're on the subject of great grandparents and all. Olivia is pretty name and would be pretty much owned only by the little princess in the world around her.
Olivia is pretty, it does fit with some of the natural names of their social group's kids.

Small note, Kate's great grandmother was actually Olive, not Olivia. Olive Lupton, Michael's grandmother.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Olivia is pretty, it does fit with some of the natural names of their social group's kids.

Small note, Kate's great grandmother was actually Olive, not Olivia. Olive Lupton, Michael's grandmother.
That's why I said the name Olivia would be unique unto the child. It is a variation of her great great grandmother's name.

It is kind of nice when you get to your third child. I pretty much went with what I wanted at the time (with hubby's assent). The kid is just lucky I went with Brian Scott rather than Brian Boru.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:42 AM
Gentry

Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

Quote:

I agree that Philip is a likely name for a boy. I think Peter would be a good one to add as well.

Philip Michael Peter
Old 09-16-2017, 04:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt if they will use Philip as a first name.. but IMO it should have been used as a middle name when George was named. but certainly I think this time if they have a boy it should be Prince First name Philip Michael.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
That's why I said the name Olivia would be unique unto the child. It is a variation of her great great grandmother's name.

It is kind of nice when you get to your third child. I pretty much went with what I wanted at the time (with hubby's assent). The kid is just lucky I went with Brian Scott rather than Brian Boru.
A Legend certainly, but a bit much for a baby to take on!

I am expecting to see more of a nod to Kate's side of the family somewhere in the name, so yes to Michael, not so much Carole - but Caroline a good alternate.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I am keen on Alexander/Alexandra. Both have the resonant sound for a 3rd born (I think). Have never liked the name Alice. Don't think it'd work really.

I hope they have a 4th. That would really make the Cambridge family interesting, like the Danish family.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I am keen on Alexander/Alexandra. Both have the resonant sound for a 3rd born (I think). Have never liked the name Alice. Don't think it'd work really.

I hope they have a 4th. That would really make the Cambridge family interesting, like the Danish family.

Well you never know according to all those wonderful magazines at the check out at the supermarket she is having twin boys !!!!!!! But then so is our Nicole oh and princess Mary and Pippa too
Old 09-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Me too - I love the idea of 4 Little Cambridges... I have four of my own (kids - not Cambridges ), and it’s a great number. With three, it always seems like someone is left out... my husband and I talked of having five, but after #4 arrived, we thought - this is the number!

However many children they have, I do love that they seem to be growing a tight-knit, happy little tribe.

This week I’m really liking Rose as part of a girl’s name... Ceceilia Mary Rose...

For a boy... David Henry Phillip
Old 09-20-2017, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Me too - I love the idea of 4 Little Cambridges... I have four of my own (kids - not Cambridges ), and it’s a great number. With three, it always seems like someone is left out... my husband and I talked of having five, but after #4 arrived, we thought - this is the number!
Tell me about it! That is happening to us. Never thought it but it does have it's perks, particularly for the children, I think. Not sure we'll go past the four. We'll have to see. I do think it has everything to do with spacing and how the boy/girl pattern takes place, but also how genial the grouping is. In my husband's and my case, we have darlings.

Quote:
However many children they have, I do love that they seem to be growing a tight-knit, happy little tribe.
A nice refuge from the sterility of public life (and adoration).

Quote:
This week I’m really liking Rose as part of a girl’s name... Ceceilia Mary Rose...

For a boy... David Henry Phillip
I am so very fixated on Alexander/Alexandra that I can't entertain anything else, but a Princess Cecillia would be unique (Cee-Cee). I do love/prefer the Italian pronunciation. A Princess Mary sounds very appealing, very sweet.

I am drawing a blank on a boy's name. Does that mean....ha! We'll see. None of the suggestions are compelling (to me) except Alexander. That's a worthy name.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Tell me about it! That is happening to us. Never thought it but it does have it's perks, particularly for the children, I think. Not sure we'll go past the four. We'll have to see. I do think it has everything to do with spacing and how the boy/girl pattern takes place, but also how genial the grouping is. In my husband's and my case, we have darlings.

A nice refuge from the sterility of public life (and adoration).

I am so very fixated on Alexander/Alexandra that I can't entertain anything else, but a Princess Cecillia would be unique (Cee-Cee). I do love/prefer the Italian pronunciation. A Princess Mary sounds very appealing, very sweet.

I am drawing a blank on a boy's name. Does that mean....ha! We'll see. None of the suggestions are compelling (to me) except Alexander. That's a worthy name.

But Alexander is George's middle name. No way do they use it for another one of their children.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
But Alexander is George's middle name. No way do they use it for another one of their children.
The Queen did it--
Prince Andrew's name is Andrew Albert Christian Edward then Prince Edward (Edward Antony Richard Louis) came along, so it is not out of the question to use Alexander again.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Well you never know according to all those wonderful magazines at the check out at the supermarket she is having twin boys !!!!!!! But then so is our Nicole oh and princess Mary and Pippa too
Yeah, those headlines are crazy, not so?
Old 09-21-2017, 09:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I hope they have a 4th too, but if they do, poor Kate and that HG she suffers from. If they have a 4th, she is a tough, tough lady to endure that again.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:31 AM

I hope they have a fourth too. Four is not that rare - Belgium, Denmark x2, (Joachim and Frederik!), and Luxembourg has 5 (though they are a bit older). Probably really jumping the gun as 3 isn't even here but I get so much joy and excitement from it all.

I also think they'll use Philip somewhere for a boy. Not to be morbid or anything, but Philip is old enough that they likely won't be living concurrently long (with this reasoning they're more likely to use Philip than for example James or Andrew or Edward, especially if for a first name). Louis is my favorite but I doubt they'll use it as it's one of George's middle names.

For girls, I'm keen on Victoria, Alexandra, Mary, Adelaide, Caroline, and Frances...
Old 09-21-2017, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I hope they have a 4th too, but if they do, poor Kate and that HG she suffers from. If they have a 4th, she is a tough, tough lady to endure that again.
Ain't it the truth! That is no fun!
Old 09-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post

True! I was kind of surprised with #3, just based on the HG issue alone. And as hard as suffering HG must be, I would imagine it’s significantly harder with one, now two little children at home. And I know she has a nanny, and tons of help, but that doesn’t detract fact that she is George and Charlotte’s mom and wants to be present for them. Hopefully she will be past it soon.

Does anyone remember about how many weeks she was in her previous pregnancies when she appeared to be up and about, and feeling better?

Also, a name question. Is Leonard a royal name? I think George, Charlotte and Leo would be a cute triumvirate!
Old 09-21-2017, 09:37 PM
Majesty

No, well certainly not in the UK. In Sweden yes, as the Swedish form would be Lennart.

But if you want Leo, then Leopold certainly has British royal roots. There is a Leopold Windsor, the grandson of the duke of Kent. Though I don't eliminate names being used by the royal family already, especially extended family, Leopold seems quite unlikely IMO.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Does anyone remember about how many weeks she was in her previous pregnancies when she appeared to be up and about, and feeling better?
Didn't it last most of the pregnancy? I wasn't paying attention. On-line it mentions the condition can last 20 weeks (or more) so it's far into it. Poor thing.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

With George they announced the pregnancy 3 Dec, and Kate was back to doing engagements by 11 Jan.

With Charlotte it was a bit longer; the pregnancy was announced 8 September 2014, and Kate's next official engagement wasn't until 21 Oct.