Engagement Photos of Prince William and Catherine Middleton: December 11, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the second one is probably the cutest picture i've ever seen. i can only imagine what it would be like if diana was here.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw them. How wonderful it would be for her to see her son in love and so happy. I am sure she is watching over them in sprit.

I concur! The second photo is probably the best engagement photo I've ever seen.

Why two people who are not yet in their 30´s need so much photoshop? Are they not pleased with their appearence? I wonder if it is the photographers fault. The second picture doesn´t look natural.

Beautiful portrait of the two embracing. The angle and light is very charming.

I must say that I do really like the picture where they are hugging each other. I love the colors of the picture, I like the simplicity of them. Her outfit looks very promising. The other picture looks very typical and almost every married & engaged couple pose like that.

the second one is probably the cutest picture i've ever seen. i can only imagine what it would be like if diana was here.

Well, she wouldn't be in the picture.... But surely William wishes his mother could join in the festivities.

Why two people who are not yet in their 30´s need so much photoshop? Are they not pleased with their appearence? I wonder if it is the photographers fault. The second picture doesn´t look natural.
Which parts have been "photoshopped"? :ohmy:

Very nice and sweet :)
I think it is typical royal portrait. What is photoshoped?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which parts have been "photoshopped"? :ohmy:

Don't worry about her post; she is practically always nitpicking - either on Catherine or Charlene Wittstock.

P.S. I don't believe anything has been photoshopped - what would need it?

Awesome pictures just goes to show how much in love they really are,the One where William is holding Catherine is really sweet!

Tnks :) just read it! I guess they are so sweet in the pictures that I did'nt even bother looking at the discription! :lol:

You're welcome, I can understand that.;) :flowers: So, no family portrait or anything? Can someone confirm?

Personally I find the first picture way too photoshopped.
I like the second picture much more. Very sweet.

I must say that I do really like the picture where they are hugging each other. I love the colors of the picture, I like the simplicity of them. Her outfit looks very promising. The other picture looks very typical and almost every married & engaged couple pose like that.

I think you just nailed it, Dazz.;) The key-word is indeed 'simplicity' - nothing excessive or unnecessary in these photos. Just two gorgeous young people, in love with each other. Nothing else or more would do.:flowers:

Don't worry about her post; she is practically always nitpicking - either on Catherine or Charlene Wittstock.

P.S. I don't believe anything has been photoshopped - what would need it?

Perhaps the poster meant to say 'airbrushed'. To me there appears to have been some degree of airbrushing but certainly nothing was 'photoshopped'.

The second, informal one (also my favourite!) looks almost identical to one made, I think by Lord Snowdon 30 years ago, of the Prince´s parents Ch. and D. The only difference is that the P o W wore a suit and tie. But Diana placed her engagement ringed hand exactly at the same spot!

i love the pictures. i thought immediately that the photographer would be testino, he seems to have a close relationship to william and kate. the more official one is certainly not very testino, with all that photoshopping and the background colours. i love the informal picture, so intimate and revealing of their complicity :)
beautiful, it's a shame we didn't get more!

As far as is known, this is it. Do the British ever do family portraits?

Good question. I think I saw one of Princess Anne's engagement photos with the Queen and the DOE, though I don't know whether that photo was official or not.:cool: I guess I was really curious to see the Middletons standing next to Prince Charles and the DOC.;)

Good question. I think I saw one of Princess Anne's engagement photos with the Queen and the DOE, though I don't know whether that photo was official or not.:cool: I guess I was really curious to see the Middletons standing next to Prince Charles and the DOC.;)

There where same photos with Anne, Mark, the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and Mark's parents. But i think they where not official and don't know they occasion on which they where taken.

There where same photos with Anne, Mark, the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and Mark's parents. But i think they where not official and don't know they occasion on which they where taken.

Same here, Stefan. It was just the only example that occured to me. Back to our topic: I tend to believe that these are going to be the only official engagement photos. If there were more, they would have been released yesterday.;)

Same here, Stefan. It was just the only example that occured to me. Back to our topic: I tend to believe that these are going to be the only official engagement photos. If there were more, they would have been released yesterday.;)

Think so too. But perhpas we will get somre formell photos before the Wedding. For Charles and Diana, Andrew and Sarah and Anne and mark there where other official pics before the Wedding (with the woman in evening gowns). I think only for Edward and Sophie there where no official pics released.

I really love the pictures. So beautiful...
Mario Testino is such a great photographer.

Last edited:
Even without brilliant Mario Testino's work,they would have looked great on photos,no doubt!

I agree. The photos are lovely. I am so very happy and excited for them. My one concern is that she appears washed out in the white or cream dress she wore in the more formal photo and hopefully either she will be sun kissed from a vacation before her big day or the designer will look at the photo to see how the color of Kate's dress doesn't particularly favor her complexion. Otherwise, she's GORGEOUS and will make a beautiful bride. I can't wait for their special day.

Meanwhile, I am sure we will see more formal photos of them together before the wedding, not in a formal sitting, but perhaps at formal events, for example her accompanying him at a charity or some other event.

Are there more photos or just these two published? I was thinking that maybe 3 or 4 would be released unless I was thinking of other photo-shoots that other families take.

Just those two. Which has surprised me.

Beautiful pictures. They look so happy. Especially the picture where they are hugging each other is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom