Engagement Photos of Prince William and Catherine Middleton: December 11, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good post, candi8305.

We don't know what their relationship is like. This is all nothing but guessing. He has lived as a royal in the spotlight from birth -- perhaps he is taking the lead in public to spare her a bit. The point is, we DON'T KNOW what they are actually like when they are alone, and it's none of our business, so I find it odd that people seem to be getting so shrill over their perception that Prince William is somehow running the show. And as anyone who has been married knows, no relationship is perfectly equal at all times.

Please reread my post, i have said I'm speculating, like everyone else.I have also said that we will never know, and i have put in 'maybe' and questions marks in my post because I'm just guessing.

Let's get back on topic...the actual engagement photos of William and Kate.

I love them. Makes me even more impatient for the wedding in April ;) I love how the two photos show how much they really care for each other... ever seen the official photos of Fergie and Andrew? Or even Di and Charles? Such a difference. You can see how they will last. ;)

Very good post, candi8305.

I agree - a very good post. In the olden days people got married and had to stay married and put up with all the difficulties and hardships if their spouse treated them badly etc. Nowadays, some people get married to the wrong person and divorce ready to do it all over again and make the same mistakes. In these modern times where attitudes and society has changed so much, the best recipe for a long and happy marriage is to get to know your partner over a long period of time and go through all the ups and downs to see whether you can get through them and at some point you come to realise that in spite of all the ups and downs you still loves someone so seal the deal and get married. Short courtships don;t seem to work as well these days as they might have done before!

I think after so many years together, William and Kate must have realized that Love is a CHOICE. Thats why people trully stay together, when they realize that beyond liking someone, Love is a choice.

So many people claim that they fall in and out of love... but really I think they are just falling in and out of lust/like. Love is more then a feeling, though strong feelings exist along with it. To truly love someone, you have to wake up every morning-whether in good times or bad- and say 'I choose to love you'.

Its when people stop choosing to love their spouse that things fall apart. Thats what I pray William and Kate have found. That is what will help them endure the pressures of royal life.

Thats my opinion anyhow...

I think after so many years together, William and Kate must have realized that Love is a CHOICE. Thats why people trully stay together, when they realize that beyond liking someone, Love is a choice.

I'm with you :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacknch and EchoLynn,
I agree 100% with you.

The pictures are so lovely, even more so because for a long time we could only guess. They were never very much into PDA, understandably btw , and to see a image like that, is such a pleasure :).

I can't wait to witness their first real public kiss. (and not one caught by a paparazzo outside a local pub at night) :p.

Last edited:
Jacknch and EchoLynn,
I agree 100% with you.

The pictures are so lovely, even more so because for a long time we could only guess. They were never very much into PDA, understandably btw , and to see a image like that, is such a pleasure :).

I can't wait to witness they first real public kiss. (and not one caught by a paparazzo outside a local pub at night).

PDA??? I don't understand this.

Why do people have a fascination with seeing people kiss? I find that strange - personally I would prefer that they didn't make a 'public' show of kissing as it seems so staged and false - for show rather than for emotional and personal reasons.

anyway, I still would love to see them being more comfortable around people (PDA-wise). that doesn't mean tongues. believe I always don't like when people feel the need to kiss every 5 minutes.

I feel that after the announcement they will be able to relax way more, and don't fell the urge to held back their feelings and actions. The pictures already showed us that.

The pictures looked re-touched, whether it was a bit or much you could tell.
Here is another article

Thanks for this article. I see I was not the only one who saw what some do not want, and see perfection everywhere. Wiliam does have hair one day, and loses it the other day.:lol::lol:

Ms. Jones objects to Testino being a fashion photographer and making Kate look too perfect, and then turns around and objects to Kate's choice of dress as being not special enough.

We can't have it both ways, really.

Personally, I'm hoping the "off the rack" choice of outfits is, perhaps, a sign of a more relaxed young, monarchy.
Maybe just maybe this young Catherine is politically conscious enough not to come out looking like Khrushchev's wife in lame and sautoirs. etc... and haute couture in these difficult financial times globally.The pics are unecessarily being critizized.Maybe Catherine will not be remembered for her clothes but for her deeds.

Last edited:
she does look a bit different! but lovely photos

You have a fundemental objection to french music? Perhaps Mr Testino finds this music to relax people? Let me guess, your objection is that he used the same music for Diana? Quelle surprise.

It's very interesting to me to compare the responses in the Monaco forum re: Princess Grace to this one. Both were 'young' blond princesses with incandescent star quality who brought the white hot spotlight of tourism to their respective countries. Both were unfaithful in their marriages. Both died young in car accidents leaving young children. The difference is that in the Monaco forum, it's 'Wouldnt it be nice if Charlene honored Grace on her wedding day' as opposed to Oh no, not THAT ring, Oh no, not THAT tiara, Oh no not THAT designer, Oh no, It would be a tragedy if a daughter were named after her grandmother, etc etc etc.

You have a fundemental objection to french music? Perhaps Mr Testino finds this music to relax people? Let me guess, your objection is that he used the same music for Diana? Quelle surprise.

It's very interesting to me to compare the responses in the Monaco forum re: Princess Grace to this one. Both were 'young' blond princesses with incandescent star quality who brought the white hot spotlight of tourism to their respective countries. Both were unfaithful in their marriages. Both died young in car accidents leaving young children. The difference is that in the Monaco forum, it's 'Wouldnt it be nice if Charlene honored Grace on her wedding day' as opposed to Oh no, not THAT ring, Oh no, not THAT tiara, Oh no not THAT designer, Oh no, It would be a tragedy if a daughter were named after her grandmother, etc etc etc.

It shows that one was universally respected while the other was divisive and damaging to the family into which she married.

It also says that many/most people did not know what GK was really like. I always adored her but after reading about her after her marriage, not so much.

Actually I feel it shows that more people want to give Kate a chance to be her own woman and not have to live in the shadow of Diana because we know and see how it can cause comparisons. I actually still to this day don't think Diana did as much damage to the monarchy as people may like to portray. But then again this isn't the Diana forum so I won't go into it.

:ROFLMAO:aha hahaha LOL

Dalida?? Dalida!?!?! That couple is rock-solid if they survived a photo session with that music in the backgroud. Dalida is no longer French music. Was she ever? nah! She committed suicide in the early 80s (could be wrong about the date but it's a long long time ago). That proves to me (I might be the only one and that's fine) that William does NOT speak or understand French because there is absolutely no way her music would relax him...

Oh no, not THAT ring, Oh no, not THAT tiara, Oh no not THAT designer, Oh no, It would be a tragedy if a daughter were named after her grandmother, etc etc etc.

Yes I have an objection to Testino adding to the insulting fact that Catherine is going to be continually compared to Diana. The way she acts, how she looks, how she talks, what she's like to the public etc.
I wonder if he uses this "french music" on every couple he photgraphs, or was it just reserved for Kate and William.
I find it horrible that she was given a recycled ring, I felt the same when Camilla recieved QMs ring.
Catherine, IMO, wouldn't suit the tiara Diana wore and people are hardly going to forget who wore the tiara first are they. This should be Catherine and Williams marriage, not Catherine, Diana and William.
If Catherine used Emanuel to design her dress, that's fine, just hope they haven't created a monstrosity like they did for Diana.
I think the name Diana, should be reserved for Williams grandchildren, the names in the BRF are boring.

However; this thread is about the engagement photos. Not our differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you're married, but if your fiance gave you a family ring that had been worn by someone else before, would you have thrown the ring back in his face and told him to buy you something new?

Probably not. You'd take that ring, say "thank you, I love you", say you'd marry him, and live happily ever after.

Saying anything different amounts to materialistic ego. A woman doesn't need a new ring. She doesn't need an expensive ring. She doesn't even need a ring. What she needs is a promise of love and fidelity. As long as you have that, who gives a damn if the ring belonged to someone else in his family years earlier or not? Is that really what is important?

Sakes alive.

William surely chose Testino as he chose to give Kate his mother's ring like he said himself to make sure that his mother would be part of his wedding. I don't have a problem with that, I rather find it quite a nice gesture, if not touching. I don't think that Kate felt offended by that.
I like the photoshoots, loved everything about them. But God why Dalida? :ermm:

As previouly discussioned, Testino has also photographed the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall as well as William and Harry.

So I think it was a comfort zone.

Frankly, I am a little distressed (if that is the right word for it) that Testino felt the need to share that he used the same music for this sitting as he did Diana. He could have contributed to a nice article about the sitting without mentioning that. Its like he was seeking a little extra publicity IMO.

As previouly discussioned, Testino has also photographed the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall as well as William and Harry.

So I think it was a comfort zone.

Frankly, I am a little distressed (if that is the right word for it) that Testino felt the need to share that he used the same music for this sitting as he did Diana. He could have contributed to a nice article about the sitting without mentioning that. Its like he was seeking a little extra publicity IMO.

Actually I took it as he has found out over the years that using this type of music seemed to relax and put his subjects at ease. The mention of Diana perhaps was to show how long he'd been doing it. Perhaps also during the shoot William did talk about his mum a lot and both Testino and Wills regaled Kate with stories and felt Diana was there with them in spirit. They were all together for quite a while it seems for this photo shoot. We do have to remember how close William was to his mother and how very much he loved her and he *does* want her very much remembered in anything to do with his and Kate's special day. Personally, I am growing sick of the pros and cons of mentioning Diana. The only person(s) that should worry about this are the ones affected namely William and Kate.

I totally agree.

My point regarding Testino was that mentioning the music was played with Diana wasn't something he had to mention. Or say this is music that most of my clients including Diana have enjoyed in the past.

People are going to keep mentioning Diana because stories like this come out. And as result they then try to make the day about Diana when its about William and Kate. And stories like this feed into Diana machine unnecessarily.

I am sure they aren't that concerned.

I personally didn't have a problem with Testino mentioning Diana, but I also know that the media is going to use these type of stories to make it all about her. So I'm a little conflicted. There's a part of me that wishes these type of stories would stop (so the focus can be on William and Kate), but I also realize it's a little unfair and unrealistic to expect people not to talk about Diana during this time.

I think Testino meant well. The bulk of the article was about William and Kate, but unfortunately Diana was the only thing the media focused on. I thought his actual quote was nice.

When I had photographed Prince William’s mother, I brought along a CD of Dalida, a French singer, that we played on set all day to relax everyone. I decided to do the same thing for Catherine and William. The contrast of the contemporary informal music playing in the beautiful rooms with so much history caused a lot of laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom